Can we have an AMA with devs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Kind of like the ones on reddit, this is because I'm really curious about their thoughts on their own raids they've made or like some things they've wanted to do with their raids.

For example Quixotic that has been around since like 2013, has done some really good raids over the years, I'm curious what's his favorite one so far? And from the ones they haven't done themselves what's their favorite?
    Or Millbarage why did he decided to use no movement mode on JLD Shattered Gotham and 31st Convergence of Unmaking, things like that.

Idk some more deeper information on their design like what parts have they made in the raids what are they not involved with.

What got them into DC, do they read comics or do they just like DC in general or they're more here for the love of game design. Etc!

Edit: Forgot to say for those that don't know AMA= Ask me anything
    • Like x 2
  2. KidKretz Committed Player

here's a burning question i have. i use a supercharge and i get cc'd. is this a hidden mechanic??? or do i have the worst timing in the world :p
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

What would actually be asked in an AMA:

"When are you going to fix the bugs?"

"Why is PvP abandoned?"

"Why don't you nerf this power I don't like?"

"Why don't you buff this power I like?"

"Can you just remove stat clamp so I can faceroll everything?"

"Will there be a name reclaim event because I am too stupid to come up with a new name?"
    • Like x 4
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

"Mepps, are heroes and villains born that way or are they a reflection of the exobytes they were exposed to, and if so, what does that say about free will?"

[IMG]
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pretty much this. Go to their live streams and you basically see those gets spammed
    • Like x 5
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I actually would love an introduction something. A thread maybe that they all posted in? Can be locked. A live stream with them talking about what they do? I don't know know, would love to know the devs. I ate that stuff up at SOE Live.
    • Like x 2
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You forgot “when’s next double art xp?”
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

I mean today is the livestream of the new episode.. maybe they will go into detail more about the raid design
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Second question is entirely legitimate.
  10. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

1) Soontm
    2) We can't resurect what is already dead:)
    3/4) What is a power?
    5) Sure, may as well speed hack too, the gameplay experience is about the same.
    6) Yes, never or maybe in your dreams.
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

I dont think an open AMA would happen, they would' HEAVILY vet the questions first. Any real hard ball questions are going to get shot down, mostly going to be softballs down center of the plate.

Anyone who deviates is going to find themselves looking for a new line of work.

Companies have 2 faces

The one they want you to see
    [IMG]

And the real one they want to hide.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

I think after they took down Ask DCUO from the official Discord Server, we won't see any type of Q&A any time soon.
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

The AMA wouldn't have to be live. They would post a thread where we ask questions then a week later or so they post a curated set of answers to questions they feel like they should or can answer.
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the main reason was cross-referencing wich was a pain to track for both players and devs. If this would be a thing directly on the forums it wouldnt be as confusing.

If that wasnt the reason, nvm.
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

I honestly don't know what was the reason, I just saw that it got removed :(