Can somebody explain what i did wrong here..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by the solowing, Oct 1, 2014.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah...

You were playing with a bunch of noobs who shouldn't be running that formation in Paradox.

Maybe once or twice you were doing weapon attacks/revives when you should have been healing.
  3. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

and, why don't you have sodas?

IA ARMY
    • Like x 3
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

i think i know what you mean, i was trying to get a wm attack off to half the power needed to get a heal off since idk what the trolls were doing, but i got kicked out of it
  5. Grumpy Dedicated Player

You got API'd.
    • Like x 3
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

To me personally i just feel if i need the sodas for either effect im doing something wrong... so i dont use them
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

Did I just see what I think I saw ? That was terrible formation. Did they actually kick you for not enough heals ? People dying from Sentry crazy legs, troll sleeping, no one reviving. It's all them dude you were fine. They ****** up the second they had warrior out with sentry. You using a mic wouldn't have saved this group.
    • Like x 3
  8. AzraelR Committed Player

2 boss at same time? Really? hahahahahaha LOL

This folks do not have the slightest notion of how to do paradox wave.
    But yes, I can say what you did wrong there . You're playing with **** players. That's what you did wrong.
    • Like x 5
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I don't really know much about healing but yeah

- You were doing too many weapon attacks, revives and stuff. Every time you do that, group isn't getting healed. It's fine to do it with a second healer but when you're soloing, your eyes need to be bouncing off the names on the left almost all the time. At least that's what I'm doing as a controller.

Aside from that though, your group was terrible.

- "Oh we wiped? must be the burn... ok, lets get rid of the second controller and go for 5 DPS instead". The burn off the 5 DPS was horrible. I know one guy was out for most of it but even at 4 DPS, it was still horrible.
    - Every time the Sentry jumped, someone died. MOVE OUT THE ******* WAY.
    - Very few people attempted to revive. I saw one guy running towards you then he was like "nah, back to boss". Unbelievable.

They seemed to blame you for not being on mic. If you were playing in the same room, your group would have performed just as bad.

Clueless group + **** raid = Bad time.

You did a few things wrong, but it wasn't entirely your fault. ultimately, the group was doomed, anyway. Further proof that the developers need to tighten up bosses so that it simply isn't possible for a single tank to tank raids. Until it's drummed into the players psyche to stop stacking damage in favour of strong survivability, this sort of stuff will be happening all the time.
    • Like x 5
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Clearly didn't, LOL, but good try ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Gargamond Dedicated Player

I noticed a couple things.

Your loadout could use the watcher. If you use watcher with ritualistic word and rejuvenate, you won't need invocation of renewal.

You weren't using WM. I didn't watch the whole video but the ten minutes I did watch were the first five and the last five. You just kinda walked around and threw heals some times.

There were several times you weren't even with the group so you got encased and died. If you're solo healing, try not to get encased. You will wipe the group.

The last thing is communication. You had no mic. Yes, the group members died a lot but that could have been prevented. You'll get it one of these days.
    • Like x 2
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

Can't be prevented when people aint moving out of the way of Sentrys crazy legs.
  13. Fel1x90 New Player

It's always everyone else's fault.

Side note, seems like you are not as good as you always claim to be with your low SP. Lol
    • Like x 4
  14. Gargamond Dedicated Player

That's why communication is key. As the healer, you have a lot of time to observe and direct the group, shout warnings, etc.
    • Like x 3
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Totally disagree. I never pay with a mic and I often play with people who don't even speak English. Communication isn't the issue if the group is talented. A player should never have to rely on voice commands from other players. If I am playing with someone on the mic, 90% of the time I've identified the problem and am working towards resolving just as they're about to tell me.

These players weren't talented. They don't even know the basics. Whilst Solowing is definitely not innocent, even if he was playing like the prize was a million dollars, the entire group would have performed equally as bad and the outcome would have been the exact same. Vocal communication only goes so far and if you know what you're doing and can perform well at your role, you never need it.
    • Like x 2
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

As a best practice, picking someone up while healing isn't something I'd advocate. However, you had some really derpy people in there ignoring pickups, sometimes you have to do something that isn't optimal.

First run: Had too much DPS, multiple bosses came out and your tank wasn't prepared for it or just couldn't take the heat by avoiding the hard hitting attacks.

Second run: People weren't paying attention to the Tyrant rolls and were standing right in it. They also weren't blocking when the Tyrant used his beam attack. Then they didn't dodge the Sentry. And then got up when the Sentry was corpse humping. And didn't block pillars when health was low. Positioning!

But you also didn't have soders or a utility belt/supply drop...so...

I'd say most of them are used to overpowering it with a top tier healer and are just lazy with their mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

If I have to shout warning every time for something you can also see yourself then you just have terrible awareness. This group clearly didn't know what they were doing and those on mice had no effect in coordinating with each other.
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I couldn't disagree with this more if I wanted to.....

Low on blue bar and the troll is being revived, pop a soda... DPS'es are sucking down a ton of power straining the troller and you need to heal more? Pop a soda.

Same thing with a healer. Healers in jail, pop a soda. Healers down and being revived pop a soda.

Yes I get it that you're a healer so you can heal yourself but soda should always be in your loadout. Especially in a PuG group, I go through a stack like it's nothing just to lessen the strain on the group. I watched the first time you dropped, when you stood up it took some time to get blue and green back to full, popping a Lime there would've done wonders for you.
    • Like x 16
  19. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Right but what if they can't.
    • Like x 1
  20. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

My take... invincibility complex of over geared players
    1st attempt too much burn on tyrant to start.... not enough to fix it after (+ bad tank).
    2nd attempt, players not moving away from danger, people still burning tyrant when they should focus on the sub-boss or pillars. (+ horrible tank)
    + no communication.....
    I can't see blaming the healing for any of that mess
    • Like x 1