Top Bug - In Progress Can't save weapon mastery styles

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Zamara, Sep 17, 2019.

1. XBlue Well-Known Player

2. Napoleon Well-Known Player

35 seconds to reach the style menu when first logging in... jeez. And it doesn't look like just a latency issue considering you're seeing activity in the chat during that 35 second wait.

Same is happening here, but I am in the US. That time is almost cut in half for me, but nevertheless, extremely annoying.
  3. XBlue Well-Known Player

It's definitely not because of my internet :) This is the case every time you log in. The DCUO servers are unfortunately not the fastest. It takes an eternity before all of the settings have been loaded. But then it goes faster :)
  4. Zamara Dedicated Player

The devs know how the bug works and there was a video in the original report in the issue tracker, actually think it was more than 1 cause there were many reports on different weapon combos. I remember back around the time when the bug first came up there was a reply from one of the devs about it not being on their priority to be fixed cause it wasn't a game breaking bug and just being a visual bug, maybe the way these get fixed has changed over the years maybe not, but that was their response like 6y ago.
    Maybe they are waiting to have time to actually fix it for good instead of just partially fixing it, maybe the bug is deep down in the code and it takes more time than what they could afford to put into itoor it could mess up other things if they mess with it.
    • Like x 1
  5. XBlue Well-Known Player

What is noticeable about the bug is that if you set your weapon style again after logging in and you switch to Armorie without saving, the style still remains. This would mean that it is not because of the armories, but that the style is reset after leaving the server.
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

I agree with you, the bug might have been noticed bc we have armories to save them to but might actually be on the server side.
    But he bug is not just limited to logging out, it will "save" on the armory for a bit and then suddenly you switch back to it and it's back to the bugged selection without even switching characters, sometimes it resets when going through portals or sometimes will reset without even moving away from the armory that you just reimprinted into. Sometimes it doesn't even get temporarily saved. I've seen it going back to the bugged style even without switching armories you could've set it when you log in, run some instances with them being fine and then you do the combos and the style is randomly back to the bugged one without any apparent reason other than maybe the game loaded the bugged setting back in.
    Also not sure if you noticed but you can actually see it in your video, after you logged back in the wm styles were set to not be locked and they were locked when you logged out. It's not just the styles you picked that aren't being saved, it's like the whole settings of those 2 categories are not being saved at all on the server because you can notice that the color scheme and the material settings won't save either.
    And a bug that i've seen a lot that could somehow be related to this one is that if you go into an instance with a weapon build and switch to a different armory with a different weapon your character will be holding the weapon as if it was the one you went into the instance with. Like you could go with a staff build, switch to a bow build and your character will be holding the bow on one hand and the arrow with the other hand as if it was a staff or viceversa if you went in with a bow and switched to staff. Have seen it with every weapon and got to see some weird and funny animations as a result from that. Not sure if it's just visible for us as players or if it does show up for other people bugged too. Might actually open a different report for that and post some screenshots.
    • Like x 2
  7. Midnight Man8 Level 30

8. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

Hello,

Well i got an bug witch makes me sick it isnt that important but it ruin styles..
    i saw this at handblaster and staff idk if thats everywere same

i got the staff-one handed weapon combo and if i use it i use an demonic sword no matter how mutch times i try to save a diffrend style nothing changes i reload the game and the style is the same demonic sword...

same counts at Handblasters and Brawling i change the style to bare hands for the combo with brawling save it and get after an restart again an weapon in my hand if i do this combo ...

like i say it isnt so important i know but tbh it disapoints me abit would be nice if the devs take time and look for this
  9. sebfm Well-Known Player

Occurs on my character, with either mastery one style or mastery two style.

Character power : Gadget
    Main Weapon style saved : Dual Wield
    Weapon Mastery One not saved : Bow/Brawling
    Weapon Mastery Two not saved either : Bow/Brawling
    Seems to be saved until unlog/relog. When relogging, Weapon Masteries styles reset to default on each styles.
  10. Tori Slainte New Player

Yes it's so annoying that it doesn't save your weapon mastery style. Especially with dual wield into brawling. The brawling style always reverts itself. Style wise and color wise even if you save it to an Armory. It happens every time I log out.
  11. Napoleon Well-Known Player

12. XBlue Well-Known Player

13. XBlue Well-Known Player

Bump up the jam ....

.... because this bug is one of the most annoying that ever existed in DCUO. After every change of toon or login I can adjust the weapon styles. How many more years will the bug be ignored?

NOTE: And it has NOTHING to do with the Arsenals! No further saving necessary if these are manually adjusted again. If you switch arsenals, these will remain in the online decade! Even if you change the arsenals, which means that they are "actually" stored there.

Maybe you should look at the right place in the source code and not (only) look for the error in the arsenals.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ogreboy Active Player

On my oldest toon the "Mastery One" weapon style is not saving on any armory after logging in and out, or switching characters. I use 2 handed and dual wield, with bow as the cross weapon that I combo into, and the style I pick for the bow, no matter how many times or ways I try imprinting onto an armory never persists after reloading the character.
  15. Napoleon Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  16. XBlue Well-Known Player

But this has nothing to do with the armory (and that's why the devs probably don't get the error).

Try the following:

- Save weapon style, materials, etc
    - Log out or go to the character selection screen
    - Now log in again and you will notice that weapon combo styles 1 and 2 have been reset to a different style.

AND NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT!

Now set the weapon style and the materials again and save them in the menu (NOT in the armory!).

Now just switch your armories and you will notice that the style remains even though you have NOT saved it to the armory again.

Conclusion: The problem is not related to the armory, but it is due to the fact that the style is reset when the character logs off or switches to a different style (which is always the same).

However, this remains in the Armory if you restore it after logging in and save it in the Design menu.
  17. Zamara Dedicated Player

I saw this on today's update, could it be a step towards fixing this bug after 8 years? or is it supposed to be the fix?
    Styles
    • Removing Lock and Unlock icon from Mastery One and Mastery Two. (These styles are never changed without doing so manually, so are by default always 'locked'.)
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That change is related but not specifically for this bug. It came about from working on fixing this bug.
    • Like x 3
  19. Zamara Dedicated Player

It being related it's still a good sign to see that you guys are still working on this :p
  20. ShadowBlade New Player

I'm experiencing the same error on my account with only one character, I can't keep the style after disconnecting, isn't there still a way to fix this?