Bring weapons back to DCUO!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Jan 8, 2018.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

i think that would actually be the simplest solution. it could make a difference.
    hopefully, it would be just right. maybe it wouldn't suffice, but rather that,
    than making huge over nerfs and over buffs. devs have done that in the past.
    but they have been taking theyr time lately, i guess they improoved themselves.
    of course: the sooner a change happens, the better for weapons, but right.
    i would be interested in how devs see the state of weapons, and how they play.
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, taking away 10% might and giving 10% precision,
    thats a huge weapon improovement of 20% actually...
    maybe WE should gain CC imunity instead of 10% WM
  3. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

Along with my superpowered alts, which I also love, I have my WE alt. But the one thing that I have always been saddened by is that WM instead of meaning mastery of a weapon with a bonus to damage actually translates to weapon combo mastery since the combos do significantly more dps. This is especially annoying as my favorite weapon is staff with its beautifully flowing animations and staff moves. But unless I am playing lower level where my dps is still high enough I can't use it without losing significant dps and there are no combos ending in staff.

My suggestions to make playing WE more fun are:

1. Have WM make the higher level moves do same dps as combos so you can use either one w/o messing up game balance. That alone would make weapon lovers happy as they could play their favorite weapon without having to combo to a weapon they don't like. And likely lead to using the longer combos

2. Do a weapon pass so all weapons have at least one sequence within 10% of the best combo. (currently bow-smoke bomb)

3. After doing 1+2, adjust the bonus on WE up to make it on par w SP

4. Adjust WE so you get pre/power bonuses if it selected. While I like the idea of pre/def bonuses, adding Defense to any stat would turn it into a must have for tanks and unbalance the game.
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What are you talking about? I specifically said this idea was for areas where people didn't have enough dom to affect the adds. In other content, nothing would change as far as countering goes.

I agree with your comment on artifacts. They shouldn't be mandatory. My comment has nothing to do with artifacts.

Maybe you meant to reply to someone else.
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

counters are risky and a reason why weapons are fun and need fast reactions..
    i guess it would take away one of the most importand aspects of weapon usage.
    also: dps gear has no dominance (exept OP gear). same value needed like CC's?
    should weaoin user realy need to spend a huge part of theyr stats into dominance,
    just to be able to use one of theyr core mechanics? would it realy help weapons?
    or don't you think it would be just like pressing 12345? i think that woul be boring.
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Weapons definitely need fixed. A mook that I could slap around for over a minute by rapid-fire tapping melee hits and have something like a hundred hits on him before he goes down....same mook, cycle bow to smoke bomb half a dozen times and he’s down in 1/4 of the time - about how long it’d take if I were using powers instead, actually.

which, of course, you guys already know...but I just got around to trying it out for myself yesterday to see how bad it is. :p
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

But, see... you're asking for something that doesn't exist. Right now, you can't block break adds or bosses if you don't have enough dominance. That's the way it is. Are you trying to change that? You can't stun them, or affect them in any way without it.

However, other content besides raids doesn't have the same amount of dominance checks, so it them you can, and would still totally be able to, counter them. I'm not proposing changing any of that. Just saying make it so that in content where WE CAN"T COUNTER THEM, THEY CAN"T COUNTER US.
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Since when? I do it alot in raids when I heal.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Seriously? Never worked for me. Maybe I have too much lag. Well, scratch that then.
    • Like x 1
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

everyone can use blockreaker, lunges and even blocking out bosses is indeed possible if you survive the dammage.
    no problem at all. there are even raids in where it is a mechanic to save the tank with a lunge (new genesis, first boss).
    only using powers for CC's is restricted for trolls and tanks (or those hwo have enough dominance to do so). actually,
    as WE in normal raids, i try to allways keep a shield up or use a heal, then i can go melee and counter even bosses.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's an interesting suggestion, a counter buff for the whole group.

That kind of ties back into what you were arguing against originally as well though, if I'm a weapon dps, and I know I'll still get benefits from counters even if I don't do them, why would I try to do it? I'll just let others do it while I continue to ignore them and still reap the rewards from other people's awareness.

Something you need to take into consideration as well.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

^^
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

exactly my thoughts. countering is allways a risk, for example a lunge could lead into an AOE...
    those hwo are the fastest to react get the buff from the sparing AI artefact, it is a nice reward,
    for those hwo take the risk as first, and i think it should stay like that... it needs good reflexes.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Wouldn't you be motivated to do the counters yourself, you'd seriously rely on another member of the group to do it? In a league run maybe, but in a PUG run? Isn't part of the problem that PFtT pew pew pew and ignore everything.

Also in small content you're much more likely to be doing these counters yourself as well.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not me personally, I used it as an example of what the average user would do, it wouldn't motivate them to farm counters if they still get the benefit from someone else doing it. It's like people that don't level up their artifacts because they get the buff from someone elses. People are leeches in this game that will farm off of someone elses efforts.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Fair enough, can't argue with that, I've seen it as well
  17. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

What if performing the block breaker, etc. was what triggered the damage, regardless of whether yours was the one that actually succeeded? No attempt? no damage.

Just spitballing here. not sure how feasible that is.
    • Like x 1
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, the benefit for the whole group is allready there:
    if i counter a target, it will be unable to attack for a second.
    i guess it is only fair to the one hwo succeeded in doing so,
    to get a little extra... i mean: if i dont counter an attack,
    maybe the tank dies, then the group will have a problem...
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Blimey I go away for a couple of days and you lot are on crazy talk about counters buffing the whole team. Look, let’s just buff weapons up to the potential of pftt first. That ought to at least get those rude pugs off my back, which honestly is the only reason I even give a monkeys about this. Then Proxy will be able to see for themselves that we really do need slightly higher damage potential than pftt to compensate for all the extra crap we have to watch out for.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Buff weapons to what point though, that you can just meaninglessly swing your weapon and not care if you end on your *** when the boss blocks and have to start again? That's what this is all about.