Not A Bug Can't complete mission in Journal

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by AcidMagnet, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcidMagnet New Player

I finished my final round of 5 dailies for T.O. Morrow at Steelworks, then i completed the solo instance that came after and exited the building with T.O. Morrow. Now when i open my journal, I can see Breaking Steel at the top listed under 'Complete'. No matter how many times I press X (Complete), nothing happens and the quest remains. I am on PS4.
  2. AcidMagnet New Player

I just had the same thing happen with the quest "Make Them Mad". Another round of 5 dailies ending with a solo instance at Arkham Asylum.
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Not a bug.

For these missions, you need to select an item under the "Rewards" tab before you can hit "Complete".
    These gear sets are part of a style feat as well, so be careful not to choose a piece you have before!
    • Like x 4
  4. Mikeaal New Player

You are amazing and awesome! Thank you!
    • Like x 1
  5. olyverijus New Player

Hi, I can't complete some missions, what should I do? The complete button is somewhat transparent.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Usually this happens because you have to choose one of several possible rewards on that screen in your Journal.
    • Like x 2
  7. Glister New Player

If it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to suggest having this explicitly pointed out in the journal ("Select one of the rewards below to complete this mission", or something along those lines). I wasted a few minutes looking up what I thought was a problem only to end up feeling like an idiot for not realizing sooner that it was a multiple-choice option that required manual input, all because the gameplay experience up until that point hadn't taught me to expect that sort of game behavior to present itself in the way that it did in this case.

Cheers. :)
  8. Tommyspud New Player

PS4 - US
    Tommy_Caldios_II is the hero's name.
    Can't complete the missions, even though they say I can.
    Don't know how to fix.
    Restarted DCUO.
    Restarted PS4.
    Nothing worked.

I just did the mission normal and then backed out to last location, and nothing. I might've left when they were still talking but don't know why that would have been a factor.
  9. Beetleguise New Player

The lower tier mission "Make Them Mad" in Arkahm is bugged. You are required to complete 5 daily tasks to complete the mission. I have completed the 5 daily tasks. The green complete button appears in my journal but is transparent instead of solid like it normally is. When I click it I get a yellow message in chat that says "could not complete task" I have gone back to the TO morrow bot and recieved missions again thinking it may fix the glitch but it has not. Is there any kind of work around for this? Is there anything I can do in game to make this task complete? I was thinking of switchig to EU server but I can't recall if we have the same character there or if we have to make a new one so I haven't tried that.
    • Like x 1
  10. Beetleguise New Player

As long as this problem persists I will always have a mission in my journal that will not complete. It is also preventing me from getting a feat for doing "make them mad" 10 times. I feel like it's stange that I have to get upvotes for someone to help me with this or at least acknowledge the issue. This bug is more frustrating to me than other bugs because i have to be reminded of it every time i open my journal. I like clearing out the missions in my journal to keep it neat but now I can't. If you want screenshots of my journal I can provide that. I searched the bugs thread and did not come across others having this problem so i'm also curious as to what could have caused this. This is my long boring way of saying *Bump
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.