Bring Back all the auras and OG auras/ materials into the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HBIC-TradeChat-Wanda, May 21, 2020.

1. HBIC-TradeChat-Wanda New Player

I would like to say this because it will give some of the players a fair chance to obtain these auras due to amount of ppl charging or asking such a high price that most can’t afford And getting bashed About it lol it’s crazy and some might think this will mess up the economy I don’t think so if you can put in the vendor where you can buy with marks or quarks then it won’t I know this won’t come true I’m just trying to see where it can go it’s a Thought and some what an idea I know I’m not the only one who wants all the of items back into the game There’s ppl out there searching and paying extra extra cash for one item please read and think about it thanks
    • Like x 2
  2. MsTickle Fate Loyal Player

There's nothing "fair" about breaking promises. If DCUO broke their promise that exclusive items would stay exclusive, we'd have no reason to ever again believe anything they ever tell us.

"I want that and can't get it" doesn't mean "it's only fair that I get that thing, even if it would break a promise made to countless players."

"Fair" doesn't mean "I'm entitled to everything."
    • Like x 14
  3. JustPeaches Level 30

Yeah, let's kill off half of the in-game economy.
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar 10000 Post Club

What Promise?

[IMG]

Not saying, I support the idea of bringing them back, but your promise they can't or won't doesn't exist, in fact the terms and conditions promise you the potential for the opposite, terms you agreed to when playing and or buying said "perceived exclusive".
    • Like x 5
  5. Jensu Well-Known Player

not going to happen, i want those SM mode styles from FOS, doesn't mean i will get it, we had the chance get it when the were in the game, it would not be fair to those who busted their ***** in SM or whatever to get those rare styles.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jack T. Chance Loyal Player

Be that as it may, the Devs have stated for the record on NUMEROUS occasions that things like the Boo$ter Bundle Auras and Materials that were exclusive to those Bundles will NEVER be brought back any other way. They've also said that about things like the Back From the Hack Batman-Inspired Head Style. And they've stuck to their guns on these things, some for over 8 years, so yeah, don't go holding your breath or getting your hopes up. :p
    • Like x 4
  7. MsTickle Fate Loyal Player

I didn't say a word about legal obligation. Most promises are not legal obligations. That does not make them magically not promises, either.

Meanwhile, "exclusive" has a specific definition. Not a legal obligation. A meaning.
    • Like x 5
  8. Irvynnge Committed Player

you're right, absolutely, but you know, I know, the devs know, to re-introduce back in to the game something that they told everyone was an exclusive would be seriously bad form. so, not a promise per se, but certainly an expectation of fair behaviour.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar 10000 Post Club

Actually a promise can form a legal obligation and can become a contract, much the same as those terms and conditions I highlighted are exactly that, a "contract".

A word can and does have a definition, as you've mentioned and these meanings can and do form a part of the contract in terms of interpreting its intent to the parties involved.

You'll actually note for a very long time now, Dimensional Ink have stopped referring to anything in booster bundles as exclusives etc.

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-booster-bundle-december-2019

If you use that most recent one as an example you'll find the word exclusive appears zero times on that page in its entirety.

If you go back to the original booster bundle, which does use the term "exclusive"

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/2013-august-13-marketplace-booster-bundle-dcuo

You'll note it's careful to say "exclusive to this bundle" that isn't the same "never coming back, ever", what that is saying is it's exclusive to that particular booster bundle and won't be in subsequent different types of booster bundles.

They would have every right to return the OG Plasmic to the game in every legal, ethical and moral sense, but not in the way the OP has stated.

What Daybreak could do is return the OG booster bundle to the game in exactly the same way it originally was and do so again in a "time limited" manner and they'd have broken no promises that weren't outlined in the original announcement, despite the fact the overarching terms and conditions allow for them to actually alter the delivery method and go with something entirely different as the OP stated. It just depends how much they want to "perceivably create annoyance amongst some players who will inevitably be upset by such a move".

