Build and Play Your Characters Like Never Before with Armories!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 16, 2014.

1. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I like spending my SOE kickback for subscribing on extra character slots.
    I don't like being told that I need to use them on armories if I want to use the armory system as intended.
    I understood that my subscription was giving me full access to the game. I do not feel like I am being given full access to the armory system with just one armory when it requires 2 to use the armory system as intended.

I like making new characters.
    • Like x 2
  2. Veritas New Player

[IMG]

MEPPS, can we get the other style/lair armories to be this size? would be a lot better!!!
    • Like x 3
  3. Mademoiselle Chenault New Player

I started playing dcuo a little over a year ago after I had my first child I can honestly say that these armories are like the best thing ever! lol. No more writing down color codes in my notebook anymore lol Thank you to everyone who made these possible. q(Ö_<)p
    • Like x 7
  4. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

When do these go live? I logged in and ate the amenity but it doesn't show up in the the decor mode. Have they not been released or are they just very buggy?
  5. wulff420 New Player

thats a bummer i been on test server playing with armories for free and knew i would need two and knew there was going to be only 1 free but i surely did not expect the item in the market to be more points than i had and charging 600 points is wrong when they are supose to cost 4 dollars cash wich means 400 points because if you buy points you get 500 for 5 dollars so thats a bit imbalanced specialy if you only subbed for 1 month or like me spent 2 months of subbing on a bunch of silly styles because it was your birthday when i normaly stored em in case i needed them grr thats a bit frustrating please consider pricing them at 400 points or at least 500 points thank you
    • Like x 1
  6. JustaWolf New Player

Under regular base inventory just type in armory in search bar
    • Like x 2
  7. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Thanks Again Mepps and Devs,

I will enjoy experimenting on how to best use these.

Eshish
    • Like x 1
  8. Qoojo New Player

So does one armory allow you to toggle between two spec instantly? The reason for my confusion is that the seems to say that one armory will store one spec. So if there is only one stored, I don't see what you can switch too. Unless your original spec is always stored and does not need to besaved.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You can manually switch/respec out just as you always have, then use the Armory to switch back (with just one).
  10. Phil Miller Committed Player

I couldn't disagree more. I don't think there is enough cool stuff to buy in the marketplace. I own the majority of the items in the market place and would happy spend more money to fund this game if they came out with more usable items like the Armories.
    • Like x 4
  11. Dirty Fred New Player

Here is my 2 inprints on my 2 Main characters;)!

Dirty Fred here...
    [IMG]
    Jebu Nagazi here...
    [IMG]

So far it seems to work as intended;)!
    • Like x 1
  12. Qoojo New Player

Right, so after switching with the armory, with only 1 armory, to go back to the 1st spec, you would need to go respec right?

Original spec -> use armory to change to armory spec -> ??? How do I get back to original spec

Respec or is it as simple as turning off the armory spec?
  13. JustaWolf New Player

2 questions (they may have been asked already).
    If i set an armory in base1 with a saved load out. Then decide to move it to base2. 1. is this do able? 2. will i have to rewrite the armory? i dont want to try it in case i lose something.
    thanks in advance.
  14. Phil Miller Committed Player

I completely agree. I'm not sure why a lot of people feel like things should be given to them for free. This game needs revenue to fund the content everyone demands. The Armories are reasonably priced and are very functional.
    • Like x 4
  15. Syrie New Player

I see a lot of complaints from people not able to spec with shield if they don't have a DLC. I just want to post something honest and true. All games that offer a free to play are designed to sooner or later have you spend money. Free to play is a advertisement to get you to pay for the game, you aren't suppose to enjoy the entire game and all of its content for free. Nobody would ever make money that way, and that is just something you shouldn't even ask for. Yes, I understand paying month for a game is a bit much, but think of it this way. A brand new video game, which you will more than likely beat in a week is about 60 dollars. You can take that same 60 dollars and get 4 months of play from DCUO. I personally don't even play this game unless I am legendary, to me its pointless just because of the repairs in the T5 content. SO please, just think about my post before you complain that you, as a free player, are not getting enough benefits when you play, FOR FREE!
    • Like x 6
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But you DO have full access to the game. The armory is a marketplace accessory that is NOT essential for game progression. And WHERE exactly was armories promised as part of your subscription???
    • Like x 5
  17. TyRe603 New Player

So if changing is disabled in PVP combat, does that mean if I am roaming different areas doing missions or farming and in PVE gear and I get attacked by a villain, I cannot quick switch to my PVP gear from my armory?
  18. Phil Miller Committed Player

Having to purchase an additional Armory will not do anything to negatively impact player retention. Seems a little drastic to say Armories broke DCUO's back.
    • Like x 3
  19. Silverdash New Player

well played, make it so we have to buy 1 more. Genius plan to extort us, because you know the fact that they are there makes em irresistible to us, we desperately want to not have to do it manually now that we have been afforded the luxury. I'm disappointed in y'all Mepps. The old staple of providing "free" things is to let the ftp and or premium people get a complete taste of what it is, then put it on the marketplace so u have to spend to buy more, but with this you basically gave us a lock, and asked us to pay for the key to get the treasure. Sound familiar? I'm thinking PROMETHEUM lockboxes, except armories aren't tradeable. I'm legendary and i can afford it so this is nothing to me, but i feel bad for the people who would spend 600 sc on changing their power set or getting a new dlc rather than buy an armory. The opportunity cost for those people is too high.
  20. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

This is awesome.... but I'm having troubles....

I'm trying to imprint a build on an armory and I keep getting the message...

"Cannot active a build while transformed"

I've had no troubles with the others I set up....

My toon is acrobat and it appears this something to do with the "Joker Jet Pack"?

So... I can't have a flight build for bit farming??? :(