Fixed 'Cannot trade' Dark Multiverse Time Capsule Collections Rewards and Starfield Window base item

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Nov 14, 2019.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Any chance for a fix for this? Usually TC collection rewards are tradeable. Plus I was really looking forward to farming the base item but I can't even trade it to another toon.
    • Like x 4
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Damn. I haven't had my coffee yet...
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

I think it already happened with a capsule before and got fixed, but we will see if we can get an official response, though.
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i wish we could apply the cosmic skins to isis and teekle so we could have little cosmic kitties running around our base.
    • Like x 7
  5. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I logged in JUST to give this a thumbs up. I would love being able to apply materials to base things be it pets or furniture or the base theme itself.
    • Like x 2
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

walls, floors and ceilings.

instead of having to lay down a dozen grass patches to cover a floor that has those overlapping shadows it would be awesome if we could just apply "snow", "grass and dirt", "water", "fog" etc. to an entire area.

this would be most useful in larger league halls.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

To be honest with you I'm glad they arent tradeable. Maybe itll cut back on such ridiculous pricing on brokers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

So you're cutting off the chance for someone that doesn't have a lot of money to get a lucky drop and then sell it for a lot of money? Why do you want to keep poor players poor?

Yeah, so the last part was played over the top for laughs, but having fewer items in the flow of commerce won't help with the inflationary numbers. In fact, the more big ticket items are put up, the more broker fees are paid into and that cash is just gone. That helps inflation. It also does limit some early adopters for getting on after reset and selling items for a lot more than they might be able to get later, especially if they hustle /trade and don't have to pay the fees.
    • Like x 2
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

What planet are you from where that logic holds any water?

What do you think will happen to the collection prices instead?
    • Like x 5
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Is it the sme for the Neon material ? I've opened 15 boxes and haven't seen it on the Auction house so I was wondering if it was messed up too or the drop rates are just as bad.
  11. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

No, neon chromas are on broker, I've seen two boxes. But expensive as hell at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will get these fixed and tradeable.
    • Like x 5
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Thank you! :)
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Well if you cant trade the items then theres no chance or inflated prices. Because nobody could sale em. How it should of been from get go. TC items should of been account bound, but nope let's just create loot boxes and allow ppl to sale for 100-900 million in game cash.
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yes because anyone on this forum cares about the smaller guys. No yall want it tradeable to sale items for 200-900mil a pop. But that's ok though right? Wonder why people dislike capsules and how they're handled.
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

Thanks for answering, but you’ve completely ignored my question about what would happen to collection prices were the rewards to remain untradeable.

The only problem with time capsule rewards is the feats. I’ve no issue with them being tradeable, what forces the prices is up is the feats. The feats create an artificial desirability that would not otherwise be there. The whole thing is a con.

Contrast the demand/price for the neon chroma compared to la mort accessory, power of zeus, zeus orbital, or any of the other comparables. It is the feats. Daybreak are shameless. They are able to think through how to manipulate players into spending more money, but they don’t even set the items up correctly so they can be traded. Desperate and greedy.
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

Some might have a short-sighted view, but I can assure you I do not. I think for simple, non-essential items (like video game items) a classical, free-market system is the best system to deal with distribution of items of limited availability. "A rising tide lifts all boats" and all that. I want all of the "smaller guys" to become the "bigger guys".

In a system where items are not tradeable, whatever you get from the RNG time caps gods is what you get. Have a nice day, come again. This is what you seem to be advocating by wanting items not to be traded.

In a system in which items can be traded, and one with currency instead of a straight-barter system, things become much easier to become portable and gives you access to the opportunity to acquire items that weren't blessed on you by RNG.

The very, very fundamental principle of the market is Person A has something Person B wants, and Person B has something Person A wants. They agree to terms, either through direct negotiation or via the broker, and the items are exchanged.

The starting point is to get something that someone wants. A lot of people start small time, gathering exo-materials or other random drops. You sell those, you start to build a little bit of bank. Sure, it's 100k here, 100k here...nothing like the 200 million rares. But what happens if, say, you get a style item like a Chroma that you don't want? Let's say, for some reason, the RNG has blessed you with a double. What, then? Do you just delete it and move on? Nope...you get to sell that to someone that has something that YOU want...CASH. How you use that cash is up to you. Once you get a sufficient pile, a lot of people start flipping low-to-mid tier rares in order to increase their bank. It takes patience, it takes learning the mechanics of the market, and it takes keeping your eye on the endgoal of having enough cash to get what you want from those that do have it.

We can talk about the drop rates of certain items affecting supply, or the feats attached increasing demand as compounding factors on the price of some of these items...but the fundamentals are sound. Having more items to trade increases your ability to participate in commerce and get the items you want without the need of strictly relying on RNG.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For clarification, the base item is not intended to be tradeable. The collections are.
  19. Eve YouTuber

It's a shame, I wanted to make a base full of those. Can it at least be account bound?
    • Like x 5
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

Will it at least be account bound?
    • Like x 3