I'm not saying this again because I even support the idea, I just know many people like to use the terms "exclusive", "never can return" and it simply isn't true. I used to be in that camp, but the reality is, the position they can't return is 100% misplaced in every technical legal sense. Reading the announcements and terms you'd actually have no justification to be upset at their return, legal, moral or otherwise.
    • Like x 6
  10. Proxystar 10000 Post Club

see my notes above, there's plenty of wriggle room :D :D
  11. I3eleth New Player

Wouldn't be fair at all to the committed community that were playing at the time if i started seeing people with my og plasmics, scorch, spark id be upset. You can still obtain them by grinding and paying your price which is your penance for not being around at the time when their price and rarity wasn't what it is now.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Loyal Player

Agreed they can do whatever they want in their game (within WB's oversight for IP), but the items were marketed as 'limited time' or exclusive. There is an unwritten promise that it means that once something is gone....it's gone. If they start reversing that, what's the incentive to rush to get something while it's 'limited time' or the prestige in having something 'exclusive'?

Can they? Sure. Should they? No. And by the way, I am not an owner of all the 'exclusive' things, so it's not self serving. I'd like to have a few of those shiny things as well but understand what the downside is of breaking that implied promise. It's a lack of trust in a company that is already borderline with most of it's users.
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar 10000 Post Club

I have all of the exclusive stuff, so really have no horse in this race, I'm simply pointing out the technicalities :D

If you need a business example, look at how many times McDonalds re-release "limited time" burger variants ;)
  14. Nightcrawler Well-Known Player

As an individual that still has several OG Plasmic, OG Nimbus, etc. auras (and Cosmic Materials) that I bought with a Booster Bundle (not broker or trade) at the time they came out, I can honestly say I wouldn't mind if they ever returned to the game for others to buy.

The reason I haven't used them is because they are so rare that I don't know which of my characters should get them. I originally had 13 white plasmic auras (each costing 20 dollars each and received after spending hundreds of dollars and getting mostly plain normal auras at the time). I've used a few and sold a couple. I think I have seven left. I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to purchase more myself.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Loyal Player

Yeah, but you don't really 'own' the burgers, do you? You 'rent' them for a few hours...maybe 24, then they are gone anyway. I guess if I were eating my TomBot, Plasmic Aura or Year 1 cape....sure, it fits....otherwise apples and oranges.
  16. myandria Loyal Player

Hmm...

This is how those OG auras/materials, as you call them, will hurt the economy.:

Let's say, for example, that the devs bring back the first two resurgence caps that had the power auras/power materials in them for a limited time.

Players will not only obtain the ones they missed out on, but many of them will put them up on the broker for the same, if not higher, prices.

Imagine pages and pages of those power auras/materials on the broker for 400million-1billion in game dollars; yes, this WILL come to pass. Even after that limited time offer is over, those items will still remain on the broker at over-inflated prices.

The broker flooded with many pages of the same auras/materials at high prices will definitely catch the dev's attention; I don't think players will want those items account bound, like what happened to the Shimmer Material, or to have the broker on lock down once again. In fact, we are still awaiting other changes/adjustments to trading in game money due to that last broker lock down fiasco.

Other than what Proxy stated about "aggravating" part of the player base, the negative impact to the economy your request would bring is a close second as to why it is not a good idea, in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shadow Force Committed Player

You do realise any of your characters can get the auras if they are on at least one character with replays
    • Like x 1
  18. Curse Bringer Loyal Player

listen, i have all the auras from plasmic, and most of the mats starting with cosmic. i've waved the showoff flag for over 3 years with the exclusives it's time everyone had the ability to buy them IMO
  19. Proxystar 10000 Post Club

You own that burger completely, you just consume it, that's all, in any case:-

You don't "own the virtual items" either, you buy a licence to use them, that's in the terms and conditions as well haha :D

In fact, it's in the same clause I posted.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar 10000 Post Club

You can unlock those on alts, if you ever wanted them on your alt characters without consuming them, it would cost replays of course, but you could freely sell them without having to worry about that later.