Can players please stop queing in as Tanks and Controllers in Alerts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I'm sorry I might not quite understand your point to the fullest, it's a bit too hard to read through all the posts but as one who mostly tanks and trolls in alerts, I thought I'd chime in.

So... because you get potatoes who queue up as support but can't perform their roles well, only dps and healers are accepted? You do realize there are bad dps and healers out there as well? When some dps in your group makes less damage than a healer, wouldn't you prefer to have a troll or a tank instead of that dps?

Potatoes gotta potate regardless of the role.

I understand the frustration but random queues be like "you pays your money and you takes your chances". Game gives you tools to do the content in a manner you desire, so maybe try to use it? :oops: Yes it's not a perfect solution but it's better than nothing.
    I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, just trying to understand what this self-inflicted issue is. :oops:

I'm sorry but how someone q'ing up as troll/tank can prevent a healer getting in?

Why do you think it's not possible?
    I blind queue all the time and I actually prefer tank runs over healer runs. I tanked, I trolled, I healed, I dps'ed, I did'em all. I've beaten VMF with 1 tank and 3 dps setup or 1 tank + 1 troll + 2 dps just fine, same with COP and all other alerts before that. It is possible.
    If you're not happy with your current group, you better leave and find another one; or, as an extreme measure, kick underperformer out and get a good player in. No need to play masochist. :oops:

Though I agree that DCUO needs to have actual tutorials for roles.
    But there are so many players who don't bother to read, I'm afraid it will be less useful than expected. Even if you give people all the tools and instructions, sometimes they will simply not follow it. :(
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

No you can't finish current endgame Alerts with no healer but only a Tank or Controller. How hard was that to understand in my post?
    This is false. My friend was tanking and I went dps (As I usually heal) and we were 3 DPS and a tank in CoP Normal.
    Some people prefer to battle troll or battle tank and I absolutely don't mind. The only way I'll stop playing with someone is if they are being toxic towards me and this happened two days ago. Ignored them and kicked them from group.

So when we ran 3 DPS and a Tank I was streaming so you can find it on my channel and see it went smooth.
    No healer. As for BoP alert, I haven't tried without healer but you probably need to have really good damage output to be able to get past it.
    But again I haven't tried it without healing it. It's mostly Lex Luthor fight only as well.

As for Tutorials for roles Dragonnes I totally agree. But I don't think It's even in their plans because they trust the players to teach each other and not all players are kind enough or have the time to do so.
    • Like x 4
  3. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

I can... And I do it almost every day. If you can't, then problem in players, not in roles...
    • Like x 2
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

How is playing support roles in a alert making it harder for yourself or others? Sorry but you shouldnt get roleless buffs in ANY content it causes threads just like this 1 and mind sets just like yours. Where you think support roles only have the right to 8man content apparently and not 4man.
    • Like x 1
  5. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

First of all... why are you pugging VMF and COP? I never pug anything larger than a duo. Pug alerts and raids are always too much stress. Do them with your league.

Second of all... I find that both these alerts go much smoother with a Tank. Tank, Heal and 2 DPS... the perfect combo for an alert.

Yes, we don't need Trolls in alerts. But some people spec as pure trolls, so they have no choice. They need their marks too. Take one for the better of the community as a whole.
    • Like x 1
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's hilarious, because I run both VMF COP daily with a troll and 2 dps, some days 1 1 1 1 and we never have issues. If you didnt have to hide your sad damage behind 2 other DPS' having 1 of each role wouldnt be a issue.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

What server you on? And what faction you on?
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I think that is a problem with players and we just either learn to work around it or walk away from it. I remember, before the kick timer there was the kick until you got the role you wanted. Can't win, at least the roleless buffs are better now. *Shrug*
    • Like x 1
  9. Shadow Force Committed Player

Exactly
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yikes. Maybe you should learn how ques actually work before making a post like this.
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I agree with you, but the whole point of this thread is really that the op has zero clue how ques actually work. All that arrogance and shade thrown about how other players "should know", when they dont even know the basic function of the subject they are upset about.
    • Like x 3
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Actually, they said the cause of the thread was someone queuing as a heal or troll prevents a tank from being chosen for the alert.
    • Like x 1
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Your OP could be interpreted as pretty toxic as well
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I definitely prefer 3 dps and a heal in alerts, but it is for surely possible to finish them with a tank and 3 dps. There are people in this forum who solo endgame alerts as troll. Yes it takes forever and I wouldn't regularly choose to participate in an alert like that, but it can be done
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This was his main argument, which they then moved the gola posts to "people being bad at roles"
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You were already told how to prevent this lol
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Even without the roleless buffs it wouldn't stop people from stacking DPS and succeeding, that was occuring before roleless buffs were even a thing. The roleless buffs are there in any case to help speed up queue times and ensure success because it's better to have that than have people endlessly wait in queues for appropriate roles to turn up.

The type of player I'm referring too and no doubt leading to the OP even making the thread in the first place (acknowledging the fact he possibly doesn't understand the queue system entirely) are the dead weight support players, they're not doing their roles, they're not helping and they're literally just making it harder, because if they swapped DPS it'd more likely suceed even if they're not good at that either.

it is 100% true that sometimes the roleless buff, as sad as this is to say, is better than some support players, tragic I know but anyone with decent time in game running small content will attest to if they're being honest.

support roles have a right to be in 4 man content, but if you're going to do it, at least be good at it, don't go in there and try and be a battle troll giving very little power, running the wrong artifacts, not buffing anyone, never debuffing while just trying to pretend dps, it doesn't help anyone.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

hmmm well, still lol :p
    • Like x 1
  19. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Still, it is the player's decision to expend or not that extra cash. Don't forget that many players are not from North America, that $5 may actually be much less affordable to people on countries with a bad currency exchange rate to US dollar, just look at Argentina and Brazil.

This is true, but you will be underperforming the role when it would be better to have someone that have the artifacts.

We do get the extra gear eventually. But it all comes down if someone wants to commit to that 2nd role or not. Whether it's "laziness" or lack of interest in being a dps or artifacts or whatever, it's up to the player to decide what role they want to play. I still have a friend with a 1 character account, who only tanks and refuses to buy membership and anything else on the marketplace but the episodes, and that's on him. You will not convince him to become a dps, and if you don't like... Then put on ignore, because even if you bought all the necessary stuff for him, he still wouldn't change.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Don't get me wrong, I know people exactly like that also, I just personally think players should be prepared to play both the roles they're given in the game, we're given them for a reason ;)
    • Like x 1