Build and Play Your Characters Like Never Before with Armories!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tukuan Devoted Player

Not really, if you created a toon while subbed with a shield as the primary weapon it would still be a weapon choice if you used the respec machine (and not a token). So you could still create a loadout where you spent the balance of your SP on a different weapon and in another imprint use your shield.
  2. Twilight Man New Player

It's interesting how your attitude towards those of us (like myself) not wanting account bound skill points was "you dont have to use them, you can keep grinding like normal as it doesnt affect you". Yet in reality someone grinding skill points slowly would be less desirable than someone who auto switched a bunch of skill points in 5 minutes.

Yet here we have armories that you want account bound. In no way do you need an armory...yet you basically want to pay less for it regardless of the fact you get one for free. If you don't want to pay for it then you can continue switching stats manually as people with armories shouldn't affect you right?

Just saying man.
    • Like x 2
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

I think your Y, S and R keys may be broken :)

But yes, about 70% of the current size would be better, that said some are smaller than others. Specifically Industrial and Cave.
  4. Powerman New Player

Why are they so huge? is there a space requirement for the backside?
  5. Sophittia Well-Known Player

I also hate the size.
    I have the penthouse ones and they're huge compared to the gear I'm displaying in them.
    Makes them looks so awkward and out of place.

I'd be happier with bigger displays then smaller armories though.

The 2-3 second delay when switching gear is also an annoyance but I assume that'll be fine tuned at some point which I can wait for :)
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well if you turn out to be right (this isn't the reality just yet) realize this: In your scenario, you Queue up and it's 3 healers...if you don't have an Armory or aren't using it for a DPS spec, they can't expect you to change...but if you're right that others will have them, what are the odds that the other two healers will be in the same position as you?? Chances are one of them will have an armory or two and will be able to change...therefore no need to kick you.

Second, the community has been going to the toilet as of late (as you have noted)...if you really want to avoid getting kicked for silly BS like this: Make friends (if you didn't delete me, you can count me as one). Join a good league and become a valued member (it'll save you some PUG grief). Last but not least, FORM YOUR OWN GROUPS. Sure, there's still no guarantee that things won't go south on you, but you improve your chances.

This new and welcome convenience will open many possibilities...and we should all be celebrating, instead of looking for negatives. It's up to all of us to make sure this stays a positive. You can't talk about the community as if you're somehow separate from it. So work on doing your part to improve this community and stop putting so much negative energy out here/there.

Save up your loyalty points for 4 months, buy a 4 pack. Who knows, maybe in a month or two after that there might be a sale. Grab a few more then. Don't get so frustrated just because you can't afford to or justify purchasing so many right at this very moment (hell, I have the money to buy more than two bundles right at this instance...but i'm only going to go for 2 bundles for now...and patiently wait for a sale to go on a crazy spending spree).
    • Like x 1
  7. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

1. Do they save colour palette loadouts as well as the styles? (I find it such a nightmare changing colours, I can never find the ones I had before)
    2. They affect styles but not skin/hair styles, why?
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, the free one is not shared-bankable.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The should save both 1 and 2.
    • Like x 1
  10. Powerman New Player

yep, very tiny orin :)
  11. WeiTaiTan New Player

Noticed that there is an aesthetic bug for dual wield - each weapon is colored differently.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Circe New Player

I don't want to pay less for them, I want them to be account-wide so all characters get them when I buy 1. I'd gladly buy one for 10 bucks if all my characters could get it.
    • Like x 4
  13. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

The system is designed to require two armories to function as intended.

You can just switch to a stored armory set-up; there is no "switch back".

The function that you mention can only be done with 2 armories; one to switch to a stored armory set-up and another to switch to another stored armory set-up that has the stored information related to the set-up that you had before you switched to the first armory's stored set-up.

To make that clear.
    You use one armory to store your current character set-up.
    You then respect and/or change your character's armor, role, etc. and store that set-up in a second armory.
    Then you can switch back to your set-up stored in Armory 1.
    Then you can switch back to the second set-up stored in armory 2.

With one Armory, if you want to you can suddenly load the single armory's set-up as long as you aren't in PVP combat at the time.
    If you want to switch back you have to do it all manually through your inventory, styles, and/or respect.

The feature to "switch back" is already there as far as the DEVs is concerned - it's called a second armory.

I've voiced my concerns in regards to this based on a subscriber's point of view, but, at least for now, subscribers won't get full access to the armory system without purchasing a second armory ... per character.
  14. Tweek New Player

Thanks for the free armory. I think its a very good idea :) I will love to switch between roles. Can't wait til you guys give electric dps a few tweeks to bring it up to par with the rest of the other powers dps (like hl or celeste) to try it out.
    • Like x 1
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Do armories save gear or just the respec?
  16. Powerman New Player

That is actually cool looking...too bad it will be fixed
    • Like x 3
  17. MercPony Devoted Player

Both! Styles too.
  18. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Love the armories.

Only complaint is I wish I could change the color of the mannequin's skin as white clashes with my outfit.
    • Like x 1
  19. MercPony Devoted Player

Or that the mannikins included hair...
    • Like x 3
  20. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

• Today when you want to switch back from your armory's set-up you will have to take time to set each and every one of those options (loadout/style/gear/powers/skills) to your preference.
    • As of today, there is no easy way to switch back from an armory set-up unless you have a second armory.
    There is something to complain about, but you don't feel a need to complain apparently.

I feel -and I'm sure some other subscribers do as well - that two armories are what are necessary to use the system as intended and feel that our subscription promised us full access to the game. I don't think anyone has been asking for any more than is necessary to use the system as intended nor complaining that we should have to pay an additional amount for armories above the 2 necessary to use the system as intended. (other than the fact that they are being sold per character instead of per account, thus, punishing players that play more than one character on a per character basis for making additional characters).

I feel it should be a legendary perk. I'm sure other subscribers do as well.
    • Like x 1