Bug with Ice Shields

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Drift Hazard, Sep 16, 2013.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

You can actually see the reflect animation get stripped off of you. Is the only reason I didn't notice it up to now because, even undergeared, throwing a power and blocking in T4 is still good enough most of the time? Thank goodness for Bitter Winds.
  2. Infernale New Player

3. Sumeric New Player

That's how i read it too. But since i'm on PS3, I cant test it. I hope someone on the test server looks at this, and also at Winter Ward detaunting in tank role.
  4. iSimply New Player

"Getting" is spelling wrong. Can't believe this pic.
  5. Infernale New Player

Actually, now I read it again it makes sense, it's saying that starting out with reflection is then "stomping out" the effect of SR if you cast it next.

I haven't tested anything about WW detaunting in tank role (this would probably take a fair bit of group-based testing to figure out), but the other issue of Reflect followed by WW or SR appears to have been fixed, but there is still no "stacking", you just end up with the SR or WW shield, the 10,000+dom shield of Reflect looks like it's cancelled - I've created a thread in testing feedback to see if this is intentional.
  6. Sumeric New Player

If they don't let them stack, I'd personally could learn to live with that. Its still a much better alternative than using one after another and ending up with no shield whatsoever.
    • Like x 1
  7. The God New Player

Exactly, jesus christ it's so annyoing.
  8. TheKent Well-Known Player

Bumping because my winter ward still drops aggro....anyone else?
  9. Tudar New Player

the last message from this thread was from 3 months ago. Ice shields have been hotfixed to work properly and not over write or leave you shieldless.

Currently there is issue's with tank agro though, If you are not already on the hate list, your taunt won't work. So you need to do a weapon attack and then taunt.
  10. TheKent Well-Known Player

I knew that but what I'm h
    I know that but what I'm having an issue with is every time i hit winterward hank or sinestro immediately jump to someone else....any thoughts.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You may want to post in the thread regarding that bug instead of a thread topic belonging to a different, fixed bug.

12. TheKent Well-Known Player

Thank you.
  13. Thedumme103 Well-Known Player

Reflection also fails if you use WW to breakout and then for some reason use Reflection while the shield from WW is still active.
  14. xColdFront Committed Player

This is how it's supposed to be. When you use reflection don't pop another shield till you start taking damage again or wait 8 seconds. Bitter winds still stacks with shatter restraints or winter ward. Hard light shield stacks with any shield. Personal dampening field stacks with any shield.
  15. xColdFront Committed Player

Your popping your shields to fast this is how it's supposed to be please watch this video. You're are not supposed to be able to just stack all your shields you need to learn what stacks with what.

16. Minrath Well-Known Player

yup same problem on my ice tank.After playing a rage, earth and fire and noticing no real problems I tried gearing my ice up a bit and he's just not able to do the job as well as the others.
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Reflect keeps disappearing when I use my shatter restraints. I thought this bug was fixed? Why do bugs cycle? Are they now going to break bitter winds again when they fix this bug? Then break this again when they fix bitter winds? Sheesh...
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

A rumor in game led me to check this. Seems it is just the animations that are off compared to what we're used to, but they may have been fixed since shatter restraints is a different shielding effect than reflection; the shield effects themselves seem fine in terms of damage absorption.