Build for Mental DPS?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lara, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Lara Committed Player

Anyone know a good DPS Mental build for might?

-Thank you
  2. Lara Committed Player

Still looking for a good loadout.
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

gosh they did such a good job with mental during the revamp you'd think there would be a stampede of players flocking to this thread to share with you the many versatile builds that came about as a result.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Yeah during Revamp Mental and Gadgets were virtual clones of each other and they were both terrible. Penryn posted a TON of feedback about all the problems with gadgets and got that power set cleaned up, Mental had no such champion, and didn't really pick up the same kinds of fixes.

If Hybrid play style were a thing, Mental would be king. the two strong DOTs with 6-second cool downs, the Mass Hysteria precision-focused Supercharge, and the extra damage from Invisibility procs shine in that kind of situation. Yeah I know... that's not how the game is played today.

If you run the Grim Artifact for applying a PI try something like

Terror Tendrils - Psychic Prison - Phantom Flames - Mass Terror - TK Bolt - Invisibility

TT -> MT -> PF -> TT -> TB -> PP -> Repeat

If you can stay within mid-range of your targets that should be decent AOE damage. Clip in Invisibilty whenever you can for extra single target damage.

For single target, AV has a bunch of ideas in this thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...every-power-and-how-to-build-test-them.307346
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this is actually very similar to the loadout i'm currently using. i've swapped out psychic prison for mass lev. nothing worse than throwing down your psychic prison only to have ads pulled away from it. with mass lev i get a few dots (even if it doesnt really work in alerts or raids) and i get a nice pi if i follow it up with tk bolt and i use terrorize in place of phantom flames.

hate to say it but at best this is a "middling" loadout just like every other loadout i've tried and after three years of seeing poor numbers with dozens of different loadouts its just going to piss me off all over again.

the excuse of not having a champion during the revamp is a poor one. relying on testers feedback or lack thereof is what brought about the whole "gorilla ball glitch" and is why nature got so op in the first place. it was testers overemphasizing how op mental was with its AM is why it got so nerfed. mental was not op during its AM days. It hit hard but it was a broken mechanic that brought it over the top. That should have been fixed and left at that. its why those testers either changed their usernames or left the boards and the game in shame.

when my 150 sp nature toon with a bunch of healer artifacts awaiting breakthroughs at 79 and 99 and 59 can hit harder than my main with full elite gear and three 200 artifacts and 500 plus skill points something is off...and its only taken three years to fix it...

sadly many of the issues with mental (especially those revolving around invisibility and how it lags and makes other powers in our loadout unable to be used for a rotation or two) have been reported to be "unfixble"...
    • Like x 1
  6. Siramez Well-Known Player

this could help
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

thats not a mental loadout.