Capes Issue

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by marvelousman, Nov 27, 2013.

1. marvelousman Well-Known Player

It means that i must have to grow up my spark small???? Well it just worked to large sparks or even medium, while smalls have to suffer with this sin...
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There was a PS3 client hotfix that looks like it contained the cape fix today. That will hit PC and PS4 soon, too.
    • Like x 1
  3. marvelousman Well-Known Player

well, I'm relieved now. I'll be back playing again more often. Thanks a lot.
    So, mepps tell me please why my pc game have some issues like this:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

My char can go inside this big tree and his feet go inside some floors
    What can i do to fix this??? Is this some problem with my pc?
    • Like x 1
  4. marvelousman Well-Known Player

No, no, no Please devs dont make the same mistake again that u did after game update 31 when the capes were sticked on char body.
    Now o pc test server the cape is stoped without any little wind as we can see on striker body build. Look:
    [IMG]

Even when he is running the cape remains sticked on his body:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

While the cape of striker body build is normal with a little wind blowing the cape not too much heavy neither too much
    weightless:
    When the striker runs the cape flows properly:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    OH MY GOD WHY IT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND??? Is because i'm dont speaking the english very well??? How to explain it??
    While the spark is standing still must have a little wind not so much furious.
    When the spark is running the cape must flows as we can see above.
    The same mistake is happening now on PC test server and will be released soon on Pc normal server.
    • Like x 1
  5. marvelousman Well-Known Player

Please devs before it is too late. Dont make the same mistake PLEASE!!!
    Look how the cape should moves on spark while he is standing still:
    A sequence of 3 screenshots can show the cape of striker moving smooth:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    There is a little wind blowing the cape.

But on spark body nothing happens, no little wind, nothing! In a sequence of 3 screenshots nothing blows the cape as we can see on striker above:
    Look bellow:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Must have a little wind blowing the cape as we can see on striker above screenshots sequences.
    And while the spark is running the cape dont respect the laws of inertia.
    • Like x 1
  6. marvelousman Well-Known Player

At least the cape have a right shape while the acrobatic is gliding:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. NexGenX New Player

LMAO, its like "Here. we fixed it for ya... with super glue." xD
    • Like x 3
  8. marvelousman Well-Known Player

Funny and the same time sad...
    • Like x 2
  9. marvelousman Well-Known Player

I've been thinking a lot about the movement of the cape when the character is stopped. It is better to leave as is appearing in the test server. Stopped with no wind, because I'm afraid that you guys get me wrong, and the Hurricane returns to plague the capes again.
    The only thing I ask is that you change the movement of the cape when the character runs. Because it is glued to the body as if wet or heavy than normal.

So let the cape stopped without wind is more better than that hurricane blowing so furious.
    [IMG]

Change this glued cape on body while he is running it is so ridiculous:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. BigBigTrek New Player

It is not fix for me pc user.
  11. marvelousman Well-Known Player

They not fixed yet for pc users, soon they will fix it, but i hope the changes dont be the same that we can see on pc test server, i hope the capes return to be the same animation that was before game update 31.
  12. marvelousman Well-Known Player

The worst thing they did with the capes of sparks was changing his physical mechanics. Everything was perfect before game update 31. Then they did something that capes has never been the same and will never be the same.
    Now it is stuck in the body as if it had glue. It stretches like a gum, seems much heavier than a normal cloth. I prefer to give up and dont ask them to fix it. Otherwise they will do it much worse than it already is. So, anyway, let this horrible thing. I prefer that gum than that hurricane.
    [IMG]

It would be much easier to make the cape to have the same law of gravity that the cover of strikers has.
    But they chose to do the hardest possible way.
    I GIVE UP!
    • Like x 1
  13. Skylez New Player

To be honest, I like having the cape wave. It just kinda looks weird since its long.
    • Like x 1
  14. marvelousman Well-Known Player

THE ELASTIC CAPE:
    [IMG]

THE GLUED CAPE:
    [IMG]

THE CAPE THAT DONT APPEAR PROPERLY ON SHOULDER:
    [IMG]

This repair was done hastily and without the slightest consideration.
    • Like x 1
  15. marvelousman Well-Known Player

THE PERFECT CAPE:
    [IMG]

THE NOT GLUED CAPE:
    [IMG]

THE CAPE THAT APPEAR PROPERLY ON SHOULDER:
    [IMG]

WHY SPARKS CANT HAVE THE SAME TYPE OF CAPE THAT STRIKER HAS?????
  16. marvelousman Well-Known Player

WHAT IS THIS? WHY IT HAPPENS WHEN MY CHAR TURN AROUND???
    [IMG]

you guys fixed the gale, but brought many other defects. Why you dont do anything right?
  17. marvelousman Well-Known Player

I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY FOR THIS CHARACTER AT THE END HAVE THIS CRAP.

[IMG]
  18. marvelousman Well-Known Player

HAVE A SPARK BECAME A PUNISHMENT IN THIS GAME. THE HURRICANE IS OVER.
    BUT THE
    Static Cling Capes RETURNED!

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/static-cling-capes.178397/

NOT ONLY IS glued to BODY, BUT WHEN THE CHARACTER TURNS BACK THE CAPE STRETCHING AS IF IT WERE AN ELASTIC.

[IMG]

[IMG]

AND WHAT IS THIS? WHAT HAPPENED WITH HIS CAPE?
    [IMG]

Static Cling Capes:

[IMG]

JUST JUST MAKE THE COVER OF SPARK BACK TO BE EQUAL TO THE STRIKER BODY BUILD, PLEASE JUST DO IT, IT IS NOT SO HARD....
  19. Aetheryl New Player

Yeah, I'm definitely disappointed with capes on my Spark since the hotfix. Whenever I fly, there's a section of the cape that is stuck by my ton's right shoulder that just jags out to nowhere and remains static the whole time.

Really would prefer a revert of the hotfix while a proper solution is found. Sure, the capes floating looked a bit weird, but at least it wasn't clipping through my toon the whole time or going off in wonky directions for no reason.

Wholeheartedly agree with the original post that there should be some kind of way to customize the behavior of capes. When you consider the iconic images of characters with capes in comics, they're definitely not static, or like curtains hanging from walls. They're dynamic and billowing in the wind. Right now, they're just awful. :(
    • Like x 1
  20. marvelousman Well-Known Player

I agree with you...VERY AWFUL....