Can we get rid of the un-skipable cutscenes please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aqua Surge, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Earth 3 has a 2nd boss that you cannot skip cutscene. This annoys me because nobody reported that you cannot skip it. The other player doesn't want to talk to Lex so they can go to Earth 3 Gotham and kill all the adds while you're stuck in a freaking cutscene. This ain't saving you time. I'm stuck in a cutscene and still go to Earth 3 with adds still up. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, you still leave at the same time as the other player? What is the point in doing this then?

I'm not making fun of people but if I wasn't stuck in a cutscene and did that to you those adds would be dead. Like I said, you're not saving time at all. The cutscene should be skipable or both people should be watching the freaking thing.

This also annoys me because I want the XP that drops from the adds that are killed. It is random but I still want them to drop for me. Killing the adds alone takes this away from me and the other player(s).

This also annoys me for Amazon Fury III, one of the raids has a boss fight with adds and snakes. Guess what, 1 person is always stuck in a freaking cutscene.

Seriously, just get rid of this.
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm confused. Your upset because you wanted to sit thru the cut scene, and the other dude did not?.?.? WTF are you talking about?
    • Like x 6
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It is skipable lol
    • Like x 4
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

They should be skipped and people don't want to talk to lex. This makes me the one stuck in a cutscene. Even the weaker people don't talk to Lex and I am missing out on XP drops from the adds. Yes, this is annoying and has been going on the entire time. This is not cool.

I returned 3 days ago to learn of this crap.
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Only one person skips it by not talking to Lex. The Other person is stuck in a cutscene. It is not skip able.
  6. MC GreenLantern Active Player

You do know you both can leave right? You do not have to sit through that cut scene. Beat Alexander then go through the teleported it says optional. Problem solved I do it every time no issues.
    • Like x 9
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

You both can leave?
  8. MC GreenLantern Active Player

As far as the GoM final boss stay in the arena until the objective changes and you won't get stuck in that cut scene
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

Is it entirely skipable. Just turn around and go to the other portal. There is a reason the on-screen text says it is optional to talk to Lex.
  10. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I'll try that next time. Would it take me to Earth 3?
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Yes it would, with no cutscene to sit through, just the loading screen.
    • Like x 3
  12. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

This annoys me also, the devs should give an individual option to skip the cut scene if an unsuspecting player has already started it, i want to be able to move on to earth 3 while the other player enjoys the cut scene.
    • Like x 2
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I didn't know this, I thought we were forced to watch that every single time. Thank you.
  14. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I'm so used to having to talk to NPCs to progress to the next point that I often forget to ignore him and move on. I hate being stuck in that cutscene since it is very long. While it's optional whether to start the cutscene, I'd prefer there also be an option to skip it after it has started.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ekart Committed Player

Or you could just... i don't know... port to watchtower and go to the war room teleporter and get back in the instance. It's an operation after all.
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

So we should bow down to your demands and make cutscenes optional? That's taking away the Storyline Experience from players that enjoy it. I am one of the players that enjoy cutscenes.
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

Its skippable but if ur teammate is a newbie or an ******* u may stil need to watch the entire conversation...
  18. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I'm reliably informed FF14 recently made cutscenes unskippable (in group content at least). Apparantly new players were getting grief from group if they watched a full cutscene. So FF gave a big fu to the griefers. Who knew DC wasn't the only mmo with a 'toxic community'.

On balance, whereas it is annoying watching the same cutscene for 3 months on end, I'd rather new players were able to enjoy things the first time they run them.
    • Like x 2
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

i think the way how the longest cutszene was put into small group content and how they made it optional was awesome. in the next DLC, we will have similar in the solo instance. basicly: the bigger the group, the shorter the szenes should be...
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sorry, yes. Just beat him and run out of the room. :)