#BringBack2016PVP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CosmicIV, Feb 5, 2020.

1. CosmicIV Well-Known Player

Make pvp based on counters again, spamming powers and dealing safe damage with rifle 5 taps isn't how pvp is supposed to be. Best state of PVP was GU56 when PC and PS servers got merged and the big pvp update.
    • Like x 4
  2. DcuoKami New Player

I agree the game hasn’t been the same pvp isn’t fun no more #bringback2016PVP please
    • Like x 1
  3. goldrush_TKJ_II New Player

Foreal bring back the old days I hate this power span in pvp now
    • Like x 1
  4. Bantos2 Active Player

PVP and PVE have no differences anymore. It's basically the 1-6 loadout and whoever has better stats wins. 0 skill included in arenas anymore.
    • Like x 1
  5. xBringIt New Player

Please make it happen!!!
  6. goldrush_TKJ_II New Player

And all powers should be op again you guys will make a lot more money having every power over powered instead of fotm and only making one or 2 powers good a month then nerfing and buffing others just for a month when if every power was good like 2015/2016 players like myself would be spending money everyday to switch powers 7x a day because it was fun knowing u could go any power knowing it could keep up but now your limiting yourselves wit only 2 good powers a month tbh I haven’t switched powers in 3 years because elec been op but if every power was op maybe y’all see more money from me other then 15$ a month
  7. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Disagree. PvP was at its best way before that merge happened. I’d much rather have 2011-13 pvp again before 2016. 2016 was terrible for pvp in my opinion nothing about it was fun then either. I’d rather get back to 2012 5v5, 1v1 type pvp again. I definitely agree on the spamming powers is definitely a nuisance to the game. And rifle lol I tried to get that thing fixed multiple times and got no reply to it. But the best state of pvp was 2011-13. After WM came into play is when pvp took a turn for the worse
    • Like x 2
  8. That1DarkKnight Active Player

Returning to 2016 is more plausible than 2011-2013 because there are less PvE mechanics changes that would be necessary. That being said returning to either of them would be pretty much impossible without drastically altering PvE. If they could figure out a way to leave PvP unhindered after all these PvE updates they would've done it a long time, but they clearly can't and/or won't.

Not that I don't think both PvE and PvP need huge alterations anyways.
    • Like x 3
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I personally would rather see 2013-2014 PvP back before the changes in Season 3

It was more fluid and was a balance between powerset knowledge and counter mechanics. Than after Season 3 when WM/AM came in and there was a giant shift to counter mechanics and you could barely do 3 powers without running out of power. But anything is better than we have right now.

You'd have to see at least some major changes to bring pvp back to any sort of interesting level
    • combos have to be interrupt-able (atomic, rage, light)
    • debuffs have to actually mean something to where running a tank in 4s-5s is viable for cleanses
    • utility belt would have to return which added another element to pvp with syncing dps trinkets etc (can limit pet spam etc but adds an extra clipping trinket as well can make a list of pve allowed ones OR just create pvp trinkets)
    • artifacts can't be allowed to work
    • immunity adjusted to what it was during 2013
    • I personally don't like the 5tap block changes but that can be debated
    • take arena marks out of legends so that if you wanted arena gear you actually have to play arenas and not just farm legends
    • multiple gear sets for roles, not just 1 universal set so that you can mix/match builds (like dps gear in controller role, dps gear in tank role, or tanky tank etc)
    im sure there is more this is just off the top of my head tonight.
    • Like x 4
  10. CosmicIV Well-Known Player

Comparison of
    the current PVP
    to pvp
    2016-17

- Revert to 3 or 4 taps on block to prevent rifle 5 tap spamming safe damage
    - BRING BACK IMMUNITY
    - Make powers to be interrupted when being spammed (Atomic, HL, Quantum, rage, celestial)
    - adjust the power bar so you are not able spam powers and deal much damage without using your weapon (example: spamming 1 ability with gadgets until the opponent is dead)
    - Don't allow artifacts or in pvp
    and many more that can be done
    • Like x 3
  11. BƖack Dedicated Player

2011-2013 was best time for pvp imo
    • Like x 2
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Augments probably shouldn’t be allowed either, before the revamp, people just speced into power so they could spam
    • Like x 1
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Take valor out of legends, make the utility belt usable in arenas, nah. People hated the pets, and supply’s in arenas, and by removing valor marks in legends your excluding another medium of farming, which hurts the lower geared the worst. Everything else is agreeable though
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

They can't bring back PvP without fixing powers and weapons. Last time I looked weapons got a pass for nothing. because we are still in the same unbalanced spot it was already in. The game got a revamp to make stats matter but we all know what matters #unbalanced. So I don't see the point in fixing anything anymore because it goes nowhere anyways. The devs know this aswell. So the big picture is not to do anything with PvP because there is no balance at all with powers or weapons. That kinda balance would mean a whole new game or 2 years of testing. With a much much bigger development team on hand is needed. Because clearly we have gotten nowhere with the revamp
    • Like x 1
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Supplies and pets etc wouldn't be allowed on the belt, they can specify which ones like the dps trinkets or create new unique trinkets just for pvp.

For the valor marks they have NO BUSINESS whatsoever being in legends. You want to unlock legends characters? play legends. You want to unlock pvp gear? play arenas. You can have a full 101 pvp set without stepping 1 foot into arenas which is pathetic. Players want the easy way out and just farm quick legends matches instead of looking for a proper group makeup to play 4s - 8s or don't want to play 1s or 2s or they don't want to que up as a support role at all. Legends and Arenas are 2 separate aspects to the game and need to be treated as such.
    • Like x 5
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

How is legends “the easy way out” lol lol.l, and how are the parties different in any manner, they’re treated the same because they are the same. You want another form of farming valor to be taken away for what reason? And no trinkets are needed either leave that in over, it’ll just bring about a balancing issue anyway
  17. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

A
    i agree with this. If anything make valors half in legends and see if people still run them as much. And I definitely want the old utility belts back excluding the HT trinkets which I’m sure would easily be able to cut off. I did like the white mods too only one i disliked was tumble master because it was acro only, but that changed so now it’s viable for all. Would also love if they brought back healing and trolling to its full power. Never understood why they capped heals and power. Artifacts and augments definitely no. Keep those out since you need to do pve to get them maxed out. Hell they can even make new trinkets for pvp that do support and damage so you don’t need pve to get them. They need to add back the RPS system and role gear as well.
    • Like x 3
  18. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

I like all your suggestions in the first post but stuck on the legends opinion.

How would players with no gear fair in pvp? would you recommend stat clamping like it is now, an unranked arena (no preformed groups allowed, players stats are evened out to level the playing field) and ranked arena (no stat boost to match a player you enter with your gear and your stats, 4's - 8"s groups are allowed and recommended but not forced), or they suffer endless L's till they can get a complete set of gear.
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Legends requires no gear, faster death matches due to lower health, no roles, no group synergy. Like I said before, don't duck this question "why should someone who only plays legends unlock arena gear?" you play legends to unlock legends characters and you play arenas to unlock pvp gear. That's how it worked for a VERY LONG time in the game before they made it easier to gear up and you arenas was dead compared to legends because it was much easier to que up legends and you could just afk and farm marks or just allow yourself to be killed in a legends lair battle that would take 30 seconds compared to a 10-15min slugfest in 2s or 4s.
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They can just make a playlist where you are capped at the cash gear levels so it's like legends in regards that you have similar to the same stats but you still have full access to create your own loadout and que in with support roles etc.

like a "barebones" playlist like old call of duty