Buyer's remorse system

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OnlyNomad, Oct 14, 2021.

1. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Hey devs,

After reading another thread, I was thinking if it would be possible to incorporate a buyer's remorse system for vendors in-game? What I mean by that is, if you purchase something off a vendor be it gear, materials, auras, trinkets, etc. for a specific currency (Source Marks, Wayne Tokens, etc.), you have let say 30 seconds to trade it back for the same amount of currency you've purchased the item for.

It's happened to me a few times where the menu/game glitches or by my own mistake, where I purchased the wrong item or the wrong piece of gear. This idea would make those mistakes a lot less unforgiving, I don't remember exactly if there's always a prompt to confirm what your purchasing but I could swear it's not always the case.

I don't know if this could be abused or if it could be put in the game entirely but it would be quite neat. Hopefully you consider it.

Also here's the thread that sparked my idea;

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ving-with-accidental-vendor-purchases.318730/
    • Like x 6
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah. sounds good to me. I'd up it to a minute's grace, meself. I've not done it often, but I have done it before ( & it's never with something cheap, is it? bloody ever! ). all for it. two spongy thumbs up ( my thumbs are feeling oddly spongy today ).
    • Like x 1
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Meh, go slow.
    There is no rush and the menus can glitch when you try an go to fast.
    I have yet to make this mistake because i take my time in menus, i dbl check, tripple check and make darn sure i wanna do what im about to do.
    If you rush, its on you.
    The menu aint glitching and screwin you. You are rushing and mis-clicking and screwin yourself.
    • Like x 1
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The main issue is if you use the item for a feat and then sell it back. This could be changed in a way that only non integrated items are resellable within x seconds.
    The next problem is, that many item are tradeable so it has to be assured that the item can't get resold as soon as it leaves the person that purchased it. Else this could be abused for currency trading.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Y’all are way over thinking this.
    Just chill when skimming a vendor and purchasing stuff. Take your time and be sure before clicking. Its really that simple. We dont need to over-engineer a system to fix mistakes you make. Just dont make the mistake in the first place. Thats the fool proof system ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Star Wars: The Old Republic has this for things purchased from the Marketplace, but I honestly don't recall if it's there for items in the Vendors. But on the Marketplace items, you have at least 24 hours to return it if it hasn't been used/redeemed onto a character. So, there's already a precedent for this idea in at least one other MMORPG, and it's a darn good idea In My Opinion. Because we're all only human, mistakes happen, and Buyer's Remorse happens.

So put me down as being in favor of this one. I have spoken! ;)
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

World of Warcraft had this kinda system in Cataclysm, where if you purchased the wrong piece of gear, you could return in within that hour for a full return of marks. I think it couldn't be equipped however.

Wish FF14 had that system, i accidently purchased a piece of gear i already had with weekly marks. It sucked xD.

Edit:

Modern World of Warcraft and Burning Crusade Classic

Most items can be refunded by talking to any vendor within two hours. If you log out after purchasing the item, the two hour timer will continue to count down.

To prevent mistakes, whenever an action removes the refund timer, the game will pop-up a confirmation message that you need to acknowledge and accept. For example, when you equip, enchant, upgrade, or transmog the item.