Bring back role gear into pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CaptainPoptart, Dec 15, 2014.

1. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

I think if you bring role gear back into pvp it will fix some problems but if you guys bring it back out try to balance the gear to the role.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Care to elaborate on what problems it would fix? :p
    • Like x 6
  3. nohealhere New Player

i'll be honest. i am all for this but the reason i feel they took out was because u would have ppl in healer role with full blown dps pvp gear modded for dps.

thats just my opinion
    • Like x 1
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This is part of the reason why. Realistically the way they've got it now wherein you mod how you want to play adds for some more versatility.
    • Like x 3
  5. nohealhere New Player

i agree i'm gonna mod resto and prec just so i can do some decent damage as a healer
    • Like x 2
  6. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

well 1 example is lets say your a tank whats the point of going tank if you cant do what your role was made to do :)?
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Erm... the reason people don't take tanks into competitive scrims (4s and 5s) is largely due to cleansing controllers debuffs not really being worth giving up another healer, DPS or even another DPS Controller. It's got less to do with gear and more to do with that.
    • Like x 1
  8. FreddyFazbear New Player

I actually find all the roles sharing the same gear is better for me. I'm a person who loves changing powers frequently, and if I want to change to my role stance, I can easily already have the necessary stats. If I want to focus more on the role, I could just mod it and save it as a build.
    • Like x 4
  9. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Your role is to take in more damage then the other roles. [Check]
    Cleanse debuffs and grant CC immunity to teammates. [Check]
    What is Tank role missing here? Want Tanks to forcefully aggro enemies so they cannot attack anyone else but you?
    • Like x 3
  10. Senexys Well-Known Player

Well to be honest, the survability of tanks are no way in the same playingfield as lets say sorcery healer, their amount of damage mitigation is pretty mediocre to be honest, not even reducing damage by half.

The 1.45 dom based health buff can be raised and also shared with the team for added group benefits, there is also the option to give controlers a more potent debuffs while increasing tank cleanses to 5 seconds.
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That can be adjusted without completely changing the gear structure :p
    • Like x 2
  12. Senexys Well-Known Player

Yeah i forgot that part :oops:

The survability of tanks is just changing values or some quick tweaks, i dont really see any reason to put role specific gear again.
    • Like x 3
  13. Zypher New Player

The roles are still there. I'm a DPS and I'm supporting right now. Strategy isn't entirely gone.. there is just a heavier reliance on damage.

Long story short.. support classes need to be as proficient as DPS to pull meaningful numbers. You can't press buttons and be a good controller/healer in PvP anymore.

Edit: Though I will admit that tanks are pretty much useless right now since cleanses don't do anything.
  14. Supergeon Well-Known Player

Hmmm pretty sure someone just posted something like this, and I'm pretty sure your answers are there.
  15. Supergeon Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  16. Senexys Well-Known Player

Please, re-read again, i never say anything about role specific GEAR, just tweaks with percentages with the current agnostic gear, thanks for the free "propaganda" of my thread, typical guy who need to have the last word.
  17. Supergeon Well-Known Player

"support" is role specific as well thanks for letting them know whom I was referring-saves me from saying it eventually-just say'n
  18. Senexys Well-Known Player

A big difference between role gear and role benefits/percentages, also, i dont save you any time, you already post my thread, keep trying to be a smart kiddo..
  19. Supergeon Well-Known Player

Wow, ok I'm going to leave you here in thought. Btw thnx for saying I'm smart, pretty sure all I've been saying is basic but heck I'll take what I can get from the compliment :)