Can Heroes and Villains add each other to their friend lists?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sprout Robinson, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Sprout Robinson Active Player

I, a hero character, played in Birds of Prey: Metropolis with a villain character who told very funny Harley Quinn jokes. I would like to add this character to my friend list but I don't like to assume, so I tried to send them an in-game email. I was told that the character could not be found. Then I thought, perhaps I can only send mail to friends? Perhaps I could go ahead and add them as a friend first and then send mail to double-check that they didn't mind, but when I tried to add them I got the same message. Can heroes not add villains as friends? I'm 99% sure I was spelling the name right, so I don't think that's the issue.
  2. Stardazer Committed Player

You most definitely can add friends from the opposite faction! That's very strange that you can't seem to find them on mail or friend list. Perhaps they're using a different number or letter to spell their name, such as use capital I in place of L, or number 0 instead of O. Try those variances. Hopefully you're able to find them and send them a message. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Walvine Well-Known Player

You can add them but games doesn't allow you to private message rival faction in game chat anyway , Ive never checked if custom chat setting include rival faction, So unfortunately mail system or local chatting are the options , 3rd party teamspeak apps maybe.
    Both players (character ids) must be friended on both characters for email list to update !.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Custom chat works to communicate between heroes and villains. My friends and I have at least 1 villain toon which we occasionally bring in to raids and alerts and we co-ordinate via custom chat.

As Stardazer said, check for any and all spelling variances.
    • Like x 5
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You definitely can have hero/villain friends, can send them email, share custom chat channels, invite to in-progress instances (unless those instances don't allow for cross-faction...like the hand of fate raids). Things you can't do with the opposite faction? Group up outside of an instance, send 'tell' messages, do hand to hand trades, use portable workstations.

Unfortunately I'd bet on the fact you were mis-spelling the name. Some people are good about wedging in an l instead of an I (those are a lower case 'L' and capital 'i' btw), and zeros look close enough to a capital O at a quick glance (as Stardazer said already...correctly). Although I can say I've seen where I go to add someone as friend or send a tell off the 'recent text' list, (which is auto populated so I'm not misspelling manually), and get ' player does not exist'. Not sure how that works as the player existed 30-40 seconds earlier when they shouted or sent me a tell, but hey...maybe Thanos crossed universes and snapped them away. Could be something like that too. Good luck finding your friend.
    • Like x 2
  6. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Can they really be friends. Too much bad blood.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2