Can't use game configuration

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by ElectricD, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Comet New Player

I was lucky to find a cheap WIRED gamepad by Logitech that gets around the error. I was unable to fix the error and my WIRELESS gamepads still don't work, nor does the game configuration part. BUT the WIRED gamepad DOES work. You will still have to go and configure the key bindings to suit your style of play, but this work around works for me. Hope it helped.
  2. Comet New Player

"wow not one response from a green name here?

What a surprise.

glad this isn't happening to me."

I would have just reinstalled my OS lol you know I did that and it still didn't fix the "game configuration" error. I started it from scratch with bot win 7, 8 and finally 10 and it didn't work for any of them. I even installed and tried to run it on 2 other systems and the same error. So, I got nothing :) The work around I posted below eventually got me back into the game with a wired controller, so I am good to go......just not more than 4 feet :)
  3. Ravs New Player

I have the same problem, I hope that a solution is found. :mad:

Tengo el mismo problema, ojalá que se encuentre una solución. :mad:
  4. Microwave Well-Known Player

I'd like to see a fix for this soon because this has been happening to me ever since I started playing. Since my graphics do not look "low" in game as the configuration panel suggests(configuration panel says it's on low, in game settings says it's set to high). I'm not sure it's even connected to the game anyway. If it is I'd like to change these settings. If it's not, DCUO should remove the game configuration options tab from the client all together because it is just confusing af!

Either way no matter what I do in the configuration panel it crashes with this same type of error report.
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The graphics are configured ingame. The panel is for controllers and the resolution / window mode.
    To improve the graphics quality beyond of what you can do ingame, use your graphics driver.

You migth be able to get rid of the error if you unplug your controller.
  6. Microwave Well-Known Player

Hey thanks for the reply! I don't use a gamepad controller though. PC here. I notice the panel has graphics quality options as well not just controller options and relsolution/window mode. I can see a slider bar with graphics quality going from low to high and it appears to be set to 'low'. But as I mentioned this seems to actually be controlled through the in game settings as you seem to agree.
    It's just a weird panel that doesn't seem to have much purpose. Like it's an old idea forgotten about and never cleaned up lol
  7. XFuriouSGamming New Player

Hi! I had the same .Net framework error, and it should be fixed with the next steps:

First of all: Download UltraEdit (http://www.ultraedit.com/) [Any other programs like Visual Studio may work but I used this one]
    2. Create a new file with UltraEdit, and write this:
    <configuration>
    <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
    </startup>
    </configuration>

Then save it as DCUOOPTIONS.EXE.CONFIG in the same folder as DCUOOPTIONS.EXE (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DC Universe Online\UNREAL3\BINARIES\WIN32 in my case).
    Then it's done! It should go fine now!
    At least this worked for me ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Overman New Player

Can confirm it works! Thank you, you lifesaver!

For anyone not wishing to download the program and generate the .config file themselves, I uploaded mine. Just download it and drop it in your \Binaries\Win32 folder.
    • Like x 4