Calcuation for the difference between DPS gear and Role gear?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Imaginos, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Is there a simple calculation to see what the stat difference between DPS gear and the stats on similar item level Role gear? Like just how much Might/Precision/Weaponization do you lose between DPS and tank/healer/controller?
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Guessing not. You'd probably have to do that yourself, jotting down the stats in excel and then calculating.
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Shame, that. Was hoping someone had made a chart or knew the differences overall. Well maybe I'll grind out some more Legion Bounties and at least look at the difference for my current CR on parts that are below my CR.
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Damage output is mitigated in open world bounties based on group sizes and the amount of damage being put on the boss. This is especially true on the ones with a timer.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

If you want a better punching bag for that, I'd recommend the Metal Titans, the Brine Hulk, or Hank Henshaw in Doomed Met. Hank makes an absolutely wonderful target.

And you can keep the jaw plating around to open bottles with after you rip his head off so win-win.
    • Like x 2
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

True. I was thinking more raw stats though. Like there is this amazing gadgets player that solos open world bosses and some instance bosses in controller role with full controller gear but all dps stat based arts and augments. And I've been doing some stuff on healers in dps mode with dps arts but half my gear healer so that the heals actually do something, because without any real resto those heals suck on a dps. Seems to be working out ok currently but I'm curious just how much might etc you're losing compared to what your're gaining.

I did manage to get some screencaps of almost the same level gear recently after grinding out bounties / dailies in Legion so I could buy an almost complete set of purples, which made almost all the greens I opened lower level so my CR didn't move. I'll have to compile the images soon and can post the differences here later on.