Building a gaming PC, almost all latest tech.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by High Troller, Jan 6, 2018.

1. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

If you run into any trouble with running DCUO on that system PM me. The GPU load on my 1050 is rarely on 50 %, so yours should be below that.
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

was gonna do this my self this year as I also have the PC upgrade bug but my reasoning won suite instead of totally rebuilding this year since I plan on moving I can't really spare the funds so I went the cheaper route. I just went with a new graphics card and swapping out all the fans in my case to just breath new life into the system and make it cheaper for next year to do a rebuild as I already have the graphics card so the rebuild will be much less in Fund requirements

side note you could have saved your self a pretty penny going the Risen 5 1600X route with its extra specs easily keeps up with most of the newer chips and a fraction of the cost
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

supposedly high refresh+high resolution gaming is game changing these days. i'm about to find out first hand myself. i used to only play games at 1024x768 at 30 fps. for many many years. i have evolved beyond dcuo. i plan to try all the popular multiplayer games for the first time....and with nice hardware to go with it. i'm retiring a system like yours.
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

ryzen outperforms usually at single thread performance. some of the games i plan to play thrive on the i7. i made part picking based on asus aura rgb compatibility and gaming performance.
    • Like x 1
  5. E Clip Dedicated Player

Its normal for games in UE3 engine, it utilizes the CPU more rather than the GPU. UE3 only cares about single threaded performance and doesnt benefit from multi core CPUs, I think it utilizes 2 at most.

Its the other way around, Ryzen is good for multi core utilization, while Intel is the king of single threaded performance, which is why Intel beats Ryzen in high end gaming rigs (above 120 fps at 1080p), most games dont utilize more than 4 cores and care only about single threaded performance.
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

By the way, my intention for this thread was not to have an AMD vs Intel war. I'm building this PC to enjoy newer games with the large cash budget I have.
  7. E Clip Dedicated Player

I think you're over reacting, I simply corrected you on the single threaded performance thing.
  8. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Ahhh so this is how PC master race wrgue with each other? Can't wait 4 ps5 to come so I can make fun of a ps4 player. But seriously. I don't know that much about computers but it seems this is your passion. I know what it feel like when ppl make fun of your passion when you go all in.

Congrats and have fun
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

A passion to move on from this game. I'll still do dailies and weeklies, but grinding has officially ended for me.

This computer will be a far different experience for me because I never played in high refresh.

Definitely NOT built with DCUO in mind.
    • Like x 1
  10. High Troller Loyal Player