Can we have. . .

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by tinoman, Jan 29, 2019.

1. tinoman Dedicated Player

Can we have a reduced replay feat weekend? I wanna purchase a bunch of feats on alts and it would be so cool. But, it’s just a question.
    • Like x 1
  2. L T Devoted Player

There's now so many feats, and so many skill points needed for a proper alt, that devs should really look at reducing the replay badges required to 1/2/3 on a permanent basis. Either that or they should give an extra 1,200 replay badges along with the skip token to either buy skill points or grind them out for the first time. And yes, that's a lot of replay badges, but if you do the math it doesn't buy that many skill points.
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

OR they can just start auto completing pvp and legends for the skill points. that should boot up the sp to maybe 100-105?
  4. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

5 badges for a 50 point feat, 3 for a 25 pointer, 1 for a ten pointer.
    I'll do some math, I like math :)

two * fifty point feats gives you a skill point. so, ten replay badges gives you a skill point.
    four * twenty five point feats gives you a skill point. so, 12 replays gives you a skill point.
    ten * ten point feats gives you a skill point. so, ten replays gives you a skill point.

1200 replay badges could net 120 sp... or it could net 100 sp, depending on which feats you chose to unlock.

Lowering the cost to 3/2/1 would make it look like this:
    3 badges for a 50 pointer, 2 for a 25 pointer, 1 for a ten pointer.
    two * fifty point feats gives you a skill point, so 6 replay badges nets you a skill point.
    four *twenty five point feats gives you a skill point, so 8 replay badges nets you a point.
    ten * ten point feats gives you a skill point, so 10 replay badges gives you a point.

in that scenario, 1200 replay badges could net you 200 sp... or it could net 100 sp, depending of which feats you unlock.

Handing out 100 to 120 to 200 free skill points isn't on the devs. If you want those points for an alt, go buy them yourself.
  5. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

I slightly disagree there about the legends feats completion.

Why would a peep that has never bought a legend toon, never ran a legend event, get the feats attached to those for free? There are peeps in this game (myself included) that have run legends LPVE so much that we have a pile of those feats, and many of us have all the legends characters unlocked. You want them? Grind them yourself, it just takes time :)

I don't PVP (i'm allergic) but I'm sure that there are peeps in this game that have done the grinding to unlock the PVP feats too. You want those? Feel free to grind them. It just takes time :)

Now, if you dislike those aspects of the game and don't want to run them, I understand. Just don't expect free stuff to come raining down from the sky just because you don't want to go out and get them. I personally loathe the Time Capsules. I refuse to open them, unless it's with a stabilizer I've farmed from the daily event. Should I automatically get every Time Capsule feat for free? I don't think so.

Short version:
    Do something, get rewarded. Do nothing, get nothing. Your choice :)
  6. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

^ this. This I have mixed feelings about.

I would like to see a weekend event where our replays counted for double. We have double currency events... replay badges are a currency too, right?

On the other hand... I know they make a pile of profit on the sales of replays, so they probably wouldn't do that.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

I don't mind making the game more usefriendly for alts, but one question comes to mind when I hear people make these statements: How much is considered "needed" to deem said alt "proper"?

Another question, depending on the amount one would deem necessary to reach on their alt is, how much of that should one expect to just outright unlock through Feat Unlocking as opposed to playing the actual game to achieve that goal?
  8. L T Devoted Player

In order for your skill points to be your CR (which is about what content is balanced around) you need 210 skill points when you skip to 210. You have to pay $45 and you don't get that currently. It IS in fact, on the devs. They're selling, in essence, a defective product.

Also, your math is fine but your reading comprehension needs a little work. I never suggested both.
  9. L T Devoted Player

Me too.
    • Like x 1
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

So perhaps with the "Skip to 210" token instead of giving you specific feats they give you enough replay badges to replay the feats you already own on another toon? That way you can replay up to 210 SP worth of feats that you already own. :)

The ones given to everyone because they're obsolete will still be given and won't need to be replayed, of course.
  11. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Thanks for the compliment on my math skills... my reading comprehension could use a little more tlc, sure... I was actually aware that your post did not suggest both. It said either lower it to 321 or to hand out a pile of replay badges. But, I got so wrapped up in doing the math (something I enjoy) that I chose to extrapolate both.

The part my reading comprehension missed was the free token part. Your post started with the 'proper alt' sentence. Making me believe your post was about 'alts' rather than the actual purchased character advance token for a new 'main'. Because if it was for a brand new character... replay badges aren't going to unlock anything. And I'm positive you and I both can agree that replaying content is no guarantee of getting a feat. Peeps that I know in game have run raids dozens of times and still don't have the "Four in a Row" feat from the current Atlantis DLC.
    Anyhooo… this isn't about 'word play' here... this is about skill points.

Regardless of whether the token is used for an 'alt' or a 'main', I believe you are correct in your assessment that the devs are selling a 'defective product'. My personal opinion is that the free token they handed out was a nice boost for an alt, not enough for a main, and free replay badges aren't the answer.
    • Like x 1
  12. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

That might work nice, yes.

But what if it was a brand new toon? They wouldn't have feats to unlock with replay badges. How would they get some?
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I think you get the point. They have to go back and earn them... if they want to be viable in CR-relevant content.
  14. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

That dudes thread from the other day spawned this. I approve.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Effectively a half price or discounted replay badge sale would be the same thing. I think what we need, are just more of these. There seems to be one a year if we're lucky.
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Good idea!
  17. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

I'd like to see something where it gives you an option to blanket unlock each level of feats using replays available. Similar to what the style tab offers (would cost be 8k badges to unlock all styles on my alt) but more granulated.

Double weekend sounds nice to of course, but c'mon, your cutting directly in to their coffers and that just aint gonna happen
  18. Brit Loyal Player

That may be the case. But I am certain there are other players like me who don't unlock their feats on alts because it just ends up being too expensive. If there were to be a significant discount, then my own spending on those unlocks would increase from nothing to quite a bit, given that I have 5 characters in the 200+ range CR, but with my main at 300SP and the rest floundering somewhere between 80-100. No way I'm going to spend the hundreds of dollars it requires right now, but with a discount, I may very well shore them up to make them a little more comfortable.