Can we get an ETA on new abilities? These powers are stale....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Oct 10, 2019.

1. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

I definitely think something should be set up to freshen up our powers. Artifacts can only do so much and I am definitely on the camp of wanting another set of powers preferably Sound/Music and Shadow and a Blue beetle Scarab power . I think they should add some type of post level 30 archetype trees of each power. Maybe give us 2 or 3 different Archetypes that fall within each power and when that tree is selected we get a handful of new abelites from maybe 3 or 4 along with 1 new supercharge. Picking one tree locks you out of the other 2.

For example Quantum while we do have powers that allow us to have time and space builds why not 3 archetypes thatll help magnify those type of builds. A Timelord build that has focuses on buffs for the team like a Haste type power that speeds up the groups attack speed and movement speed for a set time, a ability to slow adds, and a supercharge similar to the Quantum heal that reverses time for the entire group healing the party. The Gravity tree can have a supercharge that opens up a larger black hole like singularity but till be closer to the Whirlpool supercharge of Water that pulls adds to the center of it while damaging them and a power that adds a portal circle on the ground at two locations for a set time that can transport the allies between the two. And a 3rd tree can be used to put more focus on the support role of the power or if going with just 2 then have 2 of the 4 powers be geared towards the support role.

Ill use Mental as another example where a Illusionist Archetype tree can give us a mirror master type ability to make 2 or 3 copies of your self for a set time that does a percentage of your Might and Prec Damage. A Telekinesis tree that has a power that uses a psiblade or a Mindread power that works like PhaseShift where the supercharge allows us to read the enemies mind( but the gameplay mechanic is the next attack we get hit buy is a auto miss working somewhat like a shield but instead of taking damage they just out right miss us).

These ideas don't have to make it in game exact but as long as the point is understood that either way they do it I would prefer a system that adds abilities unique to each power so they don't play the same at all but still contributes to the group in a good way and makes the power fun to play. I believe Supercharges need there own slot pushing the Soda to the utility belt slot which we get one during the beginning of the game as to have access to that 1st Soda slot. That way we always have a Supercharge and that extra space for another power to allow more flexible loadouts and make Supercharges that much more important.
    • Like x 3
  2. Cyro Committed Player

If you take all the unique powers from legends and move them over to the iconic tree/the powerset they belong to it would allow us to have new abilities with little work on the devs part. They wouldnt have to create new animations or new fx just port the legends powers over and then you have npcs that have abilities we could use as well you could make latishas whip abilities into the iconic tree for people that want to use the whip
    • Like x 11
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Not sure what your point is here. I didn't say atomic is bad. Adding a melee combo would put it in line with rage and earth. Really don't care where you fall on scoreboards either but grats I guess.
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

yeah...it was all about the brag...anyways...COULD IT BE BETTER...SURE!!...i thought we agreed...anyways...guess we dont have to care...youre right there...bye...
  5. MisterJC New Player

I have lost count the amount of times this has been requested Couldn’t agree more - Bizarro flame breath, Donna Troy healing and lasso, Cheetah feral powers, all of Saint Walker etc. I don’t think I have ever actually seen a viable reason why this cannot be done...there just doesn’t seem to be a will.
    • Like x 3
  6. Cyro Committed Player

I would even be ok with a lull in dlcs if it meant new powers.
    • Like x 5
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've seen similar sentiments in other games in the past. Unfortunately those sentiments don't last long, and with as quickly as this player base consumes content it's tough to imagine it lasting any amount of time.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Roth Committed Player

AND alot of people still want a melee combo added to Mesmerizing Lasso
    • Like x 2
  9. RLManuel Committed Player

If you guys added the iconic moves from the legends to the iconic powers and made it so we had to by them regardless of our membership, people would buy them without a doubt... and that’s guaranteed to make money :D
    • Like x 2
  10. Stubs2019 New Player

new powers will not help a stale game come back to life. it needs something...different.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I would love to see some new iconic powers - they could even have related artefacts like the HV one.

Some different pet skins - alternatives to robot sidekick. Examples like Circe/Dr Fate/Felix Faust pets. Would also give more options if you happened to have 200 Grimorum Verum and wanted a different pet option to have the power regeneration thing.
    Bizarro's Flame Breath and Icy HV. I would love to see an artefact for the Flame Breath and some added FX.

It could even come from any form change mission we've had in game. Love them or hate them there's ready made abilities here.

Doomsday's Roar - from Smallville - in fact I would like to see all of Doomsdays attacks available as Iconic Powers
    Demon Fireball Barrage - like the Wrath Demon form mission from Sons of Trigon.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Not only those but any form change missions we've had in the game - there's abilities there also.
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This is juuuuuussst cryptic enough for plausible deniability but also fans a flame of hope.

Before it was we have plans to make any new powers. Now it is we have no plans to share. While the latter can easily mean the same as the former, you are a word smith. You say things with purpose, usually.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No I think that one is pretty straight forward this time lol
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

it would be interesting if all iconics had a PI starter then finisher...like the screams give you the Daze PI ...would need a lot of additions to that Iconic list to it pull off...but it might be fun...
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

A dr fate iconic where the ank scares everyone within a certain range
    & new iconics that have a ice, fire, earth , water & air effects so we can finally make a avatar inspired character
    • Like x 1
  17. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

What if they release a new Power(s)group named "Iconic" and make it usable only as a separate purchase, excluded from membership, and not as a main Powerset or Role, Specifically same as the current Iconics?
    Including plenty of abilities like 1 inspired by each Ingame-Comic character, that some powers which are unlikely good to be as a whole Powerset like Sound, Judo, Karate, Super Strength, Jumping and so on have a chance . . . , And 1 new ability gets added like every couple of month(s)
    To be honest personally I do not put money in the game for the ones that don't make sense to me like Materials, TCs and Marketplace Supplies, but if anything like mentioned above, joins the game, I'll be be purchasing immediately.
    It'd be great to have an answer for this from the development.
    • Like x 1