Can players please stop queing in as Tanks and Controllers in Alerts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Sep 17, 2020.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Roles: "you can't complete without us!"
    Dps: "you can't complete without us!"
    Hate to break it to y'all, but they're both right when it comes to raids. Alerts, they're both wrong. Dps is indeed a role. Especially in burn check raids. Just like in real life, if we worked together and respected one another, things would go a lot smoother. But it's 2020 and the world is a dumpster fire so let's all not get along and suffer together instead.
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Pretty sure you can take a 8man team of support roles into FGSr and beat it, yes it would take forever but it would get done, can same be said about 8 DPS? Doubtful.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Great points here. Most people in the forums are pretty well versed in the game so we sometimes forget that many players are ultra casual or ultra NEW.

The other day I was in a bounty spam group with a bunch of players from the same league who were obviously extremely new. They were chatting on mic and I kept quiet. They were discussing how to play their roles, how to set up load outs , mods etc. And by their own admission, were trying desperately to figure it all out. They were very nice people but completely inexperienced.

I then asked if they were interested in a few starter tips and we had a nice back and forth. I hope it helped.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Would it surprise me? No, people have done raids solo. I was in fgsr the other day as healer. I sat in the corner and did nothing for 20mins. They did not need me. Tank, yeah. Troll, the tank needed him.
  5. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

The rules and etiquette for alert PUG queue are not that complicated:

1. If you want balanced; 1:1:1:1, turn off the optional role.

But don't be bossy telling other people who queue their role to not play it. Remember you're queued in as one of four, an equal, there is NO group president, no one elected you to dictate the group composition. I see this from healers mostly. Even if you're capable healing 3 dps, maybe the tank or troller queued to just play their support role. I don't give a F why they want to play support. If they queued support, then let them play support. Don't be a beach, and tell other people they can't play the role they queued. It's frankly just rude.

The people who use this option are already eating the extra wait time, last thing they need is an a-hole, who tell them not to play what they signed up for.

2. If you want random, then turn on the option, accept what comes. Roless buff or not.

3. LFG form your own group; then you won't tick anyone off and you'll be happy with the group composition.

---
    Whether or not other players have a 2nd set of gear is moot.

If I feel like playing support role that day on that toon, then I'll queue support and play support. Doesn't matter if I'm also a dps. Just because I can doesn't mean I want to.
    • Like x 3
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Here lately I been running solely with 3 league members at all times, that way if we get someone who thinks their king**** we wait at start for 5 minutes and kick them to the curb before any boss is done. May be a **** move to wait at the start but I'd rather do it before any boss is beat then have people run through x amount of boss just for last boss.
  7. thedemonocus Loyal Player

8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I agree that Luthor is basically impossible without a healer, but poseidon’s honestly pretty straight forward without a healer as long as the burn is good and people are paying attention, as it should be.

What I like to do is move into a nearby spot where an eruption just happened, because that area is usually the safest place in the area. The mechanic is kind of a jerk about spawning simultaneous adjacent eruptions so sometimes you will have to eat one, but each individual zone seems to have its own cooldown so if you do take one don’t move, just block to recover health faster so you can take the next one.
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I put the word proper in quotations because im not saying its the rite way. Thats the terminology used to explain things way back when i first started playing is all. The quotations are iMportant because im not Sayin it, everyone around me used the term to describe a group consisting of one of each available role is all :)

Edit: i agree with encouraging players to do both roles, i just disagree with requiring or expecting them to.
    Just because the game gives the option doesnt mean we should have to. Literally everything in the game is an option. The options available are just that, options.
    Myself for example. Im quantum (duh rite haha). I dps and only dps. I hate trolling. Im terrible at it and its just not fun. When i was electric all those years ago i played both because i love to dps but did enjoy electric healing back in the prime battleground days. But i switched to quantum be ause its my fav dps out of all i have tried but this does limit my roles as i wont troll, no one can make me lol. I have the upmost respect for others who do both roles or just their support role or have alts etc but its not me is never going to be me.
    To each his own
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Sadly this right here forced me to find a new game to play
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yeah that's why he added the "dps check raids" to his post. You're both not wrong though
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I've been yelled at in chat for being a tank in alerts. 99% percent of the time I dps alerts, but this one time I just felt like tanking. Literally right off the rip, all 3 of my group members from a league that shall not be named, said "NO TANK!!!" I would normally have had zero issues switching to DPS, but I chose to just leave instead. I'm sure they got another dps almost immediately and things went smooth for them. I just dont do well with demands like that
    • Like x 1
  13. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I agree whole heartedly, but as I mentioned in another post, I work in I am in upper management in the hospitality industry, my educational background is in music education, and I am on the board of several arts organizations....which equates to I am constantly surrounded by primadonna high strung drama queens, so the snarky comebacks just rolls off my back.....but I do see your aspect of it too how it would push people from doing it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

EXACTLY....we all had to learn somewhere, none of us downloaded the game, logged in, created our toon and just knew what to do. Everyone should be open to BOTH teaching AND learning....I will be the first to admit, I have been playing since almost day one, and been quantum since the second it dropped and have no doubt that I am pretty darn good at trollin, but I am always open to ideas and suggestions cause nobody knows everything.
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, the personal indvidual will always handle those things differently.
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Pretty sure in reg the DPS check only causing grail to eye laser and zues to do his AoE, I've been in some slow burn groups and have never seen the group be instantly killed because 'no OP burn bruh'

So I stick to what I said before, plus in the post you quoted I did say FGS R.
  17. Yaiba Committed Player

No, I play troll in all content, actually I don't remember the last time I play dps.
    • Like x 1
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't get why people complain when there is a tank in the group. I don't mind it at all, in fact, I can do my full rotation without being interrupted by adds. Or have to play dps/tank, takes the burden off of me. Don't see an issue with the troller who knows what they are doing, debuffs things and kill things faster. Honestly they are much needed as healers and dps. Can't do raids without them, and they need to level up too.

FYI I haven beaten cop without a healer. Tank 3 dps, it is possible, just have to get lucky with the pools.
  19. Realist617 Active Player

this doesnt even make sense, the que doesnt care what roles anyone is. it will stack 4 or 8 healers if they are the only ones in que for any given alert or raid.
  20. spikeat Well-Known Player

I haven't read every single page but I always que in as a troll to alerts w/ no intention of trolling. All the alerts are so easy that my alts with no arts can complete them. I don't know any alerts that requires a troll as the system buff is sufficient enough. If there is a spamming healer in the group, I would definitely not want to troll for this healer and would rather requeue. The only time I've trolled for an alert was VMF when I was with 3 other DPS. I led the team and controlled the pace for the alert. It was more fun since there were a lot more to do w/o a healer and tank present.

Same goes for queuing in as tank. VMF is mainly single target and since I'm usually the top dps, the boss would target me anyways. I make an exception for CoP since I like to tank hordes of adds.