buff shard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by minuteofdecay, Aug 28, 2014.

1. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Can we get shard back to stunning npcs again?
    • Like x 6
  2. minuteofdecay Committed Player

U know there are other dps powers that stun panic sleep npcs still in the game why not make shard stun again? It would be easier to give it back then to take it away from all the other powers.
  3. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Sorcery is the only power in the game atm that does not have a power that stuns or somehow controls enemies.
  4. Twilight Man New Player

I agree.

But please include more details and full descriptions/names next time. Just a tip
    • Like x 1
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm fine with it stunning, however it needs to not ignore dominance this time around as it could just stun anything regardless of your dominance.
    • Like x 6
  6. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Condemn makes a player kneel before you and stuns them. I love it!!!

@OP I never experienced the stun effect with Shard because it was nerfed before I came back but it would be helpful in many occasions.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

It was fun. Drops from the sky to deliver a small AOE stun. Though it did ignore Dom as Enquirer said.
  8. Trinidad James Loyal Player

You mean like what Gadgets can do? Did Spord even fix this? If not, Time to exploit it till it gets NERFED! Fixed!

• Like x 1
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Fixed that for you ;)

EDIT: You do have to admit the novelty value of an AoE stun like sleep dart being able to do that is entertaining.
    • Like x 2
  10. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I don't want it to be OP like it was but for pete's sake I go to use it on an low level add and they lunge me without it even hitting them. And if ppl didn't abuse it in PvP it wouldn't have been reduced.
    • Like x 2
  11. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Yes and I don't know if the other powers work like it used to, but nothing makes me as mad as playing a duo with some powers (in dps stance) that will put the enemy to sleep or encase them.
  12. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I played Sorcery with the Shard stun and still play it after it was removed and I don't have a problem without the stun. Granted, would be nice to have the stun back; RcW on Celestial still does a major AoE stun. Back when this removal occurred, people were saying that 'all' stuns were being removed from healing powers because healers shouldn't be CCing... yet there are some healing powers that still retained their stuns after Sorcery lost theirs, like the example with Celestial.
  13. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I remember when they said that but it hasn't happened. I thought they said all of them would go too not just healer powers but troll powers when u where in dps stance
  14. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Yep... perhaps they hoped we'd forget. I think they should give us the SAME type of stun that RcW has, which obviously they feel doesn't violate the dominance rule. Which I found that dominance argument strange in the first place, because they could have just made a change to the stun to bring it into alignment instead of just removing it completely.
    • Like x 1
  15. minuteofdecay Committed Player

The real problem was PvP ppl abused it. I guarantee that there wasn't a single hoplite that complained about it. All that needed to happen was stop it from stunning players
    • Like x 1
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

It was fixed. PDart will not stun targets in instances that have high dom requirements. It will stun targets with low will power just like other abilities that apply control effects.

For the topic, and just in case a Dev reads this, the only powers that should apply an actual stun control effect should be the controller powersets. Reason being that is the whole point of the role aside from power out and because of the support role gear, they will always be able to reach the suggested amount of dom required to control NPCs for longer durations. Control effects are magnified only in controller role as described in game.

Tank and Healer powersets should only have access to control abilities that do not take advantage of the long duration control effects. Exception is only Ice because of encasements. That means powers that knock down, knock back, pull, or push should be ok because the end result is not a long time stun. That would work in PvP and instances with NPCs with low willpower. It would not work, or do much to eliminate the use of complete "suppression" on NPCs by Controllers, in normal raids/alerts where you need high dom on a majority of the enemies.

Shard having a knockdown effect should work unless it's a high dom requirement setting.

Stunning should remain a unique effect done by the controller powersets and any ability that violates the Dom rules should be addressed.
    • Like x 2
  17. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I would be fine with only controllers (troll stance only) being the only ones able to stun. But when u see a power stun an enemy in dps stance even if there isn't a dom threshold makes u wonder why shard can't be like that.
    Even a knockdown or a root would be fine imo
    • Like x 1