Can't use mic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by K3str3lDC, Mar 24, 2020.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I'm trying to voice chat with my League, but my mic won't work. IDK if it's a settings issue or the mic. I'm on PS4 using a headset headphones/mic combo. I can hear them, just they can't hear me.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ok first off, is your mic turned on? I know that's a dumb question but sometimes we forget to turn ours on.
    Second, did you run a voice/mic test in the game settings?
    Third, did you try switching to a different chat channel and back to league chat?
    Last thing I can think of is make sure you're not in a PS Party chat.
    • Like x 1
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

How do I turn it on?
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

How do I turn it on? In game or in my PS4's settings?
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

My mic has a physical on/off switch on the cord. Run a mic test thru the in game settings.
    • Like x 1
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I've done that, but it just says no input detected and tells me to look at the button/control scheme. IDK if it wants me to try switching it or just refer to it or both?
  7. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Did you check to see if you have PTT (push to talk) on? It's on by default but you can turn it off in the voice chat settings, or just hold right on the d-pad whenever you want to talk.
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

9. Chia Death Well-Known Player

10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I have no idea. I don't know how to do a mic test in PS4 settings, but it has worked in PS4 party (though there's this weird squelch/squeal every time the other member talks that gets worse the louder and longer they talk or my volume is) and I don't really have other games that use this sort of thing, so IDK if it'd work with other games.
  11. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Well the fact that it worked in party chat is good, that means at least it does work with the PS4. I'd recommend at this point searching YouTube for help getting the mic to work on the PS4, then once you have it properly set up give it a whirl in DCUO.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

It didn't look like this was mentioned yet, but check your league rank and the permissions for that rank. There are league management options where you can prevent certain ranks from talking in league chat.
    • Like x 2