Can we please have an update on The Weapon Tree Stats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by majosea, Nov 26, 2015.

1. majosea Dedicated Player

Hi, Today I was looking at the Weapon Tree Stats, and I happened to notice that it's fairly outdated.
    It's still supported towards Weapon Mastery, and Since Advanced Mechanics have come out, Weapon Mastery has been quite irrevalant to the game for the most part.

So I was wondering could we get the stats better updated to the Advanced Mechanics?

Here are the following benefits I can think of:
    1) Support roles!
    Support roles have been confirmed by the developers to get benefits from using the Advanced Mechanic damage boost, so if they switch the tree's around this will better benefit those who like that kinda playstyle.
    2) The stats have yet to be updated since GU 36:
    Sure Weapon combos have been confirmed to be buffed, but WM isn't looking to be included in that buff list, with that being said AMs would be the go to route for SP to be Spec'd.

IF you have any ideas, list them below, and TY for reading.
    • Like x 4
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Do it!
    • Like x 1
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I'm still 100% all for having all of the stat gains in the weapon trees gutted out and put into a new tree (or rather, format), where the only things in the weapon trees are WM and combos, and all the innate stat gains are elsewhere. Streamlining that will make SP gains much more appealing, especially to new players.
    • Like x 1
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

Not all Support Players will benefit from AM being available (Fire Tanking uses almost none of them). WM needs to be re-buffed and power regeneration needs to be tweaked so not everyone is using Brawling.
    • Like x 1
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Fire tanks can use flame cascade quite well and get good damage. And since it's an incredible juggle it works quite well

7. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

You do not need to spec WM to get that bottom row.
  8. Veritasum Loyal Player

Since you do not need to spec into WM to get to the bottom row, I'm not sure what we would gain from your suggestions. I think so far only Quantum gets full damage from AM in support role, but AM for trolls achieves no trolling except for a stun. So it'd be more of changing what powers do in that case.

If we're talking about changing the entire SP system to keep them significant as your CR increases, then that'd be cool. The how I don't know.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  10. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Don't do that. We don't need more damage and stats on top of AM, AM is completely OP already. Instead, bring WM back to par with AMs and have the player select at the respec terminal whether to ge the AM bonuses or WM bonuses so the boni of both don't add up while both become a viable way to play at top level again. We need more options, more diversity in player loadouts and game approaches, not more bonus points that forces the cookie cutter one form for all even more on players. The "elitists" may not have read it, but within this week a couple of potential new players took the effort to visit the forum and explain a bit why character customization isn't appealing to them - and AM makes customization worse, as the choice to go weapon or power heavy with your toon is just no choice ATM (do AM/powers or suck - no choice!).

This is a superhero and villain themed game, so it needs lots of room for individuality, maybe even up to the point of signature moves. we don't need a rolling Orc army here.
    • Like x 2
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

o_Oorc army? i didn't realize i was playing wow again...
  12. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

Not everyone uses brawling. Just the people that can't manage their power. I only use Brawling on Troll. Two handed at that even. Tank I use bow. Healer I use bow. Just my preference.
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

WM is for BAD Trollers imo.
    They're like nature healing with bug form, Only made because some people can't work with regular weapons.

I can troll just fine with Handblasters, bow, or any other weapon.
    If you purely rely on Brawling, then your skills.

I can't tell you how many bad trollers have left my power bar to dry, because they're more focused on WM bursting than keeping an eye on my power bar, or stunning the adds.

Thus the group ends up being in trouble.
    Also WM has been dead for a while.
    Exactly, Brawling to me is like training wheels, take them off, and manage the groups power- you know you're a good troller.

Quantum gets full damage yes.
    But wait a minute, weren't there a bunch of threads on the forums cramming up about "Support Roles not doing enough damage?"
    Yes there was..
    So obviously this would do something for those players and those threads.
    Yes but with WM not being needed, and almost completely forgotten why do we even need a Bottom row? I remember before GU 36, You could get 15+ might, 10+ precision without having to spec that high, there's no excuse for them not to do this.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

So,people complaining about WM now who was it that made several threads about remaking or Buffing up WM to make the dmg same as the am? man i forgot his name :p.
  15. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I think what they should do is to reshape the weapons and weapons of attacks add the styles of the characters iconic legends as an option to "buy" with skill points!
    Perhaps a fifth row or something like that!
    Gun huntress;
    Eye ray super man;
    Bats Batman;
    Etc.
    Thus give new meaning to the skill points that not only statistics!
    Another thing is the change of statistics for percentage!
  16. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  17. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Can you tell me why not?o_O
    In my case it is one of the things that I dream more in this game!
    I'd love to be able to exchange the punch by Superman Ray!
    Among other things!:rolleyes:
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

then just ask the iconic's to be change, or make another iconic tree, that requires SP that would be something different ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I do not think you understood my post ...
    Because it was exactly what I said ...
    Buy skills with skill points ... (SP) ...:confused:
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

well what i am saying is make a whole different tree, Have more iconic moves that way :D
    • Like x 1