Can we please give power to Support role Stats?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So... I was on test server spec'ing and gearing up trying to learn how to troll, starting out with gadgets and what not etc. And one thing that really threw me off was the fact that Power was attached to just Might.

From what I know from other controllers out there is that Power Plays just as vital of a role as vitalization does for controllers, they're pretty much linked and yet.. If I want to get any additional power I need to spec into might which is very inconvenient.

Let me put it in perspective: Controllers are meant to give power, debuff, and regenerate power through use of weapon combos. Yet If I can only get power through might, that makes things incoinvenient for me because I'll miss out on either some vitalization dom or extra weapon damage.
    Trollers, Healers, and Tanks, these guys should have the power stat added to them; they heavily use their powers and a good amount of players I see really don't focus too much on damage, so might pretty much becomes useless for support roles.

So please consider giving the Power Stat to Restoration, Vitalization, Health, and Dom.
    • Like x 9
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

+1, I've been saying this for about the past week. Not fair to DPS that can get both power and might without having to worry about split speccing while support does. Yes there's split mods that give a lot of power, but in order to be fully efficient at trolling you need to spec into both power and use split mods. You should be fully efficient doing just one of those, not both. Doesn't leave room to try anything extra.

On that note though, they need to make it so the percentage buffs don't stack with multiple stat innates, or else were gonna have an issue with too much power available to spec.
    • Like x 2
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

This would help support roles soooooo much! I have been saying this since before it was done for might. Felt extremely cheated when I saw it happened for dps and not support.
    • Like x 3
  4. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Only DPS role can play from the tray. Support roles should not to spam abilities like crazy. In addition, nothing prevents you from learning Power\Might and get a bonus to power pool.
    • Like x 1
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Why should supporters not be able to PFT or just use a lot of powers? That distinction is just arbitrary. Especially considering the 300 cost Power dumps that leave absolutely no room for trolls to do anything other than dump every 2 seconds. No reason for supporters not to get Power if DPS get 2-for-1 with Might.
    • Like x 2
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I guess combo powers didn't cross your mind huh? Atomic tank for example is nothing but pftt with a tiny power pool. You want an atomic tank to sacrifice main stats to be more power efficient, but dps couldn't do that? Look at Celestial healing, you know how power hungry that is, or how clip heavy that is? Did you know clipping wrecks your power bar? I'm sure HL troll has similar problems as Celestial, but since I haven't tested it I won't comment directly on that. Support stats deserve power in their main stats just as much as the pew pew happy dps do...
    • Like x 1
  7. Cyro Committed Player

I think we should stop looking at alternatives to a simple solution. Fix trolls.
    • Like x 8
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Agreed trolls need a serious rework, but combo powers (in support stance) are still pftt (for the most part) and clip heavy so they do need an increase to power pool.
  9. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

PftT and combo are not the same thing. Heavy clipping in support role it is a sign that a player just noob that thoughtlessly trying to spam abilities till he dry out of power.

[IMG]
  10. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

How is a combo power such as atomic (in tank stance) not pftt? You don't use weapon combos, you continuously rotate between two combos popping PR, immunity, and density as needed. I'm also gonna guess you've never used Celestial as a healing power either..Clipping CS to AcB back to CS isn't uncommon especially in scenarios such as high rounds SM. Clipping AcB to DL is just damn normal to do..Who really sits there waiting for animations to play all the way out if it can be clipped? Clipping animations in general is common for combo powers, hell its common in dps stance too not just support..Hell tbh its not uncommon for non combo powers in support stance to clip. Ice clips frost snipe with shields refreshing aggro but that's bad too huh? Trolls clip debuffs to instant power, but that's unacceptable as well I guess...
    • Like x 2
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Can they make it where in Support stance, when you spec into a necessary stat you're also getting Power. Since DPS have Might/Power, Trolls can get Vit/Power, Healers can get Resto/Power, Tanks Dom/Power?
    • Like x 3
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Health/Power too since some tanks focus more health ;)
  13. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

And in the end we get infinite power pool, immortal healers in PvP and spam fest like with AMs. Although if you take into account that all support roles has a common stat - Dom, then Dom\Power will be good decision for all support roles.
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

nothing caps cant fix , its not like its new ... my characters health is capped even in pve open world newest dlc ...

btw there are 3 play styles and if u dont use the weapon its 100% pftT ,yes comboing is pftT now
    • Like x 1
  15. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

PftT it's PftT, Combo it's Combo. You can use the combo after the weapon, so to equate the combo to the PftT in the root is not correct.
    For example: weapon combo into Outrage combo not make Outrage PftT.
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

1. I wasn't asking you.
    2. There is no infinite power pool. I'm asking for a stat change for specific roles. DPS only get power from Might, Healers only get Power from Resto, Controllers only get Power from Vit, etc
    3. Not all Healers spec into Dom.
    • Like x 2
  17. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

• Like x 1
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This right here!!! This entire power situation has been blown way out of proportion and the real issues have been avoided long enough. We can keep beating our heads off the wall or we can just fix the real issues which are power costs, scaling and lack of power given by trolls.

Why is it so hard to see the real issues here and fix them???
    • Like x 6
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

that would mean if i use weapon combo into mass terror that wouldnt be PffT aswell, nothing new here we know that but if u choose t use outrage combo into another ability is kind of pffT but with a higher use of power since the step between the combo cost power aswell so its beyond pffT and the closest definition would be pffT, other 2 play styles are far away to be even mentioned.
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

u can not fix if devs dont want to touch that issue no matter how many of us runing against a wall and that is clear by now after so many updates, all we can do is try to convince devs to twist on other spots LOL