Buying renown with source marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Engendro Nefasto, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

Hi everyone players and dev team,
    I was wondering if is feasible to let us buy or acquire renown to buy elite or enhance gear since is really hard to get to the elite raids.
    Thanks in advance for your time and efforts to make DCUO better.
    Fernando
    • Like x 1
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 15
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

No it's not hard
    • Like x 3
  4. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

You can "acquire" renown by running elite content. Get into a good league and run the content. Buying renown is not feasible at all. If you want the gear you need to put in the work.
    • Like x 5
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Absolutely not lol
    • Like x 6
  6. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

Hard to "put in the work" if you are queuing for hours and nobody play those.
    Good leagues are very hard to come by as well.
    • Like x 3
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Lfg
    • Like x 3
  8. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

There's this lovely little tool in chat tabs. It's called LFG.
    People post league recruiting in there and elite runs. There are Facebook pages dedicated to this game with people openly posting their leagues. It's not difficult.
    • Like x 3
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

LFG is where you really need to 'put in the work', most runs are pretty easy once everyone is over geared. You need to initiate a run. Shout in LFG for GoME, USE, HIVE-E, etc... 'Feat run' and you will almost always get takers...even if you don't need the feats, it's an incentive to get some people in...people like feats. It will take a while, but will be a lot faster than attempting to queue up. You are correct, no one will be blind queuing an Elite raid. The only time an Elite queue will pop is if another group is already in, loses a player and gets frustrated trying to fill a spot so they open it up. Runs like PANE and ZOOE are running constantly as there are high priced drops in there.

And yes, if you can get in a good league, it makes it much easier but it's not a requirement.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  10. Jensu Well-Known Player

There's lovely little thing in the game, it's called league, join a league and they will help you though elite, there is no reason for anyone to buy renown, that would be a slap on the face to all of us who put in the hours of work earning our renowned
    • Like x 1
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Eh try fie try with a terrible healer then say that
    • Like x 2
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Renown for different Factions already IS available for purchase via Source Marks, from certain Vendors in the game. The only way I was able to obtain enough Renown with STAR Labs for one of my characters to be able to get the STAR Labs Emblem for his costume was to use Source Marks to BUY Renown from the appropriate vendor in the Watchtower, because there just is NOT enough content in the game that grants Renown, and the content that is there, is too hard to get into due to almost non-existent player population in the Queues for it. :(

So, to answer the Original Poster, YES, you absolutely CAN use Source Marks to BUY Renown, at least for the initial Factions that you encounter early in the game. I haven't been as worried about obtaining Renown in the newer content yet. :oops:

P.S. Pro Tip -- Before heading into missions where you want to gain Renown, make sure to hit up the Marketplace for Renown Booster Packs and use one before entering the mission(s) so you can gain Renown even faster! ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Marek Committed Player

As mainly a solo and duo person, I would absolutely love elite solos and duos. I've even asked for them a couple times. Imo there's absolutely no reason they cant be in the game. But, you know, dont wanna take away from that 87 replay cost vs 12 .... pity
    • Like x 2
  14. Brit Loyal Player

As an alternative to purchasing Elite Gear with Source Marks, I would rather see Vendor 00 and Vendor 22 updated to include the next batch of styles (including Enhanced Styles). Then players can get those enhanced styles by spending Source Marks, but they will never actually have the Elite gear with the Elite stats. And with the style waves, it would only present an alternative for content so old that nobody really wants to run it anyways.
    • Like x 3
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

I have the opposite question.

Please can we sell our excess renown tokens for something meaningful like source marks or DLC currency? Even if it was one coin per token.
    • Like x 3
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sorry brotha....but that's not how the Renown Boosters work. You pop a renown booster for the Elite Raid renown and then consume the Elite Renown tokens which then boost the XP value for the renown. It doesn't make Renown drop faster....you get renown after defeating each Elite Boss from Amazon Fury 3 and onwards.
    • Like x 2
  17. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

Yes I will like a solo elite, so I don't have to be waiting for hours to earn the renown I need, and since we are at that, why not also do a solo for the stabilizer fragments event? I am kind of tired of AFK players on those.
  18. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Solo elites are a pretty bad idea in my opinion, they'd most likely exacerbate the problem of people having trouble finding groups to run elite raids with- who wants to put in the effort and time of joining a raid and working through several tough encounters relying on a team when you can just drop money on replay tokens and breeze through a solo over and over again?

As for all players in stabilizer fragments just ditch them. I don't start fighting enemies until they're in there with me and if they take too long I drop from the instance and re-queue.
    • Like x 2
  19. Marek Committed Player

I think it would alleviate some of the problems myself, plus it's not really economic to keep replaying solos when it's cheaper to replay a raid once for 8 marks vs replay a solo for 8 Marks. Also, it gives players more avenues to obtain elite gear and not pigeonholing them to just a raid. Plus it's more content. Same content but more at the same time.
    • Like x 2
  20. Kaminuse Active Player

Solo elite is not a bad idea, with so far less renown per boss and weekly locked, this could be work. I’d like to see others ways to farm elite gear besides raids or alerts, but buying renown doesn’t make sense.