Can we finally have a single color normal glove style?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

[IMG]

We have every possible style, but for 11 years we still dont have something clean like this for gloves.

Come on.
    • Like x 3
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's probably because it's built into some of the Slimline Chest Styles as part of the Chest itself. The Developers seem to see that as the best way to achieve that look. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  3. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Just to clarify, that Hal Jordan is naked.

Iconic characters don't usually have assets the same way player characters do. Assets being Chest Style, Hand Style, Leg Style etc. That Green Lantern suit is basically painted onto a Naked Hal Jordan body. Which is why the "Gloves" seamlessly mesh well with the rest of the suit. The only real time you'll see separate assets on Iconics is things like Capes or Tails, extensions.

Long story short, there'll likely never be gloves that fit as seamlessly as those, because they aren't Gloves at all. You'd be better off asking for a Chest Style including "Gloves" like those. Should only take a decade or so, considering we still don't have a Superman/Apollo/Neckless and Gloveless Slimline Style despite years of requests. It'll be a good 2033 when it drops though.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

What I mean is a simple glove style that is slim.

We do have two of them but they have some annoying batman like detail:

Slimline Finned and Finned.

Why can't we have a third version of these two gloves without the DAMN SPIKES ON IT!?
    • Like x 2
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would buy that for a dollar. ;)
  6. Skoll Well-Known Player

Asking for a relatively easy and simple style? HA! Very foolish of you.

Along with a bare hands and neck chest slimline with a big emblem, you can add this to the ever-growing list of simple styles that will never be added.
    • Like x 1
  7. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

Is there even a way to have new simple styles atm? Isnt every new style part of latest ep or maybe some style inspired by iconic character in capsule. Were would they even add simple gloves? I dont they ever updated or add any new style in character creation menu. Every now and then when i create some new look, something specific, yet pretty basic, comes to my mind and all i can think is why we dont have anything even similar to this basic thing, yet game is full of batman(i mean big 3) styles.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

--Aeronaut
    --Engineer
    --Nuclear
    --Patriotic (if you can find it, that is)
    --Qwardian Fighter
    --Scion of Ion
    --Trim Classic

I'm even leaving out 1 or 2. But all of those pair perfectly with the Scion of Ion Chest and Legs to make a thoroughly modern GL Corps uniform with enhanced surface detailing like what you see in other games, and like what you'd see in any future Green Lantern movie. They can even work well when paired up with a slimline Chest and Legs. Examples:

[IMG]

[IMG]

And as myself and others have pointed out before, several of the game's slimline styles have the slimline hands and feet BUILT RIGHT IN with no separate gloves necessary!

[IMG]

You already have the tools you need. Whether or not you use them is entirely up to you.
  9. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

You clearly don't have the Chroma pack, try to make a green lantern look with the chroma pack to add the aura around your character and see how these gloves you posted looks like :)

All those options sucks and won't replace a Slimline Finned NO SPIKES glove.
    • Like x 3
  10. Dene Devoted Player

been asking for the same.. 1/4 up formal gloves with NO wrinkles, no fuss, no textures, one colour only etc - same with a feet style

in fact i'd say ALL "parts" should have a style like this

Plain legs, plain chest etc etc - even the supposed slimlines are riddled with textures issues etc

EDIT: Imagine the battle damaged Slimline WITHOUT the rips - thart is the closest I can describe as to what I mean
    • Like x 2
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I have the Glowing Chroma Pack on at least one character, and I've discovered the same problem with it that I've had with several other Chroma Packs: 3 variations is NOT enough to give us ALL possible options for the assignment of the 3 color channels, and the exact arrangement I need is Missing In Action. So I've only ended up using it for Ring Constructs (i.e. my characters' weapons.)

As I'm sure you're aware, Materials and Chroma Materials ALSO black out the Lantern Corps Emblems built into the chests, so it doesn't even work in a desirable way on the Scion of Ion Style Set.

So, I have to live without the "skintight" aura on my ring-slingers. Not a big deal at all to me. After 82+ years of Green Lantern comics, there's been many variations of the Ring Generated Forcefield Aura shown, and the game gives us a lot of Auras to choose from! :D
  12. Dene Devoted Player

I swear it's like a gamble LOL - happens way too often

I'll have a GREAT idea in my head of how to use a chroma on a style - then BAM.. all 3x do it wrong
    • Like x 2
  13. Belfast New Player

What kind of boots are in the first screenshot?
  14. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I'm sure if you get enough people to ask they'll add it to the game...

...in a time capsule.;)
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Those should be the Owlman Boots from the Earth 3 content.