Bring the Sony Outage Styles to Current Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marrow, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

They could reallu just make them market place items.. the people that were there alr have them for free & the people who weren’t will have to spend money
  2. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

They want it to stay that why so they can say “I have them and you don’t” I got them and if I could trade them for something else I would. Especially my plasmic lol heard they’re going for 5b+ nowadays. There’s no reason they shouldn’t give them the styles or at least make another two face style like they did the Batman cowl. Hell I know it’s against TOS but If I could id trade my whole account for scarecrows dual wields
  3. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

I’m all warm and toasty in my Hack Attack hoodie ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

By "work", I suppose you mean "getting your account hacked, and your bank details stolen".

I wasn't here for the hack, so why would I deserve something that says I was?
    • Like x 3
  5. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Because it wasn’t even the devs fault that SONY got hacked. DC gave everyone the stuff because they missed their time and subs due to Sony getting hacked they didn’t have to actually give anything to us if they didn’t want to. It was a gift to us just for the simple fact we couldn’t play... so honestly just throw it in the MP for 20$ each item and make some extra cash.
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

I don't mind that they gave players exclusive gifts and the like, the only problem I have is them attaching a feat to it...
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Those styles were not Account Bound, only the characters who were around at the time got them
    If you had a character from that time and deleted that character, then you have lost those styles, they are not even Unlockable
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Can I have a free Lifetime Account, please? I mean come ON - that's an 8 year old gift FFS.
    • Like x 1
  9. AerovengerReturns Level 30

If they do this then I want to be able to obtain the anniversary gifts and the 80th superman emblem!
    I had an account, and several toons... but I didn't log in for four years - that's 4 anniversary gifts.
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That word, "feasible" -- it does not mean what you think it means.
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I believe you should give all members of the forums free ponies and a $10k Daybreak gift card.

Beliefs are fun. Hurrah for freedom of belief.
    • Like x 2
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's plain ol' customer service. Something goes wrong, they throw in a little something as a way of apologizing. If you didn't have the thing go wrong to you, why should you get the coupon for a free meal as well? You weren't inconvenienced by downtime and identity theft (at least one of my leaguemates had to fight a credit card company over some charges). You weren't slighted, so you don't need to be made whole as a remedy to the bad customer experience.

If they do ever offer these to those that weren't there, I think it's a huge flag that the game is sinking HARD and is just trying to hoover up every last penny before it croaks. (Mmm, I loved my metaphors mixed...)
    • Like x 5
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

No.
    • Like x 3
  14. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Me, too. :p
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, missed out on the Second Anniversary because miss-understood and thought it was the Anniversary of me starting, like it does in EQ2 (missed it by about a week)
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It has nothing to do with elitism, why do you feel like you are entitled to past things in a game that is 8 years old? Do you want the Year 1 cape as well even though you could have started playing in 2018? What makes players feel they are entitled to Survival Mode Platinum styles even though they never once played SM and now want them? There are plenty of things I "want" but I didn't care for them at the time like the facebook trinkets but all these years later i'm not going to complain that they should be made available "just because"
    • Like x 4
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I preordered my PS3 version and walked miles in the snow to get my disc from my game store...I have been playing since the beginning and it was NOT my fault hackers to bad playstation network maintenance to bad gaming made playing this game impossible to play on my playstation...I walked in the snow to make sure i was playing on day 1...hows that...
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There's equally no reason to bring back any exclusives. People clamoring for them need to get over their unreasonable sense of entitlement. Exclusives are exclusive for a reason, anyone trying to find an endrun around those reasons are just acting like they don't understand what exclusive means. You've all managed to do just fine without them... Why all of sudden are they a necessity, why do they need to be brought back???
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There's only one reasonable way to make these available to everyone, while at the same time preserving the exclusivity...

Make brand-new versions of those styles, with updated and modernized textures, just like what was done with the Dark Specter Batsuit, the House of El suit, and the Speed Force Spectrum suit. The same, yet different at the same time.

And to be honest, we really need ALL styles in the game given that same kind of makeover. The styles people are asking for in this thread are really old now, and will look crap when put side-by-side with the newest styles. So, remake them in modernized form, give them to everyone for the game's 9th or 10th Anniversary, and call it a day.

To me, that's an acceptable compromise. But as always, Your Mileage May Vary. ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

with the whole standard/enhanced gear set up this more than makes sense...every gear should be available through playing...or the MP version you can simply buy...if you want the play version be enhanced because that encourages playing the game fine...if you want the paid for version to be the enhanced because REAL money was spent fine...every style every gear should have been put in the MP from the beginning...everything...phoenix cosmic no1 black hole...all of it...everyone could super tart themselves up and youd still be able to determine if your duo mates no1 cape is legit or if its front...the difference between the gotten to paid for versions being that obvious
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.