Can't Send Cash?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I was trying to send in game cash from one toon to another, something I've done a million times, now it's saying "Your account level cannot send cash though the mail". I'm an all access member so what level am I allowed to send in game cash?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That was locked up years ago during the cash exploits.
    • Like x 2
  3. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Good time to just request a cash section for shared inventory?
    • Like x 4
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Not true. I've been able to send cash to my other toons even after that fiasco.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  6. GregTheFarmer Active Player

Yet they still list it as a perk of a membership? Wonder how long it will take them to fix this bug...its been 2 years already. So my guess is either they don't care or they don't know how to.
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It isn't a bug, it was a deliberate action on their part. One they assured us was temporary, just until they found a different way to transfer cash within the same account. Riiiight... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not a bug, they intentionally shut it down to prevent people from hiding cash from a cash wipe.
    • Like x 4
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Mepps:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Holy crap, it's been several years now since we could send cash.

And you haven't noticed in, say, the past two years that at no time you could do this thing you claim you've done "a million times"?

Uh-huh.

Anyway, you can't. Thank the gold spammers.
    • Like x 3
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is just not true. Since at least December, 2019, nobody has been able to mail cash. You're simply telling a complete untruth here. You might want to get a better sense of time if you can't tell what "two years" means.
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Way to "guess" without bothering to check any facts.

That's so useful! Why let facts get in the way of completely groundless imagination? Let's denigrate the devs for no reason other than that we can!
    • Like x 2
  13. GregTheFarmer Active Player

I'm talking about the bug that forced them to shut it down, the bug being the thing that allowed people to dump trillions into the game. The question remains; 2 years later, why haven't they turned it on? And if its something that needs to be fixed before they turn on that feature, WHY haven't they fixed it? This is an on going issue with this game. Things are broken, remain broken and the devs either don't know how to fix them or they don't care, or a combo of the 2. But those are the only possible answers.

- People still crash when entering Phoenix Cannon (even though its irrelevant content, it still happens)
    - You can still get back into the fight in COU last boss after you die
    - Page of Destiny still broken with celestial
    - Loot menu on PC bugs out and refused to open if accidentally hit the K key the same time you hit the L KEY. And the only way to fix it is to warp to another zone.

All of those things have been bugged for at least a year if not more longer. And all we get the DCUO teams is a meaningless "Noted" or "We are currently investigating this issue" from the Community Manager, but the issue never gets fixed.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The duplication glitches were fixed, that involved the trade window and the broker. The mail remained locked after their first "cash wipe" in case they needed to do a second cash wipe.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It actually says 'trade items and cash', not 'mail cash'. Not sure it ever said that, but it doesn't now, at least on DCUO's site.

And we weren't able to trade seals for years (still can't) and there was (might still be) a broker 'seals' area....so...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Star King Active Player

Wait! Are you telling me there is absolutely no way to share in game currency to another player on your own account? Not even using shared inventory? How is that right? If my real life bank decided to operate like that, they wouldn't be my bank anymore. The Devs need to at least allow shared inventory to be used for that. Gear can be sent though right? Just buy whatever gear you need to and use shared inventory to give it to another character so that character can use the gear or sell it for the cash.
  17. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

If they wanted to do a second cash wipe they would need to disable the broker and in-game trading as well, because one can just hide their money with sodas or equipment enhancers for example. The mail was probably shutdown because they couldn't find a safe way to fix the exploit.
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Why would you buy gear lol. A piece of Time Capsule is like 1 million and sold for 6k to the vendor and re-selling it will cost too much because of the risk of it expiring and you losing the 5%, vendor gear isn't tradeable in a any way. The only way to share cash is 1) Having a friend with membership 2) Putting stuff for like 999.999.999 on the broker and buying it with your toon with cash, but theres the 5% fee
  19. Star King Active Player

I know that, but the op is looking for a way to send cash between characters, not a way to make it rich. Thus buy gear with one character, put the gear in shared inventory, use the other character to collect it and sell it. My way maybe a slow but it should work.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Can we talk about how Xbox suffered the removal of mailing money as well, even though we were completely isolated from the cash exploits? :(
    • Like x 1