Canary Cry Renosonce

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Is it me or the Canary Cry renosonce are pretty bad drop rates? I've been running the solo and alert trying to finish up the op legs. One my characters I have 4 on one, 5 one one, 7/8 on another, and 15 on my main. It seems like either every other day or every two days days maybe 1 or 2 characters may get them.

I don't play the broker game, so I don't have billions to spend. They cost somewhere between 15-20 mill for one, I'm not that rich, nor care too for in game cash. Nothing to really spend it on.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, you could spend it on Canary Cry...but yeah. The drop rate is rather low. I bought my last ten or so.
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Seems to happen in waves for me. League life helps since we feed people that haven't finished theirs but like 3 days ago, I got 3 in the alert alone on my main. Some weeks I'll get maybe 15 of them between 2 characters and some weeks I'll get 2 between them. Other teammates seem to have the same scenario. Dry as can be then a flood for a minute.
    • Like x 1
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

The drop rates are horrible but I'm sure intended also for me during the triple lex coin week I didn't get ANY on my three toons lol lol . When the event was over I started to get them.

I just don't think about it and just keep playing I'm not playing the broker Game if I do sale what I have I'll be rich but I need them to finish my op leggys.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's always a rare catalyst for each episode's Augments/OP piece. Canary Cry is the rare catalyst for this episode.
  6. Jackster Developer

I'll be honest - I run into the same problems!
    • Like x 7
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I try to run the solo daily on 4 toons. I've had days where one toon will get 2 CCrys and a ORCL motherboard and another (or the other 3) will get zilch. Runs hot and cold, just like every other drop....until you finish the legs and the price drops. Then you will get one every run like I get Dark Electrium now EVERY time I run the speedster solo....got 100s built up and they are next to worthless but I was buying them 2 mil a pop when I was leveling my head mods.

RNGsus is a cruel god.
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

Try buying some stabilizers and then listing the contents of the time capsules you open on the broker.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Running 4 toons I was able to able to get enough canaries pretty quickly. However it’s inconsistent for sure. One week I ended up getting 6 one day 7 on 2 days, 5 on 2 days, and 4 on 2 days. This felt like I fit a gold mine. 38 in a week was incredible. But than other times I have maybe 1-3 for the week. So rngesus can be good or cruel.

Right now I’m hoping the next dlc has the same op item set up and not collections since I find this way to be better overall. I leveled up an additional toon for a total of 5 toons that are ready for the next dlc and 1 that is a few cr away from being ready. So 5 are ready and a 6th is on the way lol.
  10. Controller Devoted Player

Alts, Alts, Alts - as others here have said.

My BEST day was on my Water Dps getting THREE in one day (2 from the Solo, 1 from the Alert), getting TWO on my main (1 Solo, 1 Alert) and then getting 1 on my Ice Dps.

Other than that I've averaged 1-3 per week on all three toons.

I still prefer this system, though - other than the other systems in the past for getting the OP gear.
  11. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

It is ridiculous. I've run the alert and solo every pretty much everyday since it launched. With the bonus weeks, I was able to level up an alt so I can now run 2 per day, and still I'm 9 short. Also, I just got the enough of the other component from the open world missions, so finally I can drop those. I know it's an MMO, and tedious, redundant tasks are a part of the whole thing, but farming an episode 3-4 months after a release just sks. And basically being forced to play two characters to do it also sks. I'd much rather spend the time working on back-content feats I missed (like I used to). They should set the drop / chance rate to correspond with completion timing that would end right about the same time as the 3X marks week. That feels much more reasonable. Oh, and that's completing WITHOUT using alts.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]

I do prefer this system, though. I can choose when to buy it out at a more granular level than having the binary choice of dropping 200 million on a collection or 50 million on some drops. It'd be nice if they were slightly more balanced, though. I suppose the one good thing about the prices being stable for so long is I've nearly made back everything I spent.
    • Like x 2
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Did three runs of the solo daily for the past few weeks. Sold ten or so. RNG is a biat ch :)
  14. Controller Devoted Player

My Friend I have NOT seen that lady in quite a while.:D
    • Like x 1
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

It’s simple, you either:
    a) put the work in to get alts to end game and then the work in to spam the relevant content with them
    b) put the work in to get good at making money and buy them on the secondary market
    c) have a generous benefactor
    d) buy things for real money, sell them, and use the proceeds to buy resonances
    d) wait a long time to get the resonances

It’s kind of like real life, really. I know it’s a game, but there are always going to be haves and have-nots. If you choose e), you’re choosing to be a have-not.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Funny....you 'have not' an 'e' choice....irony.

However...most everyone does like double D's.
    • Like x 1
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

It did originally but I messed up editing!

Yeah, double Ds, I’ve dedicated whole weekends of my life to them.
    • Like x 1
  18. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I'd be pretty certain that the drop rate for Canaries has lowered since BoP was released, whether intended or not. Seemed to happen when the mega caps were introduced. When I was on the final push to open the OP legs the other week and needed only 2 more, I bit the bullet and ended up replaying Fire and Brimstone 8 times to get zero Canaries - felt like a serious waste of replays, time, and energy.

In all honesty though, I ran Lex Tower one last time that day with my remaining replay points and got... 2 canaries. So go figure.
  19. Berza Committed Player

Canary's Cry doesn't drop on FB or CT. Only on Lex Tower and VMF. The description of the catalysts says it. sts
    • Like x 2
  20. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Well that told observant me then lol.
    • Like x 1