Can we get another setting option?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Where is the setting that says "Ignore instance invitations when I am in a group with other people"? How about the one that says "Ignore group invites only while I am in combat or an active instance"? Both of those should be default behavior. Those are the annoyances we complain about because the pop-ups for them must be answered before you can perform any other function.

What you are suggesting is that I should turn off all group invitations when I am in an instance and then have to remember to turn them off when I finish it... or that when I join a group I have to remember to turn off instance invitations and remember to turn them back on after I leave the group.
    • Like x 1
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

It wouldn't help for LFG invites, but adding a third option invites from friends/league members only would be a start. I suppose they could perhaps also allow recent tells or make that an additional option, but that may be harder to code.
  3. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Am I? How did you manage to highlight and reply to the one line in my post asking ppl to read posts and then directly acknowledge that you didnt read my post?

Look at the OPs line I directly quoted and then come back.
  4. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I read your post, and I turned on my ignore filter to ignore the part where you disregarded that a lot of the suggestions would improve quality of life without having to depend on the clunky system that currently exists.
    • Like x 1
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Actually I am quite happy with the responses to the thread. First of all unlike so many threads this has not degraded into a flame war between a couple of players with different opinions. And while I was just in game a bit ago and it ia possible to shut off group invites and still get an invite from a blind que. That does not solve the whole issue... As I explained I do que up for missions while doing daily solo content but I am also watching the LFG. If I spot a team being built that I'd like to join and I have group invites shut off before I can send a tell I need to call up the settings menu and turn them back on. Now it is possible that while I am doing that the team could fill up and I just missed joining a raid or alert I want to do because I HAD to shut off invites to avoid those pop ups while battling a cyclops in Typhon's zone.

There have been a number of good suggestions here that could help eliminate that and make the game a little more enjoyable for everyone. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Just to clarify while the thread started looking for a cure for blind invites during combat there is nothing wrong with expanding on that to fix other issues encountered thanks to the current system we have to use. I've seen any number of great ideas here that could help us all out in game and as I already said I am quite happy with the feed back. Now if we can just get the devs to do some thing about it. which could be a problem considering staff size and supposed commitment to working mostly on items designed to add more money intake to the game.. but hey we can offer up the potential solutions and hope for the best.
    • Like x 1
  7. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Sorry ive no interest in talking to someone with an ignore filter, thats me talking to a wall and you just talking AT ppl.
  8. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Well your first problem is mixing up the Ignore Invitations, which is why I typed them out. Group-Group Instance-Instance. Not Group-Instance. Group invites have nothing at all, in any way, to do with you being able to queue up to anything. They have absolutely no links at all, except when you are looking to join an LFG group. If you're going around doing AFIII open world content, you can still stick ignore group invites on to avoid lazy players and still solo-queue for On Duty content. Theres nothing stopping that.

As for "a new way to accept invites", its history repeating itself and unnecessary. Ppl asked for the current loot system for so long and theres moans about the way the loot opens. We have an ignore list for a reason and plenty of space. I rarely get these "immensely annoying" invites and when i do once every 4 months they go on ignore. Sorted. Done. And i still manage to get raids done easily outside of league runs so the worry of limiting group options by using the ignore list is baseless.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well let me be the first to thank you so much for educating those of us in the dark. But since the ONLY thing I was not already sure about was if when I had my setting at no group invites .. and we'd already had that matter explained before your first post here .. it all seems a bit worthless...

I am well aware of how to shut off any PvP invite and since I never PvP the ability to invite me to scrimmage has been set to off for about 5 + years now. I leave trades on .. for the obvious reasons. THE ONLY THING we are discussing making changes to is shutting off group invites.

NOW allow me to give another example if why this would be beneficial...

Go to the War Torn Area 51 and grab your daily missions ... On that same raided platform you can also be assigned a daily bounty to locate and defeat a Paradox Demon. THAT required a TEAM. Now I don't need or generally want help with the daily missions.. Those I can solo in no time .. So I'd prefer not to have anyone sending me a BLIND INVITE to help them accomplish theirs.. However i do want to get an invite to join a team doing the DOX BOUNTY. The way things are set up now I either deal with potential blind invites I don't need or want to help some one with THEIR daily missions or I have chance of missing an invite to the DOX because my invites were off when a team leader tries to invite me.

Same applies in either War Torn zone after the weekly reset. Now I WANT invites on because I want on a 411 team and I do my daily missions while doing THAT as well. Not to mention the weekly bounties available in the WAR TORN Village. While I have manged to complete all those without joining team I have accepted invites and teamed up with other players on individual Bounties.

