Build and Play Your Characters Like Never Before with Armories!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Respecing to Shield requires the Last Laugh or membership.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

I understand what you are saying but the idea in my head that armories gave me was the first one id be able to swap between at least my PvE and PvP gear and with that idea, i was excited, i PLANNED to buy several armories 2 would've held me over just fine for gear, the rest i planned to use for styles but im only able to show off 4 sets?
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It seems like you agree that having 2+ Armories would be great, but that you don't want to pay. That's a valid opinion, but one we have to agree to disagree on.
    • Like x 5
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You can use the Shared Bank to move them to other characters.
    • Like x 1
  5. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

What happened to the 15 pack for $60...currently i have to pay an extra $4 for an armory i dont need.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is incorrect. You can re-imprint and update your Armory as often as you like.
    • Like x 1
  7. Wreckshot Well-Known Player

Just want to quickly jump in about 1 Armoury being 'Useless'.

Yes, in terms of the role-swapping function, you can't switch roles with only 1 pod. However, you get a display case for your base, for free! A display case, for absolutely nothing.

Don't get me wrong, there's stuff to grumble about, but I think focusing on something that is free, is somewhat unproductive.

Also keep in mind, if we got 2 pods, then there's no reason to buy any more, meaning the work the devs have done, results in no money. IE: It's bad, yo!

TL;DR Think of the first pod as a room decoration. :)
  8. Twilight Man New Player

I wouldn't have mentioned that one Mepps lol. but ah well, least the crying should stop now.

...for legendary subscribers anyway.
  9. Captain Wonder Active Player

I was hoping to be able to make my bane inspired guy. To finally be able. To go from. Big to massive depending on my armory. Set up but no I forgot they charge us to change size so that's out why not make it free to change size than add. It to armory.at least for legendary members you can't. Be making that much off size change
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That is your choice not to spend your money. As far as the many marketplace items go, having lots of choices is great...if you can't afford them all, it's too bad for you, but that's the way life is. At the end of the day, you still have choices you can make...and no one is forcing you to make any in this case.
    • Like x 5
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You can have up to 16 visible if you have 4 bases.
    • Like x 1
  12. ADG New Player

You can buy an 8-pack. I am not sure if that means you can have that many in one base though. Some folks expected it to be like CoH, where you could switch on the fly. And they may actually happen at some point. While you still have the issue of a full respect via station, it's not so bad to have a free trip back.

My gripe now is not being able to buy the 8-pack just yet. But I have no idea what I could with 8 anyway. I might need to start picking brains for ideas. And don't worry. You get some use out of this at least. And keep pushing your ideas. There might be a dev that has the same ideas as you. That would be some kind of awesome!.
  13. Xang New Player

Mepps, Can you take the free one you get from other chars and place them in the shared bank if you didn't need it for that char? Also thank for his amazing gift I already have ideas flying around in my tiny lil mind. :)
  14. Circe New Player

Sadly, the community is different. I can imagine people requiring others to have armories. Which is partly why I wanted these to be account wide, because my alts now are going to have a hard time in the instances. People who have armories will be wanted more than those without. Queuing up and getting in an instance with 3 other healers is frustrating, and will cause whoever doesn't have an armory to switch to DPS role to be kicked. I don't think these are good for community the way they're putting them out.
    • Like x 4
  15. savageprime New Player

Mepps and all dcuo devs thanks for this!! Though I disagree with alot you do I love the armorie idea and im buying 8 of them just for the heck of it because I have many ideas for uses and I for one have waited quite a long time. So regardless of all the complainers and whiners who dont even have to spend their money of they dont want to I for one am happy its finally here. To be able to support my league with role or gear specc at the drop of a dime is excellent. So yes I will be buying some and regardless of what many complainers post on here they will be buying at least one also. Its a business and I know this and you have a product I want and in the spirit of capitalism we shall exchange monies for product.
    • Like x 1
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

The free one that you get from the journal entry is non-tradable. Any that you buy from the marketplace are.

It should stand to reason otherwise people would just make toons, level them to 12, trade the armory and delete them ad nauseum.
    • Like x 2
  17. The Kid New Player

So basically armories are useless to premium players who subbed before a made a character with a shield
    • Like x 1
  18. tukuan Devoted Player

Then make your alt role the imprint. You always enter an instance in your primary mode, and if they want you to change you now have that option. Solutions abound :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Captain Wonder Active Player

Anyyyyoone else want ssize change in. Armorries
    • Like x 1
  20. RINGMA$TER New Player

Excellent!!! I know what I'm doing after work. Keep up the good work guys.
    • Like x 1