Can players please stop queing in as Tanks and Controllers in Alerts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Sep 17, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

VMF and COP are both easy as pie, all you need is a healer who knows how to heal and the alerts a joke
    • Like x 1
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Why though? Theres more then enough DPS in dcuo I dont need to DPS too, what people should be complaining about is that nobody plays support roles and only wants to pewpewpewpew.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

People should be able to play either role when the need necessitates it. You don't have to agree, but I think doing so certainly makes you a better player.
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Not necessarily, I could have DPS gear but doesnt mean I'm a good DPS, just means I'm geared as DPS. I've had DPS several times and have always salvaged it as I hate DPSing and how the role dictates / runs everything in this game when content is on test.

It's always DPS' crying that x raid is hard or something, so it gets balanced for the sake of the precious DPS in this game.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I think this is probably where we agree to disagree and move on ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Good call
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Easier and faster are not synonymous terms.
    3 dps an healer may be faster but that doesnt mean easier.
    A “proper” alert group of a tank, troll, heal, and dps is by FAR the easiest an smoothest run in my experience. Its not the fastest but i have yet to see an issue.
    And no, by end game, support role players should NOT have 2 armories and dps gear if they dont want to. No one gets to dictate how others play.
    • Like x 1
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

You attempting to dictate and control how we play our game is not toxic?
    Hmmmmmm copy that
    • Like x 2
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I have cleared VMF and CoP multiple times with no healer, with tank, with troll etc. every combo u can think of.
    Not the point of any of this but you claim it cant be done and it certainly can.
    Is it better with a healer? Absolutly, but thats on you to get one, its not our responsibility to play and Q how u want.
    You dont pay our subs so not your concern.
    • Like x 2
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Because trolls arent useless in alerts.
    • Like x 3
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Then dont pug it, build the group your way an stop worrying about what others are doing. You have the option. You have the power. You are activly choosing to randompy Q in instead of building the group then complaining about the decision you made lmao. I cant stop commenting because this is just too darn funny
    • Like x 1
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Facts
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

(Late to the party i know lol, couldnt help myself tho)
  14. Kal~el Committed Player

People have the right to queue in whatever role they choose.

To avoid those nasty tanks taking up one of your slots.

Start your own group. Problem solved.
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Zero.
    • Like x 1
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

What’s sad is that my alert groups would actually benefit more from me battletrolling on my main and battletanking on my alt. I only sacrifice 10%-20% damage but the role benefits more than make up for it. But because people don’t bother waiting to see how others play and just look at the icon and complain, I don’t bother. :-/.
    • Like x 1
  17. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Role-less buff or not, alerts won’t be difficult to PUG if you’re prepared for any group make-up, assuming of course that multiple armories is feasible.
    For COP, I have three possible builds at my disposal. One for the dps role and two for the healer role. One of my healer builds is a conventional healer build. I go to it if pew pew decides to tank. But if pew pew decides not to, then I switch to my suggested dominance healer build. So when adds come at me, I can keep them stunned while pew pew does his thing.
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ummm, I do all the time. I actually prefer it because it introduces a little challenge to alerts. One of the most fun times I ever had in an alert was when a buddy of mine were grouped but blind queued the other two spots for JLD Darkness Rising (at content level, CR273). The Healer DC’d and the other random was scared to continue without a healer so they left. My friend went tank and I went battletroll and we finished it. We only wiped once and even that was when last boss was below 10% health. Fun times!

And yes, I know you’re talking about current endgame alerts. I’ve done them all without healers multiple times though I haven’t had the distinct pleasure of 2-manning them...yet. Hell, the other day someone LFG’d “Need 3 for CoP tank run”. I jumped on that sooo quick because they’re so much more fun! :D
    • Like x 1
  19. The Dackman New Player

Man why is everyone opposed to an early option of not trying to Troll in an alert which is not really helpful to anyone? You're just giving power (maybe) and not debuffing, shielding or crowd controlling either because most Trolls are trash who don't know their role. I'd rather have a crappy Dps than a barely functional Troll. But anyways defend support roles who do diddly squat. And no it would be nice if DI explained the Roleless buffs and Roles are chosen in random ques for Alerts since a lot of us including myself I'll admit seem confused on that.

I think the issue is 2 fold
    1. How you are framing it. You are stating people should play how you want them to. You may not mean that but that's how your post reads.
    2. You don't understand the queue system. I said it multiple times in my response, you have an option in the UI to solve that problem for you. You go under settings, then gameplay, then scroll down to "ENABLE ROLE OPTIONAL ALERTS" and turn it off. This will force the matchmaking system to put you into a balanced group with 1 player that has queued up as willing to to DPS, 1 willing to Troll, 1 willing to Tank, and one willing to Heal. The queue system isn't random if you don't let it be.

Hope that explains it better for you.
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This. There isn't a better reply in this thread.
    • Like x 1