Can't Use Steam to Buy Cash!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vesper, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Vesper Dedicated Player

I play PC, using the Steam client. I went to add Daybreak Cash to my account, the Steam button appeared. I added funds to my Steam wallet, it was approved, the funds WERE put in the wallet. It brings me back to the Marketplace page to finalize the transaction.

The Steam button disappears, the screen says "processing" for like 10 minutes. Then it says there was an error and to retry. I logged out completely. Checked Steam. Funds are still in the Steam Wallet, nothing missing.

Go back in the game and there is NO Steam payment button! It has buttons for credit card and some other Pay-pal-type thing but no button for Steam. I've never even seen the other 2 payment buttons in 7 years of playing this game.

I just wanna give y'all money. How? Cuz Steam has my money in the Steam Wallet, and the Ferengi that run Steam do NOT give Steam Wallet money back.
    • Like x 1
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm guessing there's an error on Daybreak's end. I just logged into the website to see if I could purchase daybreak cash but it says error before you even get to the payment screen.
    • Like x 1
  3. PoKTLi Active Player

Ive been asking help about this for months now, and the only solution they offer is to buy directly from daybrake web page.

They also told me to ask steam for help but when i did that steam sent me back to DB support.

As you i have money in my wallet and i personally preffer to use steam because i add founds there with my national currency and even with prepaid cards (DC got rid of that option sadly).

Finally i gave up and decided to pass on what I wanted to buy here on DC (finally this is all virtual stuff) and spend that wallet founds on another steam game becuase this payment issue does not seem to be fixed anytime soon, or maybe ever.

Forgive my bad english.

P.S, I know at least another 5-10 persons with same problem. It is not only you and me. And the problem is only for daybreak cash, membership can be bought as usual.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Yeah, you guys aren't the only one with this problem.
    I've been having this problem for over a year now, and there's still not a single fix.
    It's kinda sad because i did contact the daybreak support and every solution i was given didn't fix the problem...this is really annoying and it's why i don't spend money inside the game anymore, i use steam 24/7 and it was always my go to option when it comes to adding cash inside of DCUO, it's also one of the reasons why i stopped playing the game so yeah it sucks... :/
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ng-db-cash-in-game-by-steam-dont-work.299598/
    • Like x 1
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I wonder how many PC customers DCUO has lost because of this issue.
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Paysafe cards can't be used for recurring payments. It is really umpossible to do a subscription payment with PSC.

PayPal would be possible though...
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

What did Daybreak Games support suggest?

Can you bring up the STeam overlay while ingame at all?
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

I have no issues paying with my Steam wallet. Could it be that there are differences between countries? I live in Germany. I've heard from league mates that some countries do not offer all payment methods...
  10. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Just so you know, I've always been able to use my steam wallet to pay for anything i wanted inside of DCUO (except for membership)
    I remember i was friends with someone on steam who had this problem (he lives in the UK) and i told him that i don't have this problem but funny how a few months later after he told me about it, it started happening to me (I live in Israel and i play this game on PC and always did.) so when it started happening to me i got really upset because i tried every way possible to fix it but nothing ever worked...i just don't understand why this even happened in the first place, i was able to do it for like 4 years+ and now all of a sudden it doesn't wanna work?
    There has to be a fix, i really would love to come back to this game and spend money on it but this issue isn't letting me.
  11. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

They suggested a bunch of stuff like running the game as an administrator (which i tried but didn't work)
    I was also told to disable any proxy settings cuz according to them it could be causing the issue (I tried it and it still didn't work)
    They also told me that it could be some ISP issues on my end which they can't help with or control (but it wasn't) because they asked me if i was able to make steam purchases and i told them i'm on steam 24/7 and i spend tons of cash on there and made many purchases, so then they told me it's not a ISP issue.
    After that they told me to send them some files called ''DxDiag.txt'' and ''msinfo32.txt'' cuz they wanted to check something, after i sent them the files they told me to run a clean boot on my system and then restart the PC and get on the game to see if the problem was fixed or not (i did exactly what i was told and followed each step but nothing worked at all)
    So then they apologized that they couldn't help me out with my problem or whatever... so i told them it's fine and haven't played the game ever since.
    I really hope this problem gets fixed cuz it's really annoying :/

Edit: To answer your question about the steam overlay, yeah it is enabled and has always been but the problem is still there.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Are you using a VPN and did you contact steam support as well?

13. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

To my knowledge the answer would be no, i don't think i'm using a VPN and i don't remember even downloading a VPN software.
    And for your second question the answer is also a no BUT, the same friend i mentioned above in my other comment did contact the steam support about it but they sent him to daybreak and told him that he should contact them instead cuz the problem could be from them.
    However at this point i'm desperate for anything that could help me with this problem so i might contact steam support just to be sure.
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

A couple things you should always remember when having issues with anything.

1. Always go to the source & and get your information firsthand never secondhand.

2. Always start diagnosing issues from their origins like going to STEAM first if you're having issues using STEAM wallet.

Going to DCUO about issues with STEAM wallet is like checking your tire pressure in your tires instead of checking your battery connections first on your car when your car will not start. whew....that was a mouthful xD
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

what about direct debit?
  16. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

come to the official DCUO discord and send me your msinfo as well
  17. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

That's understandable, but i don't have any problems with using my steam wallet for any other game or making steam purchases in general.
    It's only DCUO that does this, however i'll still give it a shot with the steam support and hope for the best.
  18. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Okay, be there in a few minutes.
    Edit: I'm already there and i sent you the file in your DMs.
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Taking from my personal experience. I would go to STEAM first anytime and every time I had a purchasing issue. Just as I would go to VISA or Master Card first if I had purchasing issues with either card.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

IMO, DCUO's auto recurring payment BS needs to be removed and it needs to have an option to turn it off & on. DCUO could save on a lot of negative vibes from that standpoint alone. That just screams deceit in a lot of people eyes. Especially when they find out about it after the fact. Sales are a lot about perception and first time impressions.