Broker?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Any idea when the broker will be up and running. This is where I usually get my supplies like soders and whatnots.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Guessing there’s no eta on when it will be up, but hopefully it’ll return when this economy stuff dies down and gets fixed

The new episode stuff is also account bound atm, so I’m not sure If the sodas/other R&D items are tradeable after being made, otherwise I would say maybe look to see if any would trade with an item
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

What they should do is set time capsule contents to account-bound rather than tradable, that would decouple real cash from the in game economy
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Absolutely not. Having the ability to buy time capsule items in the broker and not having to shell out 100s of dollars or wait years for the amount of time caps we already have is the only palatable thing about them. Take that away. Im out.
    • Like x 5
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

So you'd rather have real money have sway in broker prices? If that's the case there's no point about complaining about the cash sellers or state of economy
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

Having the ability to buy time capsule items in the broker gives those of us who can't afford to throw out 100s of dollars on time capsules (and their awful RNG) a chance on getting the items.
    If the items were account bound then they may as well be as expensive and unattainable as they currently are. Isn't that the main problem everyone has with the current economy? Things are unattainable via in-game cash?
    • Like x 4
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

It's been mentioned hundreds of times in all the different threads the past couple weeks.....
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

It's a player driven economy where only the minority get to partake in, no cash sinks, real money spent is now attached to a ingame cash value furthering the hyperinflation. If the problem is things are unobtainable with cash, you are indirectly feeding into the problem as you give players more incentive to drop cash on time capsules to convert the content to ingame money. It's a win/win for Daybreak, Players buy the TCs and sell to other players converting their actual money spent into in-game currency. Giving incentive for them to keep buying TCs . What you payed with ingame money to get a TC collectable, someone spent real money to get

You want to fix the economy, the game needs cash sinks things need to cost alot more then 2000 and items gained through paying real money needs to be restricted from entering circulation. If the problem still is nothing is obtainable ingame with cash, then make that a vocal issue

As I see it they offered you a solution that that no matter what someone is paying Daybreak in real money. As every pretty much the majority of the TC contents in circulation were purchased with real money
  9. Rainnifer Committed Player

It'd be better to advocate for no time capsules at all (which will never happen at this point) as opposed to account bound time capsule items, making them account bound will only further anger many people as there'd be less reason to buy the capsules because you know you can't sell what you get from it and already know of your low chances of coming out with anything meaningful. At this point we are too deep in with time capsules in general, people want the items but don't want to spend so much money so the broker helps resolve that. The ones who spend the most money have things they can sell to other players to get other things they may have wanted, and the ones buying get what they wanted too. Which is a "win-win" for the players.

The main problem that went on was the glitch money, where the rich got richer by cheating and were able to scoop up all the honest items that were earned and selling, making it much harder for the "poor" to be able to afford anything. The in-game money itself was never meant to be generated out of nowhere at the rate it was at, which messed everything up. With the glitchers and glitches gone, people will be able to go back to building up their cash to buy what they want instead of watching everything raise through the roof where it'd be impossible to do so. At least ideally.
    • Like x 2
  10. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

Maybe they could just put everything in the market place like they should have to begin with.
    • Like x 1
  11. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Hundreds of times already. You'd have better luck yelling at the wall.
    • Like x 1
  12. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I actually agree with this, though i know many people wouldn't.
    From a business standpoint, it would make Daybreak more money... or one would think.
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

This would not make Daybreak more money, as players would complain about having to spend money on most of the game elements just to play it. Marvel Heroes Omega and Infinite Crisis did not last long, as those games did what you suggested; players left those games in droves (I was one of them and I played both games).
  14. Brit Loyal Player

I don't mind real money swaying the broker prices, because it has very little impact.

What was terrible was when FAKE money was swaying the broker prices. That destroyed the economy in a matter of days.

If somebody wants to spend $100 of their real life money in order to get one extra copy of a rare item, that does not actually effect anything. They can only sell it as high as the buyers are able to pay, and it doesn't create new money, only change hands. No amount of real-life purchases actually CREATES new money, only relocates it.

