Can we get a clear answer: Selling Content Resets?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Dec 17, 2014.

1. MrBeefCakes New Player

LOL thread fail.
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's quite a bit more complex :p plus it prevents you from spending a lesser amount than the card was for. So in essence you'd need to buy a gift card for every person rather than using one card to get gifts for 3 people.
    • Like x 2
  3. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Less people telling me, "can't run it, locked for the week" sounds good to me.
  4. King Felsa New Player

You misspelled judgement. For shame!
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

I see no harm in it.
  6. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I think that there should be an approval grant process for resets (apologies if there is one).

"Player 2 would like to reset your loots locks Raid XYZ?"
    Yes or No?

I don't like the idea of someone doing it without my okay.
  7. Rasta Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for answering the question Mepps :)
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Judgment is spelled without an 'e' in the US. Judgement is spelled with an 'e' in Europe. So really, there is no misspelling either way. I was corrected for pointing out another forum member spelled it wrong as 'judgement' in another thread, so I did some research. You're welcome to do the same. ;-}

As far as people selling their services/replays for in-game cash, I was tempted to message a player well know on USPC - "I thought you were better than that."
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What's the downside to someone resetting an instance for you without asking you?
  11. Starblast Well-Known Player

sharing replays was a bad idea to begin with regardless of whether it violates terms of service. I also see no reason why anyone would share replays anyway. I'm not giving anybody any of mine!
  12. King Felsa New Player

Firstly, it was a joke. Secondly, Mepps just trolled me over it.

200k-250k is actually a pretty good deal for a raid reset. Considering that people spend 15mil for a 1500 SC card, 1mil for 350 replays is a really good deal.
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Problem solved!
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That word, "subversive": it does not mean what you think it means.
    • Like x 1
  15. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

If I offer to help someone, I don't want them to 'pay' me. If I'm loot locked and want to re-set I'll do it myself.
    I don't like the feature and I don't want to be an unwilling participant in it.
  16. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Both spellings are technically correct. Look at a Tarot deck sometime. In some decks, Judgment does not have an "e" after the "g". (Just an example, but Mepps didn't misspell anything.

Edit: Sorry, showed up a little late to the editorial party.
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So you're saying there's no objective downside you can identify? You simply have a subjective feeling about it?

OK.
  18. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

This is why I love Sechuran Fox, in a completely platonic way, of course. ;) If you don't like this system, then volunteer to help for free when others are trying to gouge you.

Now, off topic, I do happen to notice that there are a lack of response for support roles these days on USPC, because it seems everyone who is anyone, wants to DPS. I got news for you guys, your power can ALSO be used for support. So do it, instead of whining about a lack of support, BE the support. Yeesh.
    • Like x 1
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Offering X for sale for price Y isn't "complex," neither overtly nor covertly.

What "subversive psychological techniques" are you claiming DCUO is using on you? What evil "morality" is involved beyond capitalism?
  20. ErnieB Loyal Player

I need to know one thing as I've seen this for so long by the same people with no consequence at all, does SC also fall under this category?, I ask because for a while i've seen people trade SC for in game currency, and seeing as how replay is acquired with SC I wonder if both fall under the same category, or if SC is simple not tradeable by any means in game.