Can this problem be addressed please?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darkscarletx, Dec 21, 2016.

1. darkscarletx Loyal Player

P.S. Not whinning, just saying what i think and how it felt.

A vengeance raid(operation) = 2 high players at 180 and others at 80 and me.

The 2 high players go to end, leaving everyone behind, kill the last boss before entering. Result: No loot for most of us.

Please do something. The game really feels like it is own by the high players and no matter what, they can do whatever they want without thinking of the consequences. I know it is also about people just not moving and waiting for the loot, but those who play get the consequences. With the open episode, new players see that and nothing is done. How can you imagine they will appreciate? I`m sorry but why there are no rules? you let the high players penalize all the others. It can be really unappealing. I`m not mad but disappointed to see that.

Is it normal to everyone? No form your group, i heard it. New players might pug too.
    • Like x 6
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

That explains the Xbox server population.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There were two of them, and six of you...why did you not get five people to vote one off, and warn the other to control their behaviour?

The other thing you can do is put those individuals on your ignore list and move on. I realize that's not the solution you and others would like to see, but no one has come up with anything that will solve the problem without penalizing everyone else in the process. The last time the Devs implemented a solution for abusive behaviour, we ALL got stuck with the 3-hour kick penalty. So be careful what you wish for.
    • Like x 5
  4. Skull Collector Committed Player

Valid complaint for a problem that has become more and more prevalent as selfish players gear up. The only fix I could see that would even start to address the problem would be to have barriers come up in Boss rooms that don't come down until all players are present at the entrance to the room. Then you'd have some dill-holes who like to grief and stick behind intentionally, or go afk leaving the party to wait. It's a crappy situation, but it's something we all have to deal with... a crappy community full of selfish wankers.
    • Like x 5
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I was going to say LFG is your best bet BUT I've had the same issue using LFG to form a feat hunting group for that instance. So I can relate to why you would avoid it. You could also put together a team of friends and use LFG to fill in the empty spaces. Or see if your friends have friends who can help. Khalon has a good point, you have a kick option.
    • Like x 2
  6. Owl Devoted Player

If you did not get loot on a Boss, you can re-run the Operation and get loot on that Boss.
    • Like x 1
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I agree with your solution and it is also sad to hear that nothing can be done and we have no choice to let it happen. I don`t understand what happened to dcuo to have this community where this is you`re on your own. I played other mmos and everyone help each other but dcuo teamwork is like taboo. :/ And everyone even the developpers i feel have no choice to just let the high players do what they want and that`s what is even more sad. There are no boundaries. This is alarming.
    • Like x 1
  8. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

Not always the case, sometimes you get no loot option and you get locked out of loot as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I think that's the best idea so far...and I know you mentioned how someone might hold the group hostage in that situation, but the remedy for that is add to ignore then kick.
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not always an option since the game will register you having beat the boss (since the instance ends) even though you received no loot due to proximity. All Operations and certain raids have this problem. There are other raids on the other hand where you can still get loot even if you're not with the rest of the team (Amazon Fury 2 raids are like that).
    • Like x 1
  11. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I and the others had no idea it was going to happen, it just happened at the end. You can`t know what other players will do. But something should prevent that it happens too. I can move on yes, but the problem is still there and can happen again. Even if I try to lfg, the pug shouldn't be like that. It should be welcoming to everyone and fun. For the 3 hours, i understand but there should be a solution, I don`t know.
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I like Skull's idea better, but would there be a way to solve the proximity issue?
    • Like x 1
  13. Magnificent Loyal Player

I saw someone trying to do this in DC(e) the other night. Lugnut ended up getting himself killed while the rest of us fought our way through (the other two were level appropriate, I am 188 with 235SP).

When I am in content I can overpower I make sure to go through and kill stuff as normal because I want those level-appropriate people grouped with me to get Feats as well as loot (so they will enjoy the game a bit more). Now if someone decides to just hang out at the entrance and doesn't get anything because they couldn't be bothered to just follow in my wake... that's their own fault.
  14. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I bet you wouldnt even beat any que in raids if you didn't have any high cr players in the group.
    Instead of whining, instead of playing like your're in a normal raid group, you could have at least followed the high cr players.
    Not everyone is going slow down for lower cr players.
  15. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Huh? Yeah, i have to be prepared for that kind of respond. Not providing any solution and i guess you're that kind of player so, no. I don't approve. No whining here like i said.

And let the new player and high player war begin! Sigh..
  16. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

I understand this. on the one hand, when I make a new toon to see if I like the power, I don't mind high cr blowing through stuff, till I get to the point I need to use my powers. on the other hand. new players suffer when this happens. they learn little. and the pay for it endgame.
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's not the way it should be. Would it really hurt you to wait a bit till everyone is at least inside so they can get theirs??? I mean blowing through content is one thing...rushing ahead and leaving everyone behind (especially if they can't demolish the adds holding them back) is just plain wrong and stupidly selfish. There's no need for that behaviour.
    • Like x 1
  18. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Why everyone in this forum think everything is a complaining or whining? It is just exposing a problem and demanding for a solution. High players, please listen, you are not the only people playing the game, please. And I'm saying it nicely. Nicely is possible in the forum? Geez.

This community is affecting all around. Even me sometimes i`m being at war here sometimes and that`s not who i am.
  19. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Once you vote to kick you're screwed...you cannot even start a vote to kick if you voted. The 3 hours kick thing needs to be refined a bit.
  20. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

This problem has been brought up so many times it's ridiculous and there is only one solution.
    There are many of us that have brought up reasonable compromises to fix this issue and
    the Devs keep listening to a vocal minority in the game. The same clueless players that thought stats still mattered after GU 47 went live. The same players that screamed about making SP matter and not knowing that the other 90% of the stats were broken. The same guys that thought/think SP fixes dumb.

This is one of the main reasons why DCUO cannot bring in a keep new players.

Until DCUO fixes this issue and removes marks relevancy DCUO's player population will continue to fall because of attrition. Attrition has been the main issue with DCUO's player base for a long time but the DEVS refuse to address the two giant ELEPHANTS in the room.