See now you are claiming that no change is required but without it .. The only way to stop these idiotic players looking for some one to carry them by sending out blind invites is to spend ?? mount of time chsnging setting over and over nd over throughout the time you are on line. WHY not just give us more detailed options so we can get the invites we WANT and shut out the ones we don't?
  10. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

So that post asks 2 important questions, 1 which almost contradicts itself but I'll ask anyway:

1) In my initial post I was replying to a specific part of your original post, which was essentially the basis of why you were asking for a change in the first place. You clearly thought turning Ignore Instance Invites on meant "the game cant find you a team", which implies you were talking about queuing up on your On Duty. If you're looking for a group through LFG or Shout thats you finding you a team, the game only finds you a team through queues. So now you're saying you're a 5yr player and already knew this?

2) I get off work on completely different shifts and get home at different times each week. Yet when I sit down to play DCUO I have a routine for AoJ content. Thursdays I jump straight into 411 and Weekly Bounties 1st before my dailies, any other day I get Paradox bounty done straight away before my dailies. And with either im not sitting there for 30 mins before a shout comes through or before I shout for them. Its more like 1-2 mins. So you're saying that your server is so barren that you cant do these first, yet so full that you're constantly being invited to groups by these lazy players?
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OMG .. First of all this would not be the first thread to take a new direction. Without your "EXPERT" help we some how managed to arrive at the conclusion even before you graciously enlightened us with your words of infinite wisdom. My goodness

And now with part 2 obviously any and all of us that are not playing the game exactly the way YOU do are obviously doing it completely wrong

I am sorry but I am done even bothering to read your posts since you are displaying the type of "Elitist" behavior. My god man really so every player in this game is supposed to set their routine to match yours?

Well here is MINE:

I log on and run the stabilizer Fragment duo and grab my 5 fragment for the day.

I bring up the Vault mission and run that and grab my free mark for the day

I teleport to the War Torn Village and speak to the 3 contacts and get my assigned missions. Now on Thursday (right after reset) I then send out messages on shout and the LFG and find a 411 team.. I then use my DAILY missions to help defeat 411 Savage troop... there by completing all my daily missions while I am also assisting the team in completing the 411. That complete I then Quit that team and go to the wing of the facility where the BOUNTIES Spawn. I watch the LFG and phase to each zone where a bounty has been located and assist the players there in defeating them until I have accomplished all for the week. NOW on the other 6 days of the week I simply grab my three daily missions and quickly complete those.

I teleport to the War Torn Area 51 and grab all available missions. At that point (Daily) I send out a request in shout and on the LFG asking to be invited to a DOX team. Usually the invite comes within a minute or less but if it takes longer I simply begin my dailies while I watch for anyone forming a DOX team. Very rarely do I manage to complete even 1 of the 3 daily missions before I m on a DOX team and completing that for the day. then I continue in zone until all dailies are complete.

NOW at times on Thursday it can take time to get all the bounties done in the Village and of course it takes a little bit of time even for an 8 man team to defeat 411 troops. But aside from that one day I can usually be done with everything in either zone in about 10-15 minutes at most. Some days little longer in Area 51 if the DOX team doesn't form quickly

THEN I head to Typhon's Monster zone and it starts all over.. Find a 410 team,.. do my dailies ( well except the one in the sewer because if you are down there alone it doesn't help the TEAM totals. After I get 410 I quit.. AFTER I actually thank my team mates for the help. Then head to the sewer or warehouse to complete my third and finally mission. The rest of the week? I am a CR 195 doing missions that I can breeze through without Any one's help and I am only still doing them to complete a full set of the vendor Armor for the feat. I do not NEED OR WANT ANY HELP and the last thing I need while I am attacking a group of 2 or 3 cyclops, a couple Cockatrice and maybe a couple Gorgon is some jerk not once but TWICE sending me a blind invite to team with him. And a few of the more persistent ones get a real shock when I do say yes and join them.. That would be because I then proceed to inform them that their stupidity could get some one killed and that despite what they my think there is nothing in the games TOS that requires any one to team with anyone else. THEN they go on ignore and I quit the team and go about my business.

WHICH by the way is what is about to happen riight now. I am tired of your condescending attitude and I do not have to put up with it. CONGRATULATIONS you are joining a fairly small group I have used the ignore button on .. here on the forums.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Great idea, and would be awesome for end game players. This doesn't fit with the devs game plan for new players though. They have forced us to play with them this last year. The forums are a great place to see how well this is working out. Threads like, can t beat Khandaq, or fos3. Options like this is be fine with, but I don't think will happen. Only because they want end gamers and new players together, not more ways to keep us apart.
  13. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Cool so I go on ignore because you dont want to answer the questions properly. Your idea is based on 2 things, annoyance at getting spammed invites and timekeeping, yet im in the wrong for pointing out that the spamming is already resolvable quite easily and for pointing out the most efficient way to get things done seens as how you started arguing semantics.

If you cant take criticism then theres no point opening threads. Not everyone is going to agree with you and you've clearly been looking back at the wrong thread as nothing was resolved, otherwise I wouldnt have pointed out the glaring flaw in your post.

In the future try not to use the word "Elitist" either, you've clearly no idea what it means.

Out.