But when Players were duping cash in absurd quantities, and using that counterfeit currency to purchase everything in the broker, that is what bloated up the prices. It didn't matter if something was posted for 1k or 1B, the counterfeit cash was limitless and free so they could pay any price, and with every incident, the economy spiraled out of control by this new fake currency devaluing the real currency.

So NO, tradable Time Capsule contents were not the problem. Rich players understanding how to work the broker were not the problem. A game exploit was the problem. Tradable Time Capsule contents just mean that when you make that purchase, you are guaranteed to get something of value for your money, because even if it's a duplicate, you can always at least sell it. Remove that option and suddenly most Time Capsules are utterly worthless.
  15. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I just wanna buy furniture and stuff for Bluebug's bases. I was on the verge of opening the New and Improved
    [IMG]CLUB JLI by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    but alluvasudden the Broker went down and Kilowog's out to lunch!
  16. Brit Loyal Player

To the contrary, Marvel Heroes had direct sale costumes, as well as having gambling boxes in the form of their "Fortune Cards". Neither was what killed the game.

The game was killed as collateral damage to the Disney acquisition of Marvel, with Disney exploiting the "off brand" clause in the contract which required final approval from Marvel for assets being added to the game. Previously Marvel had only used this to avoid things like those 90s "Marvel Swimsuit" costumes, certain film tie-ins that would involve paying royalties, and a handful of characters which were now considered off-brand, like a desire not to see Hate-Monger in the game or any of the 1960s villains who sported a certain facist Germany political insignia that can be considered very controversial these days despite the fact it was included in several comic books back in World War II.

Once Disney acquired Marvel, they abused that "final approval" clause to block everything that wasn't on track with their MCU push. They blocked several popular characters. They forced Gazillion to remove the Fantastic Four from the Marketplace. They rejected generic content in large quantities, so that the developers were stuck building a game and wasting their resources, only to not actually be allowed to publish or monetize their work. It's really hard to keep a game afloat when you spend thousands of man-hours building content that you have to pay to make, but you're never actually allowed to sell in order to recoup expenses and make a profit.

Gamble boxes did exist in the game, as well as direct costume sales, but neither had anything to do with it closing up shop. It was 100% about the fact that Disney-Marvel was intentionally trying to kill the game and end Gazillion's contract so that they could begin pumping out games that exclusively contained MCU content, in their effort to marginalize and phase out the X-Men and Fantastic Four. And Marvel Heroes in a very real way was the safe-haven of Marvel fans who loved the X-Men and Fantastic Four and had seen it as their last place to have access to those characters.
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ran out of xo-materials today and that's a problem because I hate having to farm them. :(
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

should be up before next Time capsule hits else daybreak will miss revenue.
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

I apologize since I'm using my phone to post I can't snip down the quote, so if you don't mind real money having sway in the broker are you against RMT? Because there's no difference, either you pay a gold farmer to give you money or you give Daybreak money for a item which has a varying value in the broker. All the RMT bots in the Hall of Doom would be justified for being there if you don't mind real money having an effect in the endgame economy

the wealthy players will simply have everything because they have money and the people really couldn't afford anything or didn't want to Shell out real money would be the lower class in game. DC universe would be reduced to a cutthroat capitalist game where your actual willingness to spend is tied into your ability to comfortably play the game
  20. Brit Loyal Player

I oppose RMT for two reasons. First, it's against the Terms of Service, and I don't like cheaters. And second, because on a grand scale, a huge amount of the money duping exploit was being performed by those websites that then sold the currency.

Comparitively, I don't hear a huge upcry that the economy is being ruined by the players who trade in-game currency in exchange for spending real-life money to do raid resets for other people, even though it is technically a forbidden RMT. In-game currency changing hands does not negatively affect the economy because it is still the same amount of money. But when some third party website is using an exploit to create duped currency that they can sell, that is something that all of us identify as a serious harm to the game, and that is what caused all these problems.

Don't get me wrong. Individual players were also guilty of the money duping as well, but by and large it was mostly being done by those third party websites; it's how they were generating their infinite money that they could farm out in limitless quantities for barely pennies per million.