Capes Issue

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by marvelousman, Nov 27, 2013.

1. marvelousman Well-Known Player

Please let us choose how the cape will move.
    Here is my suggestion:
    [IMG]

1) Level one: high wind (the actual spark toons movement)
    2) Level Two: moderate wind (this movement does not exist)
    3) Level Three: Low wind.(the actual strike and brute toons movement)
    That way players can choose the level of wind blowing the cape. that they think is better, leaving everyone happy and satisfied.
    These options could be available in-game settings.
    I'm tired of seeing how the cape of Spark body type is moving in an exaggerated way while he is standing still. I do not like this kind of animation.
    Another thing I would suggest is the ability of players to choose two colors for the cape. Two different colors for both sides of the cape.
    As we can see in next image:
    [IMG]

Another thing that needs to be fixed is the shape of the cape when acrobatc toons are gliding, take a look:
    [IMG]

The format should be more straight when the acrobatic toon are gliding.

Please i ask DCUO developers fix the cape animation of all sparks toons while they are standing still, because this seems to be a hurricane blowing the cape. However when the spark toons are fighting or running the cape animation is ok and very well, so it dont need changes, just when he is standing still:
    [IMG]

While the other body size toons have the normal cape animation when they are standing still:
    [IMG]

PLEASE let the animation of spark the same of striker while they are standing still...PLEASE!!!!
    • Like x 36
  2. marvelousman Well-Known Player

PLEASE someone tells me something... Someday it will be fixed or not???
    • Like x 4
  3. starkboyman New Player

Yes me too, i want a change in that kind of animation that just appear only on spark characters, and just when he is stopped...please change it to a low wind blow...
    • Like x 5
  4. GhostofYodaDog New Player

I have a similar issue with all the capes looking like utter dog-poo. Can we address that too at some point?

Im mean, unless your toon name is Handi-Man, you can rest assured Im clowning your cape at a distance...
    • Like x 5
  5. buguimo New Player

I looked at your post on facebook and decided to create an account here in the forum because I'm having the same problem with my character spark his cloak that looks more like a paper blown by the hurricane.
    I would like very much that developers bring back the old animation that existed before the upgrade 31. My spark when he is stopped presents an indomitable cape. I have another char striker and the cape is very very pretty good!!!
    • Like x 4
  6. pietroinga New Player

I liked a lot of your ideas, especially having two colors on the cover as certain heroes use.
    I agree with you about the exaggerated motion that the cape of spark have when he is stationary.
    it does not correspond to something real.
    It needs a urgent hotfix...
    • Like x 5
  7. marvelousman Well-Known Player

• Like x 5
  8. starkboyman New Player

The devs dont care about us....
    • Like x 4
  9. buguimo New Player

Lol i'm starting to think the same...why they dont reply us? Bad service...
    • Like x 4
  10. pietroinga New Player

Hey devs come on....the update 32 is next week!!! you guys should avail this update to change the way the cape is moving. All sparks buildings are with these UGLY paper cape movement!!!!!
    • Like x 5
  11. starkboyman New Player

I loved his ideas so much, and I was one of the developers would have put this into practice. They should give us more freedom of choice, this is much better than pushing an idea and force us to accept it.
    I hated how they changed the way the cape of small moves. I hate it sooooooo much...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    • Like x 4
  12. buguimo New Player

This is true and I am compelled to agree with you, and now we are forced to see that terrible move that makes the cape, all stretched like a board. Oh my god...this is horrible, i removed that cape from my spark character...very very very saaaad...:(:(
    • Like x 3
  13. didi New Player

Hello i'm new here, and my toon have the same issue, and i dont like it, like to see how the cape moves smoothly as if it had a breeze. How long time untill they fix this issue?
    • Like x 2
  14. superhercolubus New Player

COOL IDEAS!!! I AGREE!! PLEASE CHANGE IT NOW!!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. marvelousman Well-Known Player

"cape moves smoothly as if it had a breeze..." That was the movement of cape of all characters before update 31...was so cool...but now they made this horrible thing with all sparks, and just only with sparks the body type that i like so much, i have a bad luck tide with games....
  16. marvelousman Well-Known Player

See my ideas turned into reality in game will be the best christmas gift....
  17. marvelousman Well-Known Player

I miss that time, three months ago before update 31 and some changes the devs made, when the cover of the spark moved smoothly, as can be seen in the photo below:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. marvelousman Well-Known Player

This is horrible even in time to take screenshots, the cape remains stretched all the time and not appear right behind the character:
    [IMG]

Before the update 31, the cape moved smoothly and could be seen behind the character, creating a nice screenshot.
    [IMG]

Why it is so hard to Devs bring back this again?
  19. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Has there been any progress with this? I would love to wear a cape on my spark character but the animation is just so horrid right now that I just can't do it. I have heard that there was a fix in progress, but no mention on whether it is included in GU32 or if it is still "in progress".
  20. Enickma Dedicated Player

Yeah it's driving me crazy too.