Bug with Ice Shields

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Drift Hazard, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Charlie Fantom New Player

That's more in line but, with Ice shield its pretty much fire and forget with their shields where as fire you are more reliant on blocking and the skill of the healer. Your also more prone to one shots that Ice would just shrug off, if not careful. Honestly I have no love for ice's edge since Nexus. It took me a hell of a lot longer to finally beat this raid mostly due to Fires unpopular presence within this content. So to hear someone who uses ice cry about not having shields just makes me role my eyes in derision. Go fire and try to beat the same content is all I have to say.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mr Iceblock New Player

Has there been any news on this yet?
    • Like x 1
  3. Scion Of Society Well-Known Player

"That's more in line but, with Ice shield its pretty much fire and forget with their shields where as fire you are more reliant on blocking and the skill of the healer. Your also more prone to one shots that Ice would just shrug off, if not careful. Honestly I have no love for ice's edge since Nexus. It took me a hell of a lot longer to finally beat this raid mostly due to Fires unpopular presence within this content. So to hear someon
    Funny I've beat all raids as ice and fire, and yeah trying to ice tank without shields is like trying to fire tank without health increase, you should try that and not block and see where it gets you!
    • Like x 2
  4. Belgicano New Player

• Like x 2
  5. Scion Of Society Well-Known Player

Devs, Are you still looking into this? It kinda feels like no one has said anything about this with a green name in a while...
  6. Infernale New Player

When you say "still" and "in a while" - you make it sound like a green name has actually confirmed this issue at some point? They certainly haven't added anything to this thread yet :(
    • Like x 1
  7. The Klepto New Player

I have a ice tank as well. Same issues I'm having.
    • Like x 1
  8. Infernale New Player

You need to remember to like the first post of the thread guys, higher score means it gets looked at/fixed faster (apparently).
    • Like x 5
  9. Mr Iceblock New Player

Didn't know. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lockestar New Player

Good find! Hopefully they will get it taken care of soon. Thanks for posting.
    • Like x 1
  11. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Looks like I can give this thread to Infernale since he's running the show more often than I do. lol
    • Like x 3
  12. Infernale New Player

Heh, my healer and my tank are the two characters I'm spending the most time on at the moment, and it's just annoying to not be able to use the breakout powers in a reflex situation (like myself or a group member being countered) without removing my shielding in the process.
  13. Belgicano New Player

14. CAAR New Player

Shields has always been bugged. Pop a shield and its gone from a 400+ hit.
    add your dominance and restore and is 1000+
    Read combat tab and you see you activated shield and it says it absorbs ONCE for a damage of 400-600
    and it breaks....

even with T5 gear, 1300+ res and control role 900+ dom and 1200 Restore
    Combat tab shows proof, absorbs even 2 hits of 200's and it breaks, even in t3 alerts and duos.
  15. Epic New Player

I put in a ticket for this and received a reply they are working on it....

Hello EpicIcyHot,

This is currently a known issue which we have reported to our development team. We hope to have it fixed in a future game update. If there is anything further you need assistance with feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Senior GM Volom
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please look at Ice Tank shields. Is this a known problem? See video posted on forums. This is the exact problem (not my video).

Use Shattered Restraints OR Winter Ward and get a SHIELD buff for 6s. If you use either of them on their own or after any power.
    EXCEPT Reflect. If you use REFLECT and then use “either” Winter Ward OR Shattered Restraint within the 6s of Reflect…you have NO SHIELD. Hit F1 and both Shield is not present for the current power Winter Ward or Shattered Restraint.
    Repeating. Winter Ward and Shatter Restraint you gain 6s shield. Using either of them after Reflect and within 6s after using reflect you have NO SHIELD for winter ward or shattered restraint.
    • Like x 4
  16. SonOfKalel New Player

Oh that's why in paradox and nexus when I pop reflection to save me then have to use winter ward or shatter it doesn't absorb and then I'm one shout, plz look into this further.:confused:
  17. King Nero New Player

okey... now first of all why would you use reflection+ other shield? so stupid... reflection is very strong shield doesnt need another shield stack to cover the damege... this is just playing stupid if you clip reflection shield with SR or WW...

now second thing you can stack bitter winds and shatteir restraints, third thing you dont do winter ward at all because to long casting time and you cant clip other powers with it = its crap.

and last thing i wanted to say is that this bug is actually good, because tank should not spam his shields and clip with all he has, only stupid tanks play like this, clipping reflection with shatteir restraints BIG LOL, learn how to play ice tank and not complain, learn the F.. power before you complain.
  18. Belgicano New Player

WW - Tank Role Provides immunity to control effects and removes control debuffs to you and up to three teammates and damages attacking enemies

SR - Tank Role : Provides immunity to up to three teammates.

i think you have no idea what we are talking about here.
    • Like x 3
  19. robrick5 New Player

20. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Do they stack? Has there been any testing done for multiple powers' shields stacking?

The question has come up in this thread - as a tangent to the the bug report - how is stacking supposed to work? Is it supposed to be layers that peel off as each barrier is penetrated? If so, does it start with the last applied or the first applied? Is it supposed to be layers that are bonded together for their cumulative thickness of protection? If so, what happens as layers wear off?