Bring weapons back to DCUO!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jan 8, 2018.

1. L T Devoted Player

two-handed. I like it because the clipped melee combos are strong, and I spec into arrow storm for decent ranged damage also.
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

using fury with weapon attacks was sorcerys AM and allowed to spam scissor kick clipped with power... nowadays this combination would be more of a hybrid playstyle... tip: if you realy want to use WE, you are better up with equipping only 12 and 18 second cooldown powers such as AOE, weapon buff of course, a shield and a healing power. also, clipping is using way more power because it is faster than let your WM's have theyr complete animation times running. you will need to do so, otherwhise you will run out of power to fast. it makes also a huge difference if you have power in your generator or not... hope that helps my weapon fellows ^^
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

arrow storm is a very fast WM wich doesnt allow powers to be allways clipped with, except maybe 100 power cost powers...
    especially if you have fury out in addition to make auto regeneration even slower while WE is making it slow allready...
    you can regenerate power only with your first hit, throwing your two hander, the WM itself will not give power back to you ^^
  4. Tocimus Committed Player

Remember when powers boosted weapon attacks?
    Pepridge Farm remembers.
    • Like x 3
  5. Saami Loyal Player

Atleast weapon-mastery is par with best pftt. I mean best wm with best pfft. Hybrid needs some serious buffs.
  6. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Well if done about right, moving some of the Cross Weapon combos' strength to regular combos would make weapon clipping(hybrid) viable again while WM playstyle's damage could become more evenly distributed between weapon taps,weapon Holds and final combo and not weaker. Right now with most of the damage put at CrossWeapon combo, players are screwed if interrupt earlier or when Weapon buff expires right before final combo.

Another issue is that Weapon buff carries too much of weapons' strength (30%?) and it lasts exactly as long as the cooldown.
    If Weapon buff lasted like 14 secs with 12 sec cooldown or cooldown was reduced to 10 sec that would make it more consistent to use.

I always liked weapon clipping more than WM but after WM's crit window mechanic was removed I absolutely dislike WM.
    Playing WM looks shallow and mixing full weapon attacks with superpowers in between just feels weird. Crit Window mechanic was like the highlight of WM back in the day and it made it look complete.
    • Like x 1
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

20% buff in Weapons Expert mode would be well-received instead of 10%.
  8. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

I definitely agree with the idea of extending the weapon buff duration so that it's easier to keep it always up. I would actually suggest 24 seconds (2x current) as this will make it much easier to get off your long combos especially when you take into account having to restart after getting interrupted by an NPC, etc It certainly won't unbalance the game as it won't increase the DPS beyond what we can already reach, but it will make being a weapons expert a lot easier and more importantly more fun. (And isn't that what the developers should want for us?)
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hopefully having boss damage on the scoreboard will at least improve our standing with the community. I can’t vouch for all weapons, but I know that most of the combos I use are either entirely or partially single target, so seeing boss damage will hopefully at least get the pugs off my back. That’s all I really want, I don’t actually care myself about where I am on the scoreboard.
    • Like x 1
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

only if you use either bow into smoke bomb or dual wield into flurry shot.
    those are the strongest outliners by far. everything else falls flat in compairison...
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would say: no buff for super powered (they got theyr buff with power)
    10% precission and WDPS for playing hybrid and WE 10% for WM's.
    thats how i would see it fit, because it would be just enough, not to OP.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

that is a bit much. i guess you only need a little extra time for completing your ongoing combo.
    18 seconds run time with a CD of 12 seconds are giving you additionally 6 seconds to do so.
    that goes well because as a WE, you depend on shields and AOE's, wich are twelve and 18's.
    of course: nobody is asking for the weapon buff stacking, its only about making it last longer.