Can FTP Players Use Lex Coins After Wonderverse Launches If They Hit The CR Window?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Hi everyone, I'm new and giving the game a go on Switch. Does anyone know the answer to this (and I guess the same would go for other episode currencies down the line). Of course, that's assuming open episodes are still going when I hit that CR. Thanks!
  2. Isif Committed Player

I'm fairly sure that you need to be Legendary or own the episode to spend the currency. Maybe someone else can either back me up or set me straight. You may be able to buy the purple set, but not the gold set. Again, not 100% on this.
    • Like x 1
  3. Chrise7 New Player

You will most likely not be able to teleport to BOP Metropolis, unless open episodes start including even the most recent episodes.
    Therefore, the only BOP vendor you will be able to visit is the one in Watchtower/Hall of Doom next to the teleporter, and I believe that one only sells purple scaling gear.
    • Like x 1
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Thanks, people. Right now, I'm able to buy the scaling gear and style items. Just curious if I should wait and hold on to the coins, bank some scalable stuff or what.
  5. myandria Item Storage

True, but it also sells the special gear/trinkets/materials that become available after content launch, such as Black Canary's jacket and Poison Ivy's hair.
  6. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

You may want to save some of those coins and not rush to get the scaling gear, as new scaling gear becomes available when new content launches. Any styles on the vendor are permanent additions, so you don't have to rush to get those, either. If you have a membership or decided to purchase BoP or any other content, then try not to level too fast to the new content CR; you will be stuck with only getting Source Marks from the latest content. Many players fall into the "OMG I'm so bored" category because of it.

I usually have access to Source Marks from two previous episodes plus the new one with each new content launch; that way, my toons always have a way to farm them.