Can We Let Things Go Live Before Trying to get it Nerfed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Light Bender92, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

This is message is to my fellow community members. I wanna start off by saying this post isn’t meant to offend or attack anyone, just my thoughts on the matter. (TL;DR at bottom of post.)

I just finished playing the new alert on test and my initial impression was that it’s really fun. There’s a good bit of mechanics that make it interesting but not too difficult to where it isn’t easily beaten. My group’s CR ranged from 278-281 so not fully geared in terms of the current DLC. We beat the alert with not too much effort and at the end I can gladly say that I was both impressed with the various mechanics as well as engaged for the entirety of the instance. However, I was kind of surprised by the feedback given by a couple of testers.

I won’t go into detail about every single piece of feedback but pretty much the overall theme was that the alert felt “too long” or had “too much” going on or simply had adds with too much health etc etc. The reason this surprised me was because to be completely honest, the alert wasn’t difficult at all. I mean sure you couldn’t fly through it, but it was engaging and was one of the better alerts (IMO) that they’ve produced in a while. That being said I completely understand the sentiments I just want to make sure we aren’t making the game TOO easy for the sake of “pug” groups. What some of you guys have to remember is that you don’t speak for the entire community, and to me when someone calls to tone down an instance (that in this case is relatively easy) to make it more accessible to pugs, it just comes off as though you’re insinuating that pugs can’t get through and learn simple mechanics.

This alert for me was an example of how fun DCUO can really be when enough love is poured into by the devs. All I’m suggesting is that before we’re quick to tell the devs to tone it down, let’s focus on the bugs and really outlandish things and then get it live. If it’s too hard the overall community will make it obvious (looking at you Origin Crisis lol) and the devs can always tone down the instances, but once that nerf hammer is slammed there’s almost no chance the devs will increase the difficulty even if people ask for it. Just my 2 cents.

TL;DR: The new alert is pretty fun and mechanic heavy (in a good way). Some have proposed to tone it down preemptively because it’s too “difficult.” I want it to hit live first and then let the community decide whether it’s too hard to beat and whether or not the devs should make adjustments.
    • Like x 5
  2. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Should be moved to the testing feedback thread.
    • Like x 3
  3. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Nah, I put it in general because this piece of content brought the idea to mind but this goes for any future content as well.
    • Like x 2
  4. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

And any future content would be on test server as well, where the difficulty etc. is decided by your testing peers and the developers, not the general public here.
    • Like x 3
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I was watching videos of the alert from different ppl, and in none of the videos I watched did people struggle. Sad part about all of it is, it's a new DLC. The alert shouldn't be a cakewalk in 1st week. People always reference OC but the 1 thing that DLC did right was difficulty. It made players start small then work their way up.
    • Like x 2
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

I watched a video and I didn't like all the knock backs and stuns. I like melee dps. The Bane and the 1st boss in BB is really annoying because of all the stuns
    • Like x 1
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

I'll echo this as well. Anything pertaining to items on Test Server, needs to be in Test Server when regarding feedback. General chat serves no purpose when trying to convey feedback since those Developers looking for it arent going to see it. And of course double posting is against the TOS. I understand your sentiment but its placed in the wrong section and again, anything on Test server needs to be discussed in the Testing Section, not in Gen Chat.
    • Like x 2
  9. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Can Mepps take the original post and make it a comment in one of the existing threads? I've seen him move threads but never change formats.
    • Like x 1
  10. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Again I disagree. This instance brought the concept to my attention but my sentiment is in regards to content in general, i.e. we shouldn’t try to have content nerfed before it even hits live. Only on DC’s forums can I make a post voicing an opinion about something and instead of getting feedback I get nitpicking about the placement of the post.... lol. It’s not that serious. Besides, why would I post this in testing if I’m not giving definitive feedback about the content just making a general sentiment about the entirety of the game BASED on my experience that just so happens to be from this alert. Especially when general usually gets more tragic that the test forums.
    • Like x 3
  11. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Yeah I agree, the pushbacks can be toned down but that’s just annoying more than anything. And yeah you’re right, new content shouldn’t be a cakewalk upon release which is exactly why I made this post. I feel like this insistent desire to dumb the game down bad really gutted the game over the years. I don’t know if it’s ego or what (Hell you got somebody saying “the difficulty etc. is decided by your testing peers and the developers, not the general public here” which is mind boggling to me since only probably 1% of 1% of 1% of players are on test lol) but I just feel that if something is too difficult (like DWF was for example) then the community will make it known.
    • Like x 2
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I would agree with you if this were feedback on the content. The OP is clearly making an impassioned plea to the people providing feedback in a general way (even if he did site a specific instance, he makes it clear it's meant for all instances from here on out).

Edit: My statement above was made before reading the OP's response which pretty much echos the same thing. :)
    • Like x 2