Can someone explain the buffed debuffed arguments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Jul 28, 2017.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

A lot of people I come across in the game and some post in the forums, are claiming that people with high starts are being nerfed while the low stats are being buffed. Is this true? If so why? Can some one please explain or clarified this please
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OKAY here is what has occurred...

Take a high CR character and go do some thing several tiers below that. Now what used to occur was that character could fly through that content pretty much destroying mobs and even bosses with a few weapons shots at most. NOW ? I took my CR 190 Atomic Tank/DPS to Gotham and attacked the Pied Piper .. a Cr 72 bounty. Now a few days ago before this revamp went live I would have one shot that boss in about 5 seconds. Last night the battle took over 5 minutes, I used a soda to replenish my power and actually used my utility belt Back up in order to bring the Rogue down.

Now that same character went to the War torn village and (in TANK MODE) was taking down mobs as big as 8-10 in a matter of a minute or so .. Just had minions completely encircling me and pounded on them with my AoE attacks till they all died. I repeated this same thing in the War Torn area 51 zone .

The thing is the way the game seems to work now is If you are attacking anything at or above your CR that mob/bosses defense is apparently set up to make your attack work as intended. Now go to lower tier content and suddenly your attacks are either being debuffed or the mobs defenses are being buffed to make the content more "challenging" So if your Cr 190 DPS ques into a raid designed for players between cr 70-83 they will struggle while a player actually at Cr 70-83 will be able to play just like before the revamp( well amost.. that would depend on HOW they use their SP). So in many MANY cases since the revamp went live Higher CR players in lower tier content are actually being out damaged by players at the appropriate Cr for the content.

Its almost like you have been stat clamped without actually being stat clamped. Especially since a while back we were ALL told Daybreak had no intention to ever totally stat clamp this game.

Does that help you?
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just people crying cause CR differential was removed, that's all it is.