Can we stop using excuses

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TraylacktheOriginal, Feb 13, 2021.

1. BƖack Dedicated Player

Sorry but i disagree with you. Pvp needs a lot more to actually make it fun again. I play as a healer for a reason, i'm enjoying healing and if they would get rid of roles in pvp that would screw many people who do actually play and enjoy mainly roles. Honestly that would be very bad move. Imo they need to bring back RPS mechanics and Immunity too. I honestly miss so much RPS and farming immunities in pvp... Many people do a glich with block into lunge to avoid blockbreaks these days, they hoenstly need to get rid of this glitch because that made blockbreaking completely useless. What we also need is some rewards in pvp and especially new pvp gear... The way pvp is right now is worse than terrible... it is broken, it is full of glitches, it is not rewarding and completely not worth playing.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This right here, IMO, is the biggest reason you will never see PVP rise again. They are either unable or unwilling to stop glitching/hacks so PVP can always be 'broken' no matter how much time and effort they put into it WITHOUT fixing the glitches/hacks first. No matter how much ballance or revamp is done, some guy throwing 2000 hits per min is going to win....and that's not fun.

Now....it COULD be fixed in other platforms where hacking is not possible, but as US PC/PS is the biggest community, I'd guess if that's excluded, so is Xbox/Switch.
  3. Scytthe Well-Known Player

What a very stupid idea, make everyone dps are you even serious?
    Healers are not unkillable, have you heard about debuffs, team focus? Not a single half decent team would focus a tank because its not important to focus them and it mâles no sense strategy wise.
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Debuffs barely work if they ever work at all in pvp cause tanks can just break out or use a trinket break out ,that combined with arts and an atomic tank is literally invincible, my guess is you play pvp as either a tank or healer and don't want to lose your advantage. Making everyone dps is not a stupid idea at all, look at most fighting games like injustice, mortal kombat etc theres no roles just damage and the fights are fair.
  5. Control Creed Well-Known Player

"Breaking out" of a debuff doesn't even make sense... do you mean a control effect?

Most pvp games have a locked loadout and many have roles Overwatch is probably the most popular one and locked set loadouts to make balancing easier for Devs and DO have roles... I'm not sure you meant to imply you can remove a healing / defense debuff with a breakout but... you can't. You can break out of a control effect but, not sure what you are getting at there.
  6. Solarbound Committed Player

I get so tired of reading through threads like this. Because half the time it consists of players or members of the forums who claim to not care about PVP whatsoever. A collection of two cents that doesn't help the situation or simply isn't needed as neither with such opinions are a part of that target audience.

Why isn't more being done to change the dynamic to deliver this game's fullest potential? I don't want to hear these excuses of how it takes away from PVE development, there's no monetization behind it (as players have been scammed enough already), or not enough players in the community care about it because that's all BS.

It's a complete joke that just about everyone I see in here would rather settle for this kind of complacency. So, just weed the PVP audience out as if they never mattered? That's what we're doing? "Oh yeah, as long as we get our new elite raids, new artifacts to beat those raids, and loot boxes that continue to milk our pockets for new shiny cosmetics that make us look cooler than we really are while we're in those raids, this game is in perfect shape and no one else matters."

Reiterate to me again how applying effort towards PVP development hurts those of you that dread PVP so much. Last I checked it never really did to a significant extent. It's been a part of the game since day one. The game was in a much healthier state when PVP was properly maintained. Mind you, it was PVPers who helped to popularize this game when it all first started. Yet, this is the thanks we get? Yeah, okay.

The outcry for this has been going for too long. Stop with the PVE elitist attitudes and quit thinking of only yourselves for once. This COMMUNITY goes well beyond your circle. A proper update for PVP is well overdue and it's needed more than you all realize. Continuing to ignore that does nothing but further harm this game's truest potential.
    • Like x 3
  7. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Daybreak and Mepps are laughing at us, don't even know if they understand that PvP fixed will make this game much better and MUCH HEALTHIER and bring back many players aswell as bring them MUCH more money.

They are laughing at us very hard, and they are very thankfull for the old time Pve/PvP players that spent so much money on this game.

Yeah they don't care at all is all i can say.

Day one player btw 11 january 2011, thank you Daybreak for not considering pvp and your community at all.