Up-Votes Needed Cannot collect business face style

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Mr.W, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Mr.W Committed Player

I recently got a gear face piece with the style, yet no matter no matter how many times I put it on or off it will not say collected.

The name of the gear piece is engineer's assault specs.
    • Like x 11
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Try this:

1. Go to your ORIGINAL HQ (Watchtower if a Hero, Hall of Doom if a Villain.)

2. Go to the BASIC STYLE VENDORS that have the Character Creation Styles (In the Watchtower, they're all the way down in the Basement/War Room. In the Hall of Doom, they're in the large, circular main room, spread out along the "Race Track" main path.)

3. Find the Vending Machine that has the Face Styles.

4. Spend a negligible amount of in-game cash to BUY the Business Face Style.

5. Enjoy!
  3. Comatosed1 New Player

This is weird. I've been having the same issue. I get an item that has the business style and I equip it to get the style but it still says I don't get the style. I look and I have the style. I just went to the Watchtower to buy the style piece and get it that way and the piece says I have the style.

I'll have to see the next time I get an item as loot if it says I have it or not.
    • Like x 4
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'll have to try this on a character that doesn't have it.
  5. mdharlem Active Player

I had the same experience on atoon that already had the business style. Loot dropped that showed Business as green, meaning I didn't own it when I did. I equipped the gear multiple times and the status on the gear was still green and showing as not collected.
    • Like x 1
  6. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Good thing I noticed this thread. I was about to open a new one about same bug:

It looks like 280 CR Engineer Face does not show current status (already collected / not collected) of Business style.

Here is 291 CR Engineer face gear (blue) from Flashpoint DLC:
    [IMG]

And here is 280 CR Engineer face gear (blue) which I got from a Save the Universe content:
    [IMG]

What I think is this ^ (280 CR version) is some kind of coding error that it doesnt show or update itself even if face style is already collected.
    • Like x 2
  7. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

yep I think it's a dev oversight as well....
    something like
    compare:
    style (nameofstyle)
    playerstyledb(nameofstyle)

and since they aren't exactly the same name in the coding - it still shows green to us
    or something along those lines...
    • Like x 1
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

Hey, I finally had time to check on that toon again & it unfortunately appears that the business face isn't in those vendors :(
    • Like x 1
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Allow myself to orient... yourself!

1. Go to the Watchtower.

2. Travel down to the War Room (The Basement Level all the way down with the Sparring Targets.)

3. When you enter the door to the War Room, go down the ramp on your RIGHT.

4. When you reach the bottom of the ramp, continue straight ahead PAST the circular sparring area, to the Styles Vending Machine in the corner, seen here:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

5. For whatever reason, the styles in the Vending Machine are NOT listed in Alphabetical Order, but rather by Type and Price. Look again, look harder:

[IMG]

6. It's $43. Go buy it, and unlock it for other characters in Style Unlocking for 1 Replay Badge each if it's just too much trouble to take them all to the vending machine. ;)

Now you know... AND KNOWING'S HALF THE BATTLE! ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Designated Well-Known Player

Already have the business style, but the 280 business face gear, says still have to be collected.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yep, ongoing issue. I haven't had that Face come to me in a drop yet, so in the meantime, follow my directions above to go buy the Style Only version of it, and after redeeming it, see whether or not it shows the style as Already Collected. That will give the Devs more info as they investigate this bug.
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

Thanks I never noticed a vendor that far back before lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Shadow Guard New Player

IM UNABLE TO COLLECT THE BUISNESS STYLE FACE PIECE I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG THAT HAS BEEN PRESENT FOR YEARS.
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Please read through this entire thread again, follow the directions I posted above (complete with screenshots) about where to find and buy the Business Face Style for only $43 of in-game cash, try that, and see if that works. Then come back and let us know.

P.S. Turn OFF your CAPS LOCK! :p