Can we just outright buy feats already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SpicyMoonlight, Nov 22, 2016.

1. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

If not, can we somehow make the MP viable again?
    Not with Time Capsules...
    Can we put things on the MP {again} that will contribute to the overall fun factor?
    Styles?
    Legends?
    (Single) Auras?
    Random Toy Trinkets?

Also I vote that Legendary Folks should see a discount/sale/giveaway as a thank you for being loyal even through the rough times.
    • Like x 6
  2. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

No, it will never happen to buy feats, it's not fair if someone put the work into doing them and than someone else comes along and just throws money at it.
    • Like x 2
  3. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

No.

But if we could, I'm buying those Legends PvE grind feats. Believe that.
    • Like x 3
  4. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I wish the dropped styles would be able to get in some vendor. I need like 6 pieces for 4 different styles, and 2 months in.. nada.
    • Like x 1
  5. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

LOL, amen. those are the only ones I would let slide.
  6. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Like the elite styles once out of relevancy, please put these in vendor.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

LOL...truth.

On one monitor I'd be on the forums going, "This is absolutely ludicrous that we can buy Feats!!!!! What the hell Daybreak?!?!"

While on my second monitor I would have DCUO up buying every Legends PVE Feat. BUT I WOULDN'T BE HAPPY ABOUT IT!

Don't judge me...at least I admit it. :p
    • Like x 4
  8. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I'm talking about theme style sets ie: Military Tech/Astral Alloy/Raptor Tech.. While I get the piece I need, its just in another role.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This thread shows the people that read just title and not the actual OP.
    • Like x 5
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Make feats purchasable? We already have those to an extant. I would love to see some new styles in the MP, I still wear both Sheeda sets on my main. Legends is definitely long due for some new faces. I think we're ok on Auras they just need to step it up, Aura Pack II was not popular. I would purchase a Toy Trinket if it was useful in combat.
    • Like x 1
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Time capsules say "Hi".
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Fatal some of us can make the game funner that way.
  14. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Again, tethnically you don't have to buy them and you are not just buying the feat for it or else I would have just done that and not play the gambling game.
  15. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

So I take it that buying every feat you can so you can be super powerful and stand around in the HoD isn't a popular idea?
    {note the sarcasm}

This thread was intended to highlight the underused areas of the MP that should gain attention. Something less cash-grabby and that could possibly turn some profit.

Ehh, what do I know though.
  16. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

buy feats...no. game killer.
  17. jwdrinkwaterjr Active Player

I don't want to buy feats. I want to buy Marks. Having to actually run missions gets in the way of me flying around aimlessly snagging the occasional exobit. Then I would spend my Marks on styles and not the next gear tier.
  18. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

*laughs*

what does that have to do with anything.

You made the comment saying that folks will never be able to buy feats with money.

Now I know you were referring to the OP comment (which you didn't get the real intent behind by the way), but even if you take it at face value your response is worded very silly. The reason why is because they currently do let you by feats by buying time capsules.

Now I know you were referring to other feats but let's face it, they've already done part of it and any time anyone does such things it is a slippery slope. Does that mean I think they are going to do such things? No. Does it mean that it could eventually happen? Yes.
  19. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

20. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

You're right it's not the same. Just buying the feat itself would be cheaper because there would be no RNG attached to it.

What you originally said was they don't allow you to purchase feats, and they do... it just has RNG attached to it. One would argue allowing you to buy the feats outright would be more "honest" but that's too far subjective of an argument and its not one I think anyone can honestly argue from a non biased point about.

The fact that things exist the way we are is a slippery slope. This is fact. That doesn't mean it will end up one way or another. That's actually one of the few statements that are true about the time capsules.