Can we talk about how this game offers no e-mail/app authenticator?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

In 2021 and almost 2022, and DCUO still do not offer a way to protect our account with 2fa solutions, be it an e-mail that will be sent to you with a code to authenticate you or a qrcode to scan and add your seed key to your favourite auth app.

Come on, login and password is not a secure method to protect your account since years ago.

Their physical auth sucks and is not availabile worldwide, and SMS auth is not secure because of SIMswap.

Please, let us use apps or e-mail verification.
    • Like x 2
  2. C3alix Committed Player

PSN player's DCUO accounts are linked to there PSN accounts, and you can two-step them.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Imagine being the kind of person who assumes everyone only plays on Playstation.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The bulk of US and EU servers are PS players.
    • Like x 5
  5. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Well, Im not PS, so it a problem for me and others who are not in PS.
    • Like x 1
  6. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Agree. 2-factor should be an absolute necessity in this day and age, if I had my way it would be illegal to log in to ANYTHING online without it.
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

Surprisingly they still dont have it but *knock on wood* Ive also never heard anyone talk about being hacked in their DCUO game. Even so, DCUo is on Steam and they have 2 factor. Its rare, depending on how long a player has been playing, to have the game directly downloaded from the website instead of Steam
  8. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

You still have to log in with your daybreak account in the client downloaded from Steam. The only difference is that you downloaded it from Steam and it has Steam wallet to purchase DG Cash.
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

You know, i still dont see any option to purchase DG Cash with the steam wallet lol but yeah we def should have 2FA but I guess anyone who plays DCUO and wants to hack an account doesnt see the merit or win to it lol the only hackers and cheaters that dont plague the game haha
  10. Chipeurz New Player

why would it? its a GAME. its not your bank account, nor your paypal, nor your gov email address. its a GAME. do you really think anyone would bother, take their time, use enormous resources just to hack into your account and queue for some raids? some of you guys really take yourself way too seriously. btw, if you haven’t noticed, its a